• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last week I didn't have any relevant news for you guys so I didn't post a word and I'm afraid this week it's exactly as non-informative but I'll write it anyway. The team at Colossal has been working on stuff that we will be able to talk about soonish - yes, this is a teaser.

Most of the team members will be attending GDC in San Francisco next week because about two years ago I promised they will get to go there one day. Why would I do something like that? Well, it was the hype for getting a game out and I was so proud of the team for the dedication they had put to it. Cities: Skylines turned out great and I wanted to seem nice I guess. I didn't think much about it afterwards, but the team didn't forget. In retrospect I should be very careful what I promise to them and I should have also realized that we have almost doubled the team size in the last two years so in total 13 people from Colossal are heading to the US. Five brave souls are left behind to keep things running, so it's not a complete standstill here at the office.

I myself will not actually attend GDC sessions like the rest of the team but will be demoing what we have been working on. So there's the real teaser for you guys, expect news ;)

Cheers,
Mariina

Reactions:
Have fun everyone and thanks for making such a lovely city builder for us all :D

If my math is correct, 13 people going to SF + 5 people staying = 18.

So that's probably two different teams. I'm guessing one is for xbox and the other is for general stuff/pc.

Haha, good math skills! Yes, we are 18 in total, all working on Cities: Skylines. However Paradox handles the porting of the game while we at Colossal fully focus on PC :)

Also news coming really soon! I hope you will like it...

PDX handling the port is probably better for everyone. More people working on PC version, and more people working on XBOX and no dev dividing attention.

The question remains, what did the five poor souls that aren't going to SF do wrong?

they neither like horses nor cake

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Yep it does look promising! Great that Colossal Order ARE listening and responding to fans wishes. My hunch is that Mass Transit will arrive just in time to celebrate Cities Skylines 2nd anniversary on March 10th! Here's hoping!

I don't believe that Colossal Order or Paradox will tell you their future strategy on other games or even addons. ;)

And rightly so. This is the company's, or in this case the companies' product and R&D which shouldn't be released to the public until it's ready not unlike a car manufacturer designing a new car and releasing the information about it in full before it's completed so the competition can make something similar.