• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So you know last week when I said that we'll take our time with the next expansion, but would try to push a small patch out before we go on summer vacation? Well it's all true. We'll be focusing our efforts to bringing you something massive later on and have started to work with the modders on a new tool today. I'm so excited about this one! However there's much work to be done and not yet any news to share, so I'll stop teasing you about it for the time being.

Luckily there's a small patch coming out soon that will not only include bugfixes but nice content for everyone to enjoy. There will be more news about the content shortly as we plan to get this patch out by the end of next week!

What I can tell you is that the patch will mostly have localization bugs fixed (so nothing major) and the full patch notes will be revealed when the patch is ready. However since the game has done so well we felt that it's time to give something back to you guys. So we are adding the pre-order content to the base game, which means that everyone can have a dog park or a carousel in their city! Those are my favourites, but there's also a basketball court, botanical garden and a bouncy castle available.

While we wait for the patch to be ready to go out, please take a look at the devs behind the game :)
CO.jpg

Colossal Order at the Cities: Skylines 2M party 29th of April 2016

Cheers,
Mariina

perhaps it was mentioned so that people like you wouldn't assume that the game was no longer being developed? Mariina has already said that it will be a large update. large is obviously a subjective term, but you can infer that it may take as long to develop and QA the game as it did with After Dark and Snowfal; both of which were announced close to when they were finally released.

have some patience; you may not like it very much, but there's not much else you can do about it other than wait for updates. besides, it's just a game. albeit a good game

It really doesn't have anything to do with patience, but rather with the way information about a highly successful game is being disseminated. Believe it or not, I've been defending this game and company against a high number of unfair reviewers and disgruntled customers expecting perfection. However, Colossal Order may be small, but they're no longer a few guys with a small budget "working out of a garage". Although no one was forced to purchase the product or made any set of promises to about what to expect in the future, with success also comes a little more responsibility towards those who purchased Cities: Skylines and made it a huge seller. I do know a few things about marketing strategy, and one that contributes greatly to diminish sustained interest in a game is a lack of information from the developer. If there's no information there's no direction and enthusiasm withers. Colossal Order needs to enumerate some goals, say about five general concepts in regards to what they're working on, and approximate delivery time; not just say "we'll be working on a new tool, and it's huge, so it's going to take a little longer this time." Come on guys, not for a game with such a large installed base, these are not the minor leagues. In any case, I sincerely wish Colossal Order (and publisher Paradox Interactive) the best of luck, even if they continue to operate in this low-key manner.

Last edited:
It really doesn't have anything to do with patience, but rather with the way information about a highly successful game is being disseminated. Believe it or not, I've been defending this game and company against a high number of unfair reviewers and disgruntled customers expecting perfection. However, Colossal Order may be small, but they're no longer a few guys with a small budget "working out of a garage". Although no one was forced to purchase the product or made any set of promises to about what to expect in the future, with success also comes a little more responsibility towards those who purchased Cities: Skylines and made it a huge seller. I do know a few things about marketing strategy, and one that contributes greatly to diminish sustained interest in a game is a lack of information from the developer. If there's no information there's no direction and enthusiasm withers. Colossal Order needs to enumerate some goals, say about five general concepts in regards to what they're working on, and approximate delivery time; not just say "we'll be working on a new tool, and it's huge, so it's going to take a little longer this time." Come on guys, not for a game with such a large installed base, these are not the minor leagues. In any case, I sincerely wish Colossal Order (and publisher Paradox Interactive) the best of luck, even if they continue to operate in this low-key manner.

Thank you for the feedback! Sharing information is something we do when we and Paradox are ready for it. I would love to tell everyone what we are doing all the time, but I have learned to be careful on the promises made as game development is a fickle thing and plans might change on the way due to multiple of reasons. So I do understand the need and curiousness for new information, but we will all just have give the team time to work and I can guarantee that we will let you guys know the minute we have something more substantial to tell you! The main point is that we are in a good place having a great active community and continued interest for more improvements and content that allows us to keep working on this great game.

Also, luckily we have never worked from a garage, even if our offices have never been new or fancy :D

Reactions: