• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This week has been intense! We have been working on a smaller patch to celebrate the start of the 2016 UEFA European Championship and tomorrow there will be a free football (the REAL kind) related mini DLC available for free!

Alongside the mini DLC there will be a small patch to fix a few issues and adding the pre-order content for everyone to enjoy. Most interesting adjustments in the patch are the solar power plants producing now 70% of the daytime output and After Dark's Tourism specialization attracting more tourists. The full patch notes are listed below.

The team at Colossal will continue to work hard on bringing new content and improvements to Cities: Skylines in the future and I hope you enjoy this little update in the meanwhile!

Cheers,
Mariina

1.5.0-f4

Free Football DLC, available to download on Steam Thursday the 9th of June
  • Football Stadium
  • Football match mechanics
  • Possibility to customize football team colour
  • New policies
  • New Chirps
  • New Chirper hat
Patch for all the players, available after devs get to the office on Thursday (UTC+2/EET)
  • Pre-order content added to the base game!
  • Email subscription included on the Paradox account creation page
  • Fixed: 'Unsubscribe All' and 'Add style' are inconsistent with rest of the buttons in Content Manager under Style and Steam Workshop tabs
  • Fixed: Incorrect lighting on H2 3x2 Office13 building during day
  • Fixed: {0} symbol appear next to the price while buying new tile in DE
  • Fixed: Solar Plant producing lower amount of energy during night (Solar power plant now produces 70% of the daytime output during the night)
  • Fixed: Parks & Recreation policy mentioned the Decoration budget (now Decoration is removed)
  • Fixed: Map Editor: Saving a new map (in the map editor) and then loading it result in broken map
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: Tourism Specialization does not attract more tourists
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Bikers stands backwards when waiting at a red light
  • Fixed: LOC: GER: The "Young Adults" text in a district's Info Panel is cut off
  • Fixed: Text: Names exceeding 14 characters are cut-off
  • Fixed: Text: UI: The text fields of citizens or vehicles info panels can overlap when using long custom names
  • Fixed: UI: The number of unread chirps overlaps city notifications, causing it to flicker as well
  • Fixed: Text: UI: Several characters are cut off when displayed in the City Name text field, of the New Game panel
  • Fixed: Bus doors are on the wrong side when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Snowplow blade face the wrong way when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Landscaping: Tooltip for "Parks and Recreation" policy in milestone menu mentions "Decoration"
  • Fixed: LOC: RU: The text box for "Cost: {0} / cell" ("Стоимость: {0} / клетка") is overlapping in Hydro Power Plant info

We have been working on a smaller patch to celebrate the start of the 2016 UEFA European Championship and tomorrow there will be a free football (the REAL kind) related mini DLC available for free!

That is a very nice DLC, thanks a lot.

Especially the players from The Netherlands will appreciate it. They can now make an orange team and pretend they participate in the tournament :)

Reactions:
It's soccer. lol

Great to see more animations in the game; they're needed
dude.
Everywhere in the world except for the US it's called football. I bet even Aliens would call it football, because the ball is mostly played with your foot.

Don't get me wrong, I love American Football even more than football, and I don't have an issue with people calling football "soccer", because that's the term they've learned when they grew up, but it's about time US Americans stop being dicks & pseudo-correcting other people when they use the term football to refer to the game only you call soccer.
Get over yourselves, US-Americans.

Reactions:
dude.
Everywhere in the world except for the US it's called football. I bet even Aliens would call it football, because the ball is mostly played with your foot.

Don't get me wrong, I love American Football even more than football, and I don't have an issue with people calling football "soccer", because that's the term they've learned when they grew up, but it's about time US Americans stop being dicks & pseudo-correcting other people when they use the term football to refer to the game only you call soccer.
mind that all aliens don't have feet :D

Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: Tourism Specialization does not attract more tourists

I wondered why my tourist numbers started to go up, from 350 to 1200! well done CO :)

Reactions:
dude.

It was a joke. We know it gets under your skin to call it soccer.

Reactions:
a bit like calling american football handegg?

Reactions:
I have a question about the new DLC. While playing, the football match mechanics mentions about subsidized youth being 9,000 per week multiplied by the number of stadiums. However, we're allowed to only build one. Am I missing something? Does the stadium need to be around for a certain amount of time or does your team need to win a certain amount of games? Population matter? Just a question from a player who is posting for the very first time.

Thanks,
Pit

@ CubicPoison.

1. I am not looking for any attention, so no I'm not a troll.
2. I will not reply any further, the fanboys have convinced me the game isn't worth it.
3, I've uninstalled the game anyway.
3. I'm not offended in any respect.

Reactions:
No, it really isn't.... Football in Australia is this.

Soccer is this.
oh again with that topic. Indeed our football is actually soccer. :)

True a small manual for stadium would be welcome...

Vive la France! (2-1)

So anyway, I havnt found anything from the latest update? Cant see any football stadium in my inventory. All I've seen so far is the carousel park and the Bouncy caste park...anyone else got the same issue?

This week has been intense! We have been working on a smaller patch to celebrate the start of the 2016 UEFA European Championship and tomorrow there will be a free football (the REAL kind) related mini DLC available for free!

Alongside the mini DLC there will be a small patch to fix a few issues and adding the pre-order content for everyone to enjoy. Most interesting adjustments in the patch are the solar power plants producing now 70% of the daytime output and After Dark's Tourism specialization attracting more tourists. The full patch notes are listed below.

The team at Colossal will continue to work hard on bringing new content and improvements to Cities: Skylines in the future and I hope you enjoy this little update in the meanwhile!

Cheers,
Mariina

1.5.0-f4

Free Football DLC, available to download on Steam Thursday the 9th of June
  • Football Stadium
  • Football match mechanics
  • New policies
  • New Chirps
  • New Chirper hat
Patch for all the players, available after devs get to the office on Thursday (UTC+2/EET)
  • Pre-order content added to the base game!
  • Email subscription included on the Paradox account creation page
  • Fixed: 'Unsubscribe All' and 'Add style' are inconsistent with rest of the buttons in Content Manager under Style and Steam Workshop tabs
  • Fixed: Incorrect lighting on H2 3x2 Office13 building during day
  • Fixed: {0} symbol appear next to the price while buying new tile in DE
  • Fixed: Solar Plant producing lower amount of energy during night (Solar power plant now produces 70% of the daytime output during the night)
  • Fixed: Parks & Recreation policy mentioned the Decoration budget (now Decoration is removed)
  • Fixed: Map Editor: Saving a new map (in the map editor) and then loading it result in broken map
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: Tourism Specialization does not attract more tourists
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Bikers stands backwards when waiting at a red light
  • Fixed: LOC: GER: The "Young Adults" text in a district's Info Panel is cut off
  • Fixed: Text: Names exceeding 14 characters are cut-off
  • Fixed: Text: UI: The text fields of citizens or vehicles info panels can overlap when using long custom names
  • Fixed: UI: The number of unread chirps overlaps city notifications, causing it to flicker as well
  • Fixed: Text: UI: Several characters are cut off when displayed in the City Name text field, of the New Game panel
  • Fixed: Bus doors are on the wrong side when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Snowplow blade face the wrong way when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Landscaping: Tooltip for "Parks and Recreation" policy in milestone menu mentions "Decoration"
  • Fixed: LOC: RU: The text box for "Cost: {0} / cell" ("Стоимость: {0} / клетка") is overlapping in Hydro Power Plant info
Could The Matches be closer together. currently one a year doesnt pay for what is around about 13,000 $ a week
more fixtures please