• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's time for the last CO word of the week for 2016. The year went by so quickly and we at Colossal will be on holiday for the rest of the year! (I kind of wish there was more left of the year though. But it sounds cool, right?) It has been a busy autumn working on Cities: Skylines and we are very happy to see so many enjoy the latest expansion Natural Disasters. Therefore we compiled a little behind the scenes video of the shoot we had for the development diary. The idea was to make a "Colossal Office" video, but it turned out to be more of "Colossal Disasters" :D

I'm sure you are all wondering what will happen next with Colossal Order and Cities: Skylines and I'm happy to say the work continues next year as we plan to keep on developing the game further. We have always and will continue to value the feedback you give us so I'd love to hear what you would like us to focus on next year. Any new features you would like to see? Maybe a missing service or a specific building? New modding tools? Please keep the channel open toward us and we'll see what ideas and suggestions can be worked into the game!

But for now I want to wish you all a very relaxing holiday season and a Happy New Year 2017!

Oh, and check out Colossal Disasters here:

Cheers,
Mariina

Banking! You could incorporate a number of things here:

- mining gold or silver
- a mint printing currency (it needs a name ;))
- commercial will need supplies of cash delivered by armoured cars
- bank branches and head offices
- variable (or dynamic) interest rates in the economy panel

i surprise myself sometimes. this just popped into my head.

• 1Like
Reactions:
have a great christmas and thanks for all your hard work...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm sure you are all wondering what will happen next with Colossal Order and Cities: Skylines and I'm happy to say the work continues next year as we plan to keep on developing the game further. We have always and will continue to value the feedback you give us so I'd love to hear what you would like us to focus on next year. Any new features you would like to see? Maybe a missing service or a specific building? New modding tools? Please keep the channel open toward us and we'll see what ideas and suggestions can be worked into the game!

But for now I want to wish you all a very relaxing holiday season and a Happy New Year 2017!

Cheers,
Mariina[/QUOTE]

It would be cool to get some more stuff like more rocks and different bridges for the map editor, more textures to play around with, and ( very important ) more brushes and the ability to rotate the brushes, please please.

Merry C all of you.

Sahn

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your work :)
Those are things I would like to see :

- ferry on canals
- being able to build a harbor on an existing road
- more bridges
- more road tools (spliting/merging lanes, being able to replace traffic lights with priority signs, to choose the destination of each lanes at intersections, being able to build the 2 directions of a highway at the same time, tools for sunken roads/rails)
- multi-level metro stations and elevated metro rails
- multi-track train stations
- trees have more impact (pollution, noise pollution, land value, leisure)
- specializations for offices and residential areas
- bigger growables for residential/commercial/offices (even 5x5 would be good)
- much much bigger growable industries
- zonable parks and parking lots

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1. specific industry: fishing
2. track->van->worker, so we can have industry and commercial works without track/van entering some zone. (Van deliver the goods to a warehouse building; then workers sends them to each shop or factory)

Both these two are un-finished feature of Cities XL, and they can increase the variety of the city :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Merry christmas and a happy new year to you all at CO!

It's been an awesome year with Cities: Skylines, which has claimed more and more of my free time. :p Love being apart of this community and it's so great to see how involved with the fans you guys are. :D It's such a treat for us!

Top wishes for Cities: Skylines in the new year:
  • Network templates/support in the asset editor (at least the simpler ones like quays, canals and walls)
  • Warehouses for storing goods (so it's Industry -> Warehouses -> Shops)
  • Water industry (like fishing/fish farms, ship construction, oil platforms - no idea how it'd work, but we can dream :p)
  • More awesome DLCs (I know this one will come true! ^^)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi @co_martsu and the rest of the CO Team,

Thanks for the awesome DLC and support you've given C:SL this year! Please keep it going!

Here are my list of what I wish to see from the upcoming year:

· Emergency Vehicle Right of Way (i'm really surprised this didn't happen with the Natural Disasters DLC, seemed like a prime opportunity to do it)

· More Architectural Building Styles

· More Growable buildings of all types

· Ferry System- Open Water

· Functioning Canal System- Boats/Barges

· Water Taxi System

· Light Railway/Monorail- Similar to the Docklands Light Rail in London

· Cable Car

· High Speed Rail

· Functional Unique Buildings

· Functioning Car Parks

· More Functioning Public Sports facilities- Football Pitches, Golf Courses, Baseball Parks, Local Cricket Pitches, Rugby Pitches, Athletic Clubs

· Greater Variety of Airports- including Heliports, Private Airfields, Flying Schools

· Make the Skies more active- Include Civilian Helicopters (TV Helicopters, Private Helicopters of the Wealthy Citizens), more civilian aircraft (Cargo Planes, Small light Privately owned aircraft, Learjets etc)

· More Sports Stadiums- More Real World Football Stadiums, Baseball Stadiums, American Football Stadiums, Cricket Stadiums, Rugby Stadiums, Athletic Stadiums, Horse Racing Courses, Golf Courses

· Industrial Overhaul- Zoning Overhaul (Dirty Industry, Manufacturing, High Tech etc.), new service buildings, Water based industrial development (warehouses, Ship building, Oil Platforms) etc, Greater Variety of Buildings

·Farming Overhaul- Separate Zoning Category, More Important Role in the game, Large Plot Sizes for realistic Farm sizes

· Air Pollution

· An Overhaul of the Societal aspect of the game- Introduction of a population class system: Low Wealth, Middle Class, High Wealth Citizens, Education overhaul (Too many highly educated people emerge in the game), Occupation of Residential developments need to be based on income

· More Bridges (include world famous ones)

· Tourism and Culture Overhaul- More Real World Landmarks, Museums, National Parks, Tour Bus (with Routes), Concerts, Multi-Use Stadiums, Functioning Television, Radio and Film Studios, Theatres, more growbale hotels and restaurants

· More Outbound Connections- Transportation Connections (Land, Air and Water Based), Exporting and Importing of Resources (Power, Water, Garbage) etc.

· Zonebale Parks

· Visible ageing of infrastructure/Buildings from use- expansion of the maintenance mechanic- greater variety of maintenance services

· Bring the City to Life More:
More visible and a greater variety of Crime- Vehicle Theft, Car Chases, Speeding, Assault, Murder, Drug Related Offences Graffiti, Gun Related Crime, Gang Activity, Arson, Burglary, Street Racing etc. (it might make the game more gritty, but cities are pretty grim places if you stand back and think about them)

District/ City Wide Celebrations and Events (New Year, Christmas etc.),

Film Festivals, Concerts , Parades, More Sporting Events (including local derbies and the logistics of managing those)

Vehicle Accidents, Pedestrian Accidents

Infrastructure Failures (Burst Water Mains, Power Plant Explosions, Train Derailments, Power Failures

Riots and Protests, Terror Threats and other security threats

Strikes- Proper ones where services (the metro for example) are disrupted/closed down entirely for the day etc.

Cities in general need to be rougher and a lot less clean appearance wise than they are at the moment- we don't all live in Switzerland :p !

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello C.O. !

Thanks for your work on natural disaster and the hi-tech buildings are such a cool addition too !

New stuff ideas :

-Maybe you could include some top rated mods from the workshop ?

-Something could be done about the rail system, larger or different stations? Modern and old ? Subway depot CM styled ? Elevated metro seems to be quite popular ?

-Somethings could be enhanced on the budget pannel, more professional options, more economy controls?

-A real big townhall ? A mayor house ?

-what about communications ? Web, phone, problems to solve and new expenses, new buildings?

-what about the city administration ?

Merry Christmas to all !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fully support those two. The first one is probably the most important feature request right now:
- more road tools (spliting/merging lanes, being able to replace traffic lights with priority signs, being able to build the 2 directions of a highway at the same time, tools for sunken roads/rails)
- trees have more impact (pollution, noise pollution, land value, leisure)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would really like to see more activity on the water. I've never been to a real city that didn't have tons of little sailboats and cruisers in the harbor.

Industrial ocean activity would be great, especially if it's growable. The coastline should have piers.

I would also like to see engine and simulation upgrades. We need larger growable sizes, farming for instance looks ridiculous with 4x4 maximum size. The aging and education mechanics are really simplistic right now and could be improved.

You would do well to incorporate a lot of the small features from mods. Things like precision building, elevated stations, multi track stations, stop light removal, etc. There are a lot of small but important things like that that should be included in the base game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
definitely intracity ferry transport, please

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi @co_martsu and the rest of the CO Team,

(...)
· Functioning Canal System- Boats/Barges
(...)

· Industrial Overhaul- Zoning Overhaul, new service buildings, Water based industrial development (warehouses, Ship building, Oil Platforms) etc.

· Farming Overhaul- Separate Zoning Category

· Air Pollution
(...)
· More Bridges

· Tourism and Culture Overhaul- More Real World Monuments, Museums, National Parks, Tour Bus (with Routes), Concerts, Multi-Use Stadiums, Functioning Television, Radio and Film Studios, Theatres
(...)
· Zonebale Parks
(...)
Some very good ideas here !
Something around industries might be a solid content for a future extension.

• 1Like
Reactions: