• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!

I wanted to tell you that our game designer Karoliina Korppoo has moved on to new challenges from Colossal Order. Karoliina joined us 7 years ago and we are very grateful to her contribution to the company. Karoliina has worked with all of our games so our history goes all the way to Cities in Motion, Cities in Motion 2 and Cities: Skylines.

"I want to thank all you players, without you I would not have got to work on these wonderful games and with the great team at Colossal Order. After seven years I'm longing for a change, but Cities in Motion, Skylines and their fans will always have a special place in my heart. Stay awesome!”, says Karoliina.

Let's wish her the very best to the future challenges!

Our Game Designer Miska, whose been with the company 3,5 years, will carry on with the design of Cities: Skylines.

All the best,
Emmi

Producer, Colossal Order

I was not expecting that. This is a sad day for me , I see Karoliina on many you tube videos ( that I always rewatch) of the preproduction of the game, and on the conferences of cities like TEDs , the perfect team Karoliina and Marina good times haha , I always want meet that especial team, but I didn’t won that contest to be in the headquarters of CO =( and know she is gone! . I really like the looks and the design of CS I know that is not 100% realistic for a city builder, and many players use assets to transform CS on a realistic way. But I don’t, I play Vanilla and not any custom asset because I see the time and efforts that’s the design team took to CS look like that. is cute, some kind of realistic, and colorful. Of course are things that I don’t like visually, but I am in love of 95% of the Game.

I know that Miska maybe has the teach and will follow the style of Karoliina, but i always going to ask on my head ... what Karoliina would have done.

Well I know that this decisions are difficult and most of the time are good to leave and search new horizons, so I tell you Karoliina good luck.

I will miss you! <3

Good luck on what's to come for you, Karoliina. I can't thank you enough. With Cities in Motion 2 out, I was hoping with all my might that Colossal Order would make a citybuilder. Sometimes, what ends up happening surpasses even your wildest dreams.

Congrats on the new role, Miska. I'm looking forward to the future of Cities: Skylines and Colossal Order.

Miska sounds familiar. It makes me feel baaaaad. Why is it? I don't know, maybe an interesting book or something...
qws2gib.png

Seems like she wanted to try something else but Paradox said you would be doing Cities: Skylines for next five years instead. Kinda understand why she felt burned out. Good luck in her new job then.

That would also explain recent developer silence (coupled with their office move) as they have their own problems to tend to. And Skylines 2 is probably on the way (not that anyone actually want it).