• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gars couldn't post this himself today, so I'm doing it for him:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Captain speaking. I’ve been invited to make a short guest appearance here this week to give you an update on some of the new features that will be available to further mod Crusader Kings II once the next DLC is released.

Ever since the addition of forts to the game, there has been requests to be able to build buildings inside them just as in other settlements. Well, now you can.

And for those mods who want to present their players with their own bookmarks or additional bookmarks, the era selection screen has now been made fully customizable. So there is no longer the need to use our hard-coded localization strings or images, and the number of eras presented can now be set to anywhere from one to five.

Due to popular demand I have also added a number of new powerful scopes to triggers and effects that will make it easier to script complicated events and decisions, such as any_character and any_landed_title.

To whom an AI character gives out minor titles and religious titles are now scriptable in the same way as other decisions, and targeted decisions has gotten a new friend filter.

The new patch will also see a number of bug fixes. Some of the additional family opinion modifiers that were added earlier this year, such as uncle, nephew and niece all had some problems but are now working as designed, and the opinions between a child and his/her mother and father have now been split into several modifiers to allow for more control.

If you are interested to read more about these and other features you can head over to the mod sub-forum (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/crusader-kings-ii-user-modifications.682/) and specifically the thread Captain's Log (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/captains-log.774248/)

Over and out.

/The Captain

dd6.jpg

Wow

Reactions:
Thanks for posting this. The modding community is vital for any PDX game and additional options should always be welcomed.

Reactions:
Nice,....aahhhh...a picture. Beautiful.

*hype*

biggrin.gif

Recent Captain Gars posts in the subforum did indeed sound very promising.

Last edited:
Wait, can we mod it so we can build buildings inside forts or will it be included in vanilla? In the latter case won't it kind of overlap with what castles suposedly are?

Due to popular demand I have also added a number of new powerful scopes to triggers and effects that will make it easier to script complicated events and decisions, such as any_character and any_landed_title.
Awesome! Ehm is there a chance that we might get any_province? I mean any_landed title would be even heavier anyway.

And for those mods who want to present their players with their own bookmarks or additional bookmarks, the era selection screen has now been made fully customizable. So there is no longer the need to use our hard-coded localization strings or images, and the number of eras presented can now be set to anywhere from one to five.

Actually everything except maybe images (not sure about them) already were customizable. I suppose you made it only easier to change. Good to hear anyway.

Prooves:
vttmgb19hga988mzg.jpg

c9uxhh9aahwbcbmzg.jpg

Reactions:
"The new patch will also see a number of bug fixes."

Maybe seduction? Pleasepleaseplease

Did... did you fix the Lombardy flag bug?

Hate to burst people's bubbles, but, as User Mod Coordinator, Captain Gars' purview is to fix bugs in modding related features. Neither of those qualify.

Reactions:
Did anyone else get excited thinking this DD was going to announce new features for navies?
Funnily enough no considering that's something I've been asking for for a long time, I immediately thought Gars. Have I become jaded with these dev diaries? Perhaps.
Though granted this one was fairly good for a ck2 devdiary lately.

Reactions:
Speaking of flag bugs, I hope the bug where the HRE flag defaults to the historical one (despite the 769 decision to form them supposedly giving them your flag) after reloading a save.
That's actually pretty much the same bug. Dynamic flags reset upon loading the save.

Reactions:
I was very excited about forts when they were announced, but was somewhat disappointed because you couldn't build and upgrade anything in it. Yeah, you can bet I'm excited now.
Anyway, what's the coat of arms on that picture? Looks similar to that Anglo-French combination.