• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 14th of August 2018

Good day all, and welcome to another Dharma Dev Diary. If we somehow did not reach you with this announcement yesterday, then let it be known that we have a release date for Dharma, and your mastery of a subcontinent can be made a reality on Thursday September 6th

Which means we have just a few more dev diaries between then and now. We have covered the new features and mechanical changes in both Dharma and 1.26 Mughals update, but there are still some things to cover, namely the Content Pack and Achievements. This week we'll take a look at the former.

Dharma_Render_Elephants.jpg

Releasing alongside Dharma will be the Dharma Content Pack, containing new Indian Advisor portraits, unit models, including specific Elephants, and 12 minutes of spectacular thematic music.

Dharma itself contains a generic elephant model which will be used be all applicable nations. For owners of the Content Pack, you will have your own Subcontinental Pimp My Ride as you get your own elephant model based on you playing as a Muslim, Hindu or an Orissan Tribal nation. For contrast, here is the Muslim Elephant model contrast to the standard one:

elephants .jpg

While I have admittedly gone elephant crazy, there are also new unit models for bipedal warriors. For the Muslims, we have made units for all tiers for Bahmanis, Gujarat, Jaunpur, Malwa and of course, the Mughals. For the Indians, we have Nepal Mewar Gondwana Orissa and the South Indian Minors getting love. Here are the renders for a them:

Dharma_Render_05.png

Dharma_Render_01.png

Dharma_Render_04.png

Dharma_Render_02.png

Dharma_Render_03.png

5 years ago, when the game shipped, there was not nearly the level of diversity in 2D and 3D art across the world. We've come a long way from having them same Caucasian faces across the entire world. 42 Indian advisor portraits are added along with this Content Pack to further our commitment to adding depth and immersion worldwide.

Indian Advisor portraits.jpg

As for the music, the powers that be cannot let me embed the sweet tunes here in the forum, but to get an idea for them, one of the tracks is used in the background of our Player Profiles for the Dev Clash. Listen in and admire @omfgBlondie 's handiwork:

Remember that everything talked about today is content you will find in the Dharma Content Pack, which releases at a price of $7.99 alongside the Dharma expansion.

Next week we shall turn our attention to the Twenty Achievements added in the 1.26 Mughal Update. Just for fun, I'm going to spoil 3 of the achievement images, and I want you to tell me what the achievements are.

Achievement 1.jpg
Achievement b.jpg
Achievement III.jpg

See you next week!

Last edited:
Yay! Mughals got their own units! And also excited for multiple elephants and advisors!

Here are the renders for a choice few:
How come just a few? Usually you guys post all of them. I thought it seemed a bit thin compared to normal :/

Asking the real questions here - when is that third Achievement icon going to become a forum profile picture? I need that.

I imagine one of the achievements involves curry.

Achievement names:
Eat Your Grass
Coffee and Sweets
Look at This Guy
>:)