• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The days are slowly getting longer here in Finland and there's a glimpse of hope that spring will once again reach us northerners in the upcoming months. It hasn't actually been that cold here lately, more windy and nasty icy/rainy days. Our friends from Paradox dared the winter weather and visited us here in Tampere last week, though they said it's the same in Stockholm. So at least both of us are suffering equally.

We had excellent discussion on where to take Cities: Skylines this year and also talked generally about improving our cooperation, processes, community and modding too. Exciting things are to follow and I hope you stick around to hear more about those in the future. We got excellent feedback from you guys about the previous expansions and I'm hoping you will find the future ones interesting and fun!

It seems there are some rumours going around that the next expansion we are working on is traffic related. I want to make it clear for everyone that we are not doing an overhaul of traffic AI for Cities: Skylines. Most of you know this as I have said it multiple times, but just to make it clear I want to cut the wings of this bird immediately so no further disappointment is caused. Remember to trust only reliable sources and wait for more information before drawing conclusions. We'll reveal everything in due time.

All in all it seems it will be a busy spring for us. On top of the usual development we're sending a bunch of people to GDC at San Francisco at the end of February to get inspired by the great speakers while I will be there purely for work. I'm not sure if that's fair, but what wouldn't I do for the happiness of our team. That's the secret for them being creative and productive I believe (and I don't have to be either really). There's also warm and nice weather so that probably helps too ;)

Cheers,
Mariina

A small bugfixing patch was released today and here are the patch notes:

1.6.3-f1
  • Fixed helicopters not used when building is completely missing road connection
  • Fixed endless sub-building fires
  • Fixed unnecessary thunderstorm warnings
  • Fixed crash when adding building to a style
  • Content manager asset sorting
  • Fixed: Overlapping 'Unsubscribe All' button in Content Manager in ES
  • Fixed: Player is unable to close triggers tabs in Goals panel even when buttons look functional

It hasn't actually been that cold here lately, more windy and nasty icy/rainy days.

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada, and we have had very little snow this winter. Most times when we did, it ended up above zero (sometimes way above) the next day and rained and melted it all. Rained today. Abnormally warm.

I wish Steam would just show us the patch notes when downloading the patches

Agreed. I was wondering what was up when I saw CS being updated in Steam. Now I know.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wish Steam would just show us the patch notes when downloading the patches :(

I'll check what the situation with this is and let's hope we can work it out for future patches.

Rush Hour hopefully doesn't fall under "traffic overhaul"

We're not looking into Rush Hour mod I'm afraid.

That's really cruel, poor Chirper...

Oh dear, I didn't even think about Chirper when writing that :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll check what the situation with this is and let's hope we can work it out for future patches.

We're not looking into Rush Hour mod I'm afraid.

Oh dear, I didn't even think about Chirper when writing that :D

Thank you!!!! :D I really appreciate it, this is one of the many reasons i love you guys over at CO & PDX,

Always engaging and listening to the community, you guys are the best publishers & developers by far.

PS. Im not trying to lick you're rear ends. lol :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
No changes in traffic AI? Well... sometimes traffic is annoy like only use 1 lane in 6 lanes avenue.

I just hope/wish you guys do something like "Network Extensions Project" with full suport, its the best mod i cant even play without.

"Fixed unnecessary thunderstorm warnings"
Thanks god, thats was annoy as hell.

Nice update.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a question about emergency vehicles? Is there going to be a patch coming out to have any vehicle move out of the way for an emergency vehicle with lights and sirens on?

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the update on Cities Skylines! While I understand not implementing the Rush Hour mod into the game, I would kindly ask looking into readjusting elements of the night time simulation such as students still being at school at night, people going home after work during the night, etc. It tends to break the immersion of the simulation. Thank you again for an awesome game!

• 1Like
Reactions:
No changes in traffic AI? Well... sometimes traffic is annoy like only use 1 lane in 6 lanes avenue

Agreed it's such a silly thing and needs fixing.

Attachments

• 20170124192300_1.jpg
    20170124192300_1.jpg
    262,1 KB · Views: 165
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I also spotted this when i was playing (i hadn't deleted anything or changed anything, i just happened to spot it)

Attachments

• 20170124192236_1.jpg
    20170124192236_1.jpg
    338,8 KB · Views: 204
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I also spotted this when i was playing (i hadn't deleted anything or changed anything, i just happened to spot it)
Why so much lanes used ? Needless, and think to the cost...; =)

• 1Like
Reactions: