• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you know last week when I said that we'll take our time with the next expansion, but would try to push a small patch out before we go on summer vacation? Well it's all true. We'll be focusing our efforts to bringing you something massive later on and have started to work with the modders on a new tool today. I'm so excited about this one! However there's much work to be done and not yet any news to share, so I'll stop teasing you about it for the time being.

Luckily there's a small patch coming out soon that will not only include bugfixes but nice content for everyone to enjoy. There will be more news about the content shortly as we plan to get this patch out by the end of next week!

What I can tell you is that the patch will mostly have localization bugs fixed (so nothing major) and the full patch notes will be revealed when the patch is ready. However since the game has done so well we felt that it's time to give something back to you guys. So we are adding the pre-order content to the base game, which means that everyone can have a dog park or a carousel in their city! Those are my favourites, but there's also a basketball court, botanical garden and a bouncy castle available.

While we wait for the patch to be ready to go out, please take a look at the devs behind the game :)
CO.jpg

Colossal Order at the Cities: Skylines 2M party 29th of April 2016

Cheers,
Mariina

There will be news soon of the content... So it's not just the pre-order assets?

Oh one request from humble old me, can you consider changing the 'parks' icon. Because it's a tree, and I used to find the trees there. But now when I wanna place trees I still click it cause I see a tree on the icon. Maybe a icon that represents parks and plazas better than a tree.

Reactions:
There will be news soon of the content... So it's not just the pre-order assets?

Oh one request from humble old me, can you consider changing the 'parks' icon. Because it's a tree, and I used to find the trees there. But now when I wanna place trees I still click it cause I see a tree on the icon. Maybe a icon that represents parks and plazas better than a tree.
+1

Reactions:
I was wondering if you guys plan on adding different types of power lines since there are those that are meant for long-range and for servicing the cities.

Reactions:
awesome :D looking forward to when the patch comes out :D and can you fix the AI when changing and merging lanes and would it be possible to make a 6 lane road with tram tracks and a 6 lane road with tram tracks and trees?

Reactions:
I think the 4 lanes is missing, more...
what about that soil pollution ? Can"t it be removed since we can see pollution on pollution maps.... so this is ugly thing on city map that is only useless.... (and thx BloodyP for his mod)
That button stats in UI would be good too and without pause the game while checking stats, a bit like continuous stats data, and more data in these stats, this would be good too.

This girl on right side have amazing nice smile *get shy and run away* :oops:

Reactions:
@co_martsu I must thank you all for updating the old maps they really look amazing with stones, castles and whatever you have placed. I first noticed the change today.. (probably the problem when only playing on Workshop maps) :oops:
Looking forward to see more new content to be added to CS. :)

she said it was planned/hoped to be released before the end of this week.

Well, I'm puzzled. I've had that "pre-order" content (1st 4 items mentioned) since buying the game April last year, and I didn't pre-order. Is that the upcoming patch content they've been talking about lately? The only thing I didn't get (and hadn't heard about) is that bouncy castle. Well, at least we're getting a patch! I'm always grateful about what the game has offered since it was released, but I wish the devs were a little more organized and secure about their work, and tell us what's coming down the road. I mean, they're talking about a new tool and describing it as massive (sounds like it's definetely DLC - NOT FREE) so why so secretive? Many other software developers, even some bad (like EA) were able to tell us about the general concept and main features of an upcoming expansion three or four months before the release date. So, can you at least tell us if this is a DLC expansion, just a tool for gamers, a tool for modders? Thank you.

I mean, they're talking about a new tool and describing it as massive (sounds like it's definetely DLC - NOT FREE) so why so secretive?
Because as she said it's early in the process, 'there is much work to be done', and 'no news to share'. That typically means various changes and iterations can and will be happening with regard to whatever she's talking about before they know what will actually make it into the game (base or any dlc), no sense in providing too much detail too early. Say something too early and it doesn't end up making the game (or in the way stated early on) people get disappointed, don't say anything at all people moan there isn't enough communication, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Just take the teaser for what it is... a teaser and a underlying message that significant work continues on the game. Keep in mind it doesn't take much to get @co_martsu excited, chipping birds and horses is enough sometimes so watch out for news involving flying ponies. :);) /s
latest

i, for one, welcome our flying pony masters

Reactions:
Is it possible that helicopters might be making their long awaited appearance as the additional content? That would be awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions:
OK, I say again... GENERAL CONCEPT about an upcoming upgrade, expansion or DLC - NOT details, that's what I wrote above. Anyone paying attention to the game industry is well aware that developers DO NOT publish details about yet to be released expansions months in advance, for obvious reasons. Again I'd like to thank the devs for what they've given us; it is appreciated, and if I've become extremely concerned with this new announcement it is for no other reason that I enjoy this game immensely. However, for things that we will be paying for, a great courtesy would be extended to paying customers by giving them an idea of what the next product will be. So, I take it that, if absolutely nothing can be said about what's coming for Cities: Skylines, then there must be next to nothing on the drawing board and this new product is extremely far down the road - 8 months to a year. So why mention it so early? Well, that's the beef.