• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dev Diary #116 - Agrarian Research Techniques

116_EyesLeft.png

116_EyesRight.png

... Anyone watching? No? Good.

Ok, just you and me. Great, because I've only got a few wee lil morsels today and I don't want to share them with too many people. So let's all just keep this quiet and, if anyone asks, the dev diary was about how we research thirteenth century agrarian techniques in rural France. Got it? Good.

I want you to tell me what this historical character...
116_Char1.PNG

... this historical character...
116_Char2.PNG

... and this historical character all have in common.
116_Char3.PNG

Figured it out? Yes? No? Waiting for someone else to scan through every character in the game before you hazard a guess? Ok, well, to be a bit fairer, it's got something to do with this:
116_ListCensoredv2.png

The list includes all the interactions in a particular category. You would not see all of them at the same time like this.
:D This has nothing to do with Wards & Wardens.

Finally, none of them are directly connected to this chap:
116_Char4v2.PNG

Alright, that's all I've got for you today, but I expect to be going over that list again soon. And in detail. If anyone asks, remember: rural France, agriculture, thirteenth century, yada yada.

Till next time!

• 100Like
  • 45Haha
  • 5Love
Reactions:
Finally, agriculture update! Cannot wait to build more farms, so I could employ more knights and more soldiers! Armies march on their stomachs after all!

• 46Like
Reactions:
Finally. CK3 and Paradox discovered the Cash Cow that are Farming Sims.

Enjoy farming your cabbages in the 11th century and have some interesting interactions with Matilda of Tuscany, Konstantin X Doukas and many, many more.

• 73Haha
  • 12Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Errr I get the joke but it feels like there isn't really the good will for it at the moment, hope the next diary comes sooner rather than later

• 12Like
Reactions:
What I've gotten out of this is that we now have homework assigned to figure out who these *historical* characters are, then we can maybe, *maybe* figure out what interaction links them.

I imagine it's *possible* to find them, but a real pain to sift through all the various characters, especially if they're unlanded

• 5Like
Reactions:
Errr I get the joke but it feels like there isn't really the good will for it at the moment, hope the next diary comes sooner rather than later
I guess they aren't allowed to write that much about the next pack until the Trailer or something else drops. I pity Wokeg. He is only the messenger.

• 39Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Joining commentators above me:
That kind of teaser should be after small-medium sized dev diary and should not be dev diary itself
I was excited to see new features, but all i got: “we are doing something, thank you for your attention, bye bye “

• 13Like
Reactions:
What I've gotten out of this is that we now have homework assigned to figure out who these *historical* characters are, then we can maybe, *maybe* figure out what interaction links them.

I imagine it's *possible* to find them, but a real pain to sift through all the various characters, especially if they're unlanded

There's more than one teaser in this dev diary, as it happens. More than two, even. Some might be more subtle than others...

• 13Like
  • 5Haha
  • 2Love
Reactions:

The dark-skinned one could be a good start cause we all know there're only a few historical characters in game in Africa.

• 12Haha
Reactions:
There's more than one teaser in this dev diary, as it happens. More than two, even. Some might be more subtle than others...
Three that I notice at a glance. Only agricultural techniques here. There are absolutely no hidden things in this developer diary.

I shall take a lean back and see when people notice what these characters have in common.

• 10Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I think the third one might be the son of Rurik of Novgorod in the 867 start date. He looks familiar but can't open the game at the moment. I think he's got the quick trait.
1676987853731.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 948994
View attachment 948995
... Anyone watching? No? Good.

Ok, just you and me. Great, because I've only got a few wee lil morsels today and I don't want to share them with too many people. So let's all just keep this quiet and, if anyone asks, the dev diary was about how we research thirteenth century agrarian techniques in rural France. Got it? Good.

I want you to tell me what this historical character...
View attachment 948996
... this historical character...
View attachment 948997
... and this historical character all have in common.
View attachment 948998
Figured it out? Yes? No? Waiting for someone else to scan through every character in the game before you hazard a guess? Ok, well, to be a bit fairer, it's got something to do with this:
View attachment 948999
The list includes all the interactions in a particular category. You would not see all of them at the same time like this.
:D This has nothing to do with Wards & Wardens.

Finally, none of them are directly connected to this chap:
View attachment 949000

Alright, that's all I've got for you today, but I expect to be going over that list again soon. And in detail. If anyone asks, remember: rural France, agriculture, thirteenth century, yada yada.

Till next time!
The next expansion will be about the common people and the lands they inhabit.

• 5Like
  • 5Love
  • 3Haha
Reactions: