• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Yes all use factions...thats why it is under patch and not DLC.
Then again the Retinue system is DLC, but is for all factions.
The real reason to believe it is for all factions: "replaces many existing plots and normal revolt mechanics". Can't really do that if it isn't for everyone ;)

So they should add more content (my wishlist is already posted) and charge more then ;)
So far every major DLC (Ruler Designer and Sword of Islam) has had smaller DLC released alongside. There's no reason to expect this to not to be the case this time around.
As you can see it looks like there is definetly a demand here from people who would like to have more content and would also be willing to pay for that.
Then it can be a separate DLC rather than raising the price of LoR itself ;)
Not that it matters much either way to me; I own all the DLC for the game, and will likely continue buying it all.

OK I work for a very big software company - you could be right - but you don't have to (and I doubt it). The patch could be also financed through any other new Paradox Title. Or the costs for future patches are already calculated into the price of the original game when bought.
So I stick to my statement.
Paradox has stated quite clearly that free patches will be released as long as enough people buy the DLC.
As such, the DLC definitely does finance the patches. Arguing otherwise would be silly.

In bold are things that we've had added in free patches before. So, in short, you're just paying for some Byzantine flavor events/decisions and a couple of new models for your councillors.
What? Only two of the four things you bolded have been in previous patches (more ambitions and more buildings).

Tech IMHO should have an effect on the size of the retinues; I high tech areas they could have an substantial size, whereas in Western Europe they would be quite small (but not totally non existent).
That's pretty much how they've been stated to work already ;)