• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Empire of Sin - Dev Diary #1: Why Brenda Romero Needed to Make Empire of Sin

Good day, citizens of Chicago!

I'm happy to start off the weekend with Empire of Sin's very first dev diary.

Link to dev diary.

This one is written by the Game Director, Brenda Romero, and explains why Romero Games decided to make Empire of Sin. I hope you like it.

dev-post-imag.jpg

Reactions:
I wish Brenda Romero & her team the best of luck.

if someone fails us, can we cut of their pinky? or send a horse head to a rival gang leader? please say yes.
I certainly hope so!

The atmosphere of the early 1900's is almost palpable! Wow!

After reading that Dev Diary, count me as super hyped! :D

"The creativity The Place lacked in its name it more than made up for in its history" -> My flawed english is confused, I am sure it makes sense but I am not competent enough to understand ^^'

I am eager to play this game !
If the devs do allow us to create "an empire in the shadow of the law" from scratch, manage to make this whole process enjoyable and if there is late game content (e.g. you have built your empire and fully control Chicago, now you have new rivals like the big boss of LA, the big boss of NY etc, and you have to compete against each other in order to grow and maintain the control over some key places like Reno, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or some military smuggling routes like the French connection, etc). So, I hope there will be some "inside Chicago" gameplay (like seen on screenshots and E3 vid), but also some "US map management" for the late game.
Wait and see.

"The creativity The Place lacked in its name it more than made up for in its history" -> My flawed english is confused, I am sure it makes sense but I am not competent enough to understand ^^'

"The Place" is one of the most uncreative Names for a Pub you can think of. That's what she tries to say. But it has a colorful History :)

I’ve wanted to make it for over 20 years

Did Brenda Romero play Gangsters Organised Crime?

It was released on 30th November 1998 according to Wikipedia and that combined with more role playing would be awesome. It would not have to be the same but some management strategy and role playing would be great.

Looking forward to it.

Good day, citizens of Chicago!

I'm happy to start off the weekend with Empire of Sin's very first dev diary.

Link to dev diary.

This one is written by the Game Director, Brenda Romero, and explains why Romero Games decided to make Empire of Sin. I hope you like it.

dev-post-imag.jpg
The link to the dev diary doesn’t work. Is there an overview of the game somewhere else?