• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 13th of March 2018

Good day all. We're a mere week away from 1.25 England Update going live and the Rule Britannia Immersion Pack setting sail with it. There's not much left to cover in our dev diaries, so today we will simply be covering the 10 Achievements which will be available in 1.25.

achievement_home_and_away.jpg
Home and Away
: As Wales hold Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Paris and London.

achievement_sun_invasion.jpg
Sun Invasion
: Own and have cores on Tepeacac, Mexico, Tullucan and Huastec as the Madyas.

achievement_sleepless_in_seattle.jpg
Sleepless in Seattle
: Have your capital in 2485 (Chehalis) and own 10 Coffee producing provinces.

achievement_philippine_tiger.jpg
Philippine Tiger
: Recreate the Chola Empire as Cebu.

achievement_empire_of_mann.jpg
Empire of Mann
: As Mann, conquer all Islands in the world.

achievement_dude_where_s_my_boat.jpg
Dude, Where’s my boat?
- Capture 20 boats with the Boarding Naval Doctrine

achievement_bright_spark.jpg
Bright Spark
: Have 50 Innovativeness

achievement_anglophile.jpg
Anglophile
: Complete all English and British Missions

achievement_industrial_powerhouse.jpg
Industrial Powerhouse
: Have 10 Furnaces built in your nation.

achievement_chop_chop.jpg
Chop Chop
- Have 6 different consorts with one monarch.

Next week we will likely be releasing our Dev Diary a day early, to share our full Patchnotes ahead of the March 20th Release. See you then!

Hmm, this is a fairly sparse Dev Diary from me, jarringly so. Let me bulk it out at the end for my own sanity by plugging that since it's Tuesday, we will be streaming Session 2 of the Rule Britannia Dev Clash. Decide who to root for by looking here:

Last edited:
This is honestly my most anticipated DLC to date.

I feel the same way. While I would have liked Parliament to get a rework, as well as the English Civil War (and perhaps adding in a mechanism to simulate the Union of the Crowns in 1603), I'm really looking forward to playing yet another game as England with the new DLC!

index.php
Home and Away
: As Wales hold Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Paris and London.
My apologies if this has been answered already, but I notice there are a few new missions like this. Does this involve starting as Wales or forming it somehow? I thought playing as released nations did not take achievements into account due to mother country ruin exploits (deleting army/navy, taking max loans before releasing, etc).

Playing as released vassal works for these. Same for Moravia.

I cant wait for the new mission system, looks so cool and actually pretty tailored for some nations.

lol that sun invasion flag for madyas is so weird and far-fetched. i dont know where paradox got that sun flag for madyas lol. its probably from the tagalog sun philippine revolution which was probably inspired from latin american sol de mayo sun which comes from european sun in splendour heraldry. madyas being a prehispanic visayan confederation would have no relation or knowledge at all of that sun in before the spaniards ever come lol. could have at least used a flag made from the bas relief of the barter of panay instead if paradox couldnt find a flag. or use the white and blue old colonial provincial ensign flag of iloilo or if so wanted the philippine revolutionary tagalog sun, could have used the sol negrense from the republic of negros flag instead. its at least closest to where madyas was in panay in visayas than far fetched luzon. this also extends to the flags of maynila and pangasinan in regards to being suns only from spanish masonic influence in the philippine revolution. in regards also to pangasinan, it seems perhaps the name of the state may perhaps been better as "Caboloan" than simply as "Pangasinan" since more accurately the province's name is pangasinan rather than the state. the cholas for cebu seems to be so far fetched and silly too lol. as i know, cebu's ruling background of a wayward minor chola prince seems to just be a minor forgotten personal history of the ruler lol. but i guess as achievements go, anyone can dream grand ambitions no matter how far fetched lol. would've been better to have an achievement to unite the philippines before the spaniards arrive or just unite the archipelago by local filipinos themselves instead of by colonizers. another achievement for a on a grander scale is to unite nusantara along with indonesia and malaysia's dreams to unite maritime southeast asia. or theres even a more grander ambition of an achievement which is to unite all of austronesia of all its austronesian speaking peoples from madagascar, indonesia, malaysia, east timor, taiwan, philippines, cham in vietnam, polynesia, micronesia, new zealand, hawaii, and easter island.

Last edited: