• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Console Dev Diary #12 - The L-Cluster

Hi Console Edition Fans!

AC here again, I’m the Community Manager for Stellaris PC and Stellaris: Console Edition. Today we’re going to be talking about another feature included in the Distant Stars Story Pack: The L-Cluster.

The L-Cluster

For players who own the Distant Stars Story Pack, some black hole systems are home to mysterious L-Gate structures that the player can find while exploring the galaxy. Originally part of the Gateway network, these L-Gates were heavily modified shortly after the construction of the network. The gates, while operational, are stuck in perpetual maintenance loops, possibly due to intentional sabotage. L-Gates are not activated by the Gateway Technology, but instead, require the collection of “insights” related to nanite technology and subspace. Insights are collected in a variety of ways, from anomalies and exploration, from defeating certain enemies, and from researching a repeatable technology (once your empire has progressed far enough technologically).

1 - L-Cluster.png

Once an empire has amassed enough insights, they will be able to open an L-Gate and access the L-Cluster, a cluster of stars located just outside the galactic rim, and only accessible via L-Gate. The outcome of the L-Cluster is determined when the galaxy is generated, so reloading and reopening the L-Cluster will always net the same result (in that particular save).

2 - L-Gate.png

3 - L-Gate-description.png

There are, in total, 5 different outcomes related to opening the L-Cluster, and while we don't want to spoil anything, we will give you a no-context screenshot (because what's a DD without screenshots?).

4 - gray-tempest-fleet.png

That’s all for this week, be sure to join us for our Stellaris: Console Edition, Expansion Pass Three, and Distant Stars Feature Stream Tuesday, September 8th at 6 PM CEST/5 PM UK/12 PM EDT/9 AM PDT!

Hope to see you all there!

Warm greetings,
AC, Community Manager Stellaris

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
6 different outcomes related to opening the L-Cluster
Excuse me what? Is this a spoiler for future Stellaris PC content, because the PC version of Stellaris so far has only 4 different possible outcomes.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Excuse me what? Is this a spoiler for future Stellaris PC content, because the PC version of Stellaris so far has only 4 different possible outcomes.
You're right, it is five and not six. This was an oversight on our part. (Empty is still an outcome)

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Reactions:
Why "L-Cluster" for the name, why "L"?

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

do not worry. Owners of consoles are already in the hell of stellaris optimization (I'm one of them, along with a dozen "funny stellaris video bugs and slideshows in my feed." On the console. Darkness. Depression. Sadness. And only the most persistent, through pain and despair will be able to see this content.

Reactions: