• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
So how many non 70-day focuses are there here? feels like we could be doing build-up for years unless there's a good mix of 35 day or less focuses
Hey! There will be a mix of 35 and 70 days focuses through out the tree. Most of the earlier focuses are 35 days due to starting at war with Italy. The 70 day focuses tend to be later in the tree or ones that give you large rewards, like more factories etc.

• 30Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
If Ethiopia didn't proceed with communist route and Japan entered the communist route, could Japan use Iwasa Sakutarō and Ishikawa Sanshirō?
We haven't looked at making them available to Japan yet but that would be interesting. However, if Japan and Ethiopia become communist there will be some unique event chains that trigger when Iwasa Sakutarō and Ishikawa Sanshirō go to Ethiopia.

• 34Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
What happens if AI Italy takes the communist path for example? Will they retreat the forces from Ethiopia and ask for white peace or something else?
That's something we're still ironing out with the guys working on Italy, depending on what happens in the world we don't want things to feel too unrewarding or abrupt for the Ethiopian player. So I'll have to get back to you on that one! :)

• 18Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Will Anarchist Spain be have ties with Anarchist Ethiopia ? Like, maybe economically (trading resources while on closed economy) ? Joining wars, Research bonuses, etc...
Depending on what happens in the Spanish Civil War, anarcho-communist Ethiopia will either be able to aid the Spanish anarchists by sending volunteers to them, or allow them to take refuge in Ethiopia should they be defeated.

• 21Like
  • 12Love
Reactions:
Oh god yes ! I was working on a Rif War mod to make the same kind of mechanic you implemented with the African Wildfire focus. You almost made all the work for me ahah, an Ethiopian Africa liberation front is great ! :D
Glad you're also excited about the Rif! It was fun to research and add them into the game! :D

• 14Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Very interesting... a question though: if mussolini and stalin go to war, how exactly are they going to fight? Wouldn't they be locked in a permanent state of war with each other until at least Barbarossa happens? I'm worried about how the AI is going to handle all of this.
It very much triggers an early WW2 when the AI goes down that path, which is why it is heavily weighted to only take that course of action if there is a BIG strength gap between Italy/the Soviets and there is therefore more chance of the two sides actually clashing somewhere in the world.

• 12Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wrongwraith said the Ethiopian BoP would be shown in this dd but it wasn’t.
Apologies for that, I've been making some changes to the Ethiopian BoP recently and didn't think it was right to show it off in it's current state as it may not reflect what makes it into the release.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions: