• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 13th of March 2018

Good day all. We're a mere week away from 1.25 England Update going live and the Rule Britannia Immersion Pack setting sail with it. There's not much left to cover in our dev diaries, so today we will simply be covering the 10 Achievements which will be available in 1.25.

achievement_home_and_away.jpg
Home and Away
: As Wales hold Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Paris and London.

achievement_sun_invasion.jpg
Sun Invasion
: Own and have cores on Tepeacac, Mexico, Tullucan and Huastec as the Madyas.

achievement_sleepless_in_seattle.jpg
Sleepless in Seattle
: Have your capital in 2485 (Chehalis) and own 10 Coffee producing provinces.

achievement_philippine_tiger.jpg
Philippine Tiger
: Recreate the Chola Empire as Cebu.

achievement_empire_of_mann.jpg
Empire of Mann
: As Mann, conquer all Islands in the world.

achievement_dude_where_s_my_boat.jpg
Dude, Where’s my boat?
- Capture 20 boats with the Boarding Naval Doctrine

achievement_bright_spark.jpg
Bright Spark
: Have 50 Innovativeness

achievement_anglophile.jpg
Anglophile
: Complete all English and British Missions

achievement_industrial_powerhouse.jpg
Industrial Powerhouse
: Have 10 Furnaces built in your nation.

achievement_chop_chop.jpg
Chop Chop
- Have 6 different consorts with one monarch.

Next week we will likely be releasing our Dev Diary a day early, to share our full Patchnotes ahead of the March 20th Release. See you then!

Hmm, this is a fairly sparse Dev Diary from me, jarringly so. Let me bulk it out at the end for my own sanity by plugging that since it's Tuesday, we will be streaming Session 2 of the Rule Britannia Dev Clash. Decide who to root for by looking here:

Last edited:
It's possible they deliberately avoided calling the achievement Imperium of Man(n) because that's a Warhammer 40,000 faction and Games Workshop is very protective of its trademarks.

My respet for the CATHOLIC IRELAND but I cant understand why this island of cows and green views have more provinces than the IBERIAN ARAGON for example or PORTUGAL literally the conquerors of half world (the other half is for CASTILLE), for that reasons I am very expentant for the new next DLC about the Hispanic Monarchy, the orbe reginorum PLUS ULTRA. And I hope see more historics provinces in Iberia, like Bilbao, Merida, Santiago, Malaga, Benidorm, Guadalajara, etc.

regards and respects for the polacks and my brothers of the Virreinatos of America
Because we loved kicking seven shades of shite out of each other.

I’m really dissapointed with the devs. So Much more could have been done with this Immersion pack to inprve the Historical experience when playing as a country in the British Isles. For example, events could have been added for the unification of the Scotish and English thrones, more requirements could have been added to form the British Nation, and the two English Disasters could have received the love they needed. Also Scotland and Ireland could have had some of their historical disasters added as well. Like the Scottish crown’s conflict with the Clans.

index.php
Home and Away
: As Wales hold Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Paris and London.

Six Nations references are the best.

View attachment 345444 Sleepless in Seattle: Have your capital in 2485 (Chehalis) and own 10 Coffee producing provinces.

I know it would be such a small difference, but shouldn't the necessary province be Salish (874) for this achievement? Chehalis only covers up to Tacoma when compared to a real map, while Salish province covers where Seattle actually is. For some reason, as a Washingtonian, it just really bothers me that the capital province is just not right...

Empire of Mann should not allow you to ever hold any non-island provinces, period. If you inherit a continental OPM by PU, tough luck.

First things first , you could have done better with puns with this achievement package :p. Have you seen the pun-level of the latest HOI4 achievements?

With regards to this :

I understand that you have to have personal cores in these (not subject) in these, right? Interesting this is the first achievement that forces you to move your capital to the new world.

Nope. A CN only forms if you have 5 cores in the colonial region; the achievement only demands 4.

Always looking forward to new achievements and appreciating those witty references.
The patch looks very promising in general with the added provinces, the new mission tab and the anglican religion.

index.php
Dude, Where’s my boat?
- Capture 20 boats with the Boarding Naval Doctrine
Dude, this one already motivates me to do a Prussian Pirate campaign :rolleyes:

An achievement added in order to make one useless naval doctrine see one use in one game per player. I'd rather see the doctrine removed, but now it will stay forever for the sake of this achievement.

Nah, the achievement could just ignore the doctrine in the future as thankfully Capture Ship Chance is a separate modifier which the doctrine just increases.

It's possible they deliberately avoided calling the achievement Imperium of Man(n) because that's a Warhammer 40,000 faction and Games Workshop is very protective of its trademarks.

Yet Stellaris has quite a few quite direct 40k references. Standard Construction Templates is the first that comes to mind.

Hopefully the use of the modern Union Flag in the 'Anglophile' achievement is a subtle hint at the addition of a 'United Kingdom' tag and an 1800 Act of Union decision.

@DDRJake I heard owners of Purple Phoenix and Rule Britannia will get more missions for Byzantium and Britain region respectively.
But i don't heard nothing about expanded mission tree for owners of Third Rome. So what about it?
Well there are a lot of good historic [Third Rome] missions in game that still exist. Those will be surely implemented, not sure about more of them though.

Those only affect Muscovy and a formed Russia, the rest of the Russians have no unique missions at all. Even after Third Rome, Novgorod and Great Horde share the dubious honour of having far more dev (131) than any other European country without unique missions. They have a respectable 50 more dev than the next ones down...

My respet for the CATHOLIC IRELAND but I cant understand why this island of cows and green views have more provinces than the IBERIAN ARAGON for example or PORTUGAL literally the conquerors of half world (the other half is for CASTILLE), for that reasons I am very expentant for the new next DLC about the Hispanic Monarchy, the orbe reginorum PLUS ULTRA. And I hope see more historics provinces in Iberia, like Bilbao, Merida, Santiago, Malaga, Benidorm, Guadalajara, etc.

regards and respects for the polacks and my brothers of the Virreinatos of America
This may be beside the point, but I am certain you are aware that "the island of cows and green views" had a population of 2 million people in 1700 which is, incidentally, just as much as Portugal (the European part, not the empire) at that time? By 1800, Ireland's population had in fact increased to 5.2 million (and would explode even further up to 8 million by 1840), while Portugal's population was 2.9 million (the much smaller growth in the 18th century of course being, to a certain extent, due to the Lisbon earthquake, so basing the comparison on the numbers in 1800 is a little unfair towards Portugal).
You might want to read up on certain events in the 19th century (featuring Evil Albion and a little guy called Phytophthora infestans) which led to Ireland's image of a sparsely populated, green idyll of leprechauns and folk-singers. That image certainly was not correct (or, to be exact, even less correct) before the 1840s.

Yes, I know that population is not supposed to be the sole factor for the distribution of provinces, but it helps to put things into perspective a little; I, for one, would love an "Iberia" patch with new events, missions, features and possibly provinces for Portugal, Castille and Aragon, however this argument about Ireland being a complete backwater is a little questionable, to say the least.