• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone and welcome to the first development diary after Rights of Man. We have been extremely happy with the enormous popularity of this release, and aim to improve on this level of quality.

We did a survey of the community on Rights of Man, and the features you seemed to love the most was the ruler personalities, leader traits and the consort mechanic.

Here is a quick list of what some of the team’s personal #1 favorite feature is!
  • Johan - Disinherit Heir
  • LittleFido - Ruler Personalities
  • Starnan - Ruler Personalities
  • Trin Tragula - Ruler Personalities
  • BjornB - Consort Mechanics
  • Forzaa - Great Powers
  • Anona - Ruler Personalities
  • DDRJake - Ruler Personalities
  • MrNibbles - Ruler Personalities
  • Imse Vimse - Ruler Personalities

We are aware of the problems some people have with multiplayer and aim to release as soon as we have solved the problems. Meanwhile we are working on a 1.19 patch that we aim to have in public beta in the second week of November, with a final release before the end of the month.

So what is 1.19 then? Well… It’s a really meaty and big patch with new cool and free features. We’re adding some new options to the game, enhancing mechanics for different expansions, improving AI, changing zoc, tweaking game balance, and much more.

1.19 will obviously have a name, and a focus.. Try to guess the name from this new loading screen..

EUIV_ChrisitanIV_final.jpg

Nice new portrait.

The next time you do a player survey, you could link to it in a dev diary. I was able to vote in your Twitter survey only because someone was kind enough to link to it in the forum.

Reactions:
Good stuff right there.
I just got back to playing EU4 after a fairly long break, and I'm already loving the new expansion. Can't wait to hear what the contents will be!

Reactions:
Philip II. Spain really needs some looking into, the biggest powerhouse of 16th century still gets eaten by France in most games even in 1.18...

Edit: Ok it's Christian IV, they look really similar ^^

Reactions:
Yeah that's Christian IV of Denmark for sure.

Name of the DLC: Well Wealth of Nations is taken already, that would be fitting. Maybe something with reforms?

Reactions:
Wow, is this like the first EU4 major free patch without an accompanying DLC? I love it either way! Please allow Intervene in wars, and rental of troops pop up even if you have no diplomat available. Its especially frustrating if you play within the HRE and are a world power or have an army to rent out often.

Reactions:
Wow, is this like the first EU4 major free patch without an accompanying DLC? I love it either way! Please allow Intervene in wars, and rental of troops pop up even if you have no diplomat available. Its especially frustrating if you play within the HRE and are a world power or have an army to rent out often.
Wait, so this'll be completely free patch, with no pay-for content?

Reactions:
Yeah that's Christian IV of Denmark for sure.

Name of the DLC: Well Wealth of Nations is taken already, that would be fitting. Maybe something with reforms?
But he just said there is no DLC, just a patch. Just like we had the Prussia patch, which leads me to believe 1.19 will also be named after a country.

Reactions:
Wow, is this like the first EU4 major free patch without an accompanying DLC?
Nope. I know it's not easy to keep track but we haven't had 18 DLC. Only 9. Half of big patches had no DLC.

Reactions:

Ummm. No? Generally every other patch is a DLC free patch. Not sure if that is always true but it is a good general rule of thumb.

Reactions:
1.19 "Denmark" , "Christiania", or "Kalma"
Christian IV of Denmark (nice earrings btw), a monarch who witnessed various reforms & the 30 Year's War, perhaps it's another overhaul of the governance mechanisms like advisors with personalities / more dynamic edict / new national idea ?

Reactions:

No 1.17, 1.15, 1.13 etc was free patches too.

But yes its gonna be a patch mostly about fixing bugs. So not gonna be alot of new content in it.

Perhaps we'll see Peasant Estate for Scandinavian nations (representing rich non-noble landowners).

Reactions: