• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, time flies and the first month of 2018 is almost over! I have been meaning to write an update what is happening at Colossal Order but have been too busy to get to it [add lame excuses here]... After receiving concerned feedback from fans if we are even alive I decided to take the time to write how 2018 started for us and how the year looks! As usual our publisher will kill me if I reveal anything I shouldn't so you will just have to wait for them to announce stuff when they are ready for it ;)

The Christmas break ended for us on the 2nd of January and everyone got back to the office well rested and eager to continue the work on Cities: Skylines. Last autumn was quite rough with the office move and staying on top of the development of Cities: Skylines at the same time. But it definitely was worth the trouble as the team has been really happy with the new office environment!

To get inspired for future development we have been collecting a lot of feedback from the forums, social media and the closed modding beta. I'm really hoping you will like the next thing we are working on for the game! As usual that's pretty much all I can say at this point. However please keep the feedback and suggestions coming as 2018 will still be all about Cities: Skylines over here at Colossal!

We want to continue delivering content and features you desire so we have hired new personnel to the team to do so. A new animator joined the art team and two new game testers will make sure we can have better quality content delivered. They will also read bug reports and feedback from the forums and log it into our internal bugtracking system. As the company grows bigger we also are getting help from a new 2D artist/office manager. Her job is to make sure our team is well hydrated and gets to eat cake often enough <3 She is also going to produce a ton of Chirper images, I hope :D

This means Colossal Order is now 23 people strong. Do you remember that when Cities: Skylines was released we were only 13 people? It was almost three years ago! We have now new offices, new team members, but same Colossal spirit. It's also truly amazing to see how invested you fans of the game are and we are super motivated to keep working on Cities: Skylines. So big thanks to everyone from the team and I :)
And Happy New Year everyone <3

Cheers,
Mariina

still waiting for more contents! :)

I agree so many little things could be added, and have certainly been evoked before, like bridges, more special buildings like some other libraries or government facilities, a mayor house, a real large city hall, a middle-size train station, an in-game elevated train station, an underground depot, a tree brush, easier access to stats, control over price of public transport, more details and control on the budget. Little things that may be lots of work for the programmers...Anyway, I am Really looking forward to what CO will release next!

more content is always nice, sure. I, however, would love to see some serious performance optimization updates, if possible. Without a top of the line new PC a lot of performance issues start clouding the gameplay experience from around 70-100K population upwards, which is reached pretty easily. And as it is a sandbox game, I would love to stick to my city as long as possible and not having to frequently start all over again :/

Actually they already tried adding seasons with Snowfall and it was deemed not feasible. This game is already overloaded and adding seasons would require everyone to have a highend gaming rig to play. so no, it isn't coming this round. Maybe CS:2

That's why all the neg. feedback. It's just disheartening to hear it brought up and know it isn't going to happen. So don't take it personally.

Thanks.
I'm not taking it personally, so don't worry :)

I do find it interesting though, that suggesting a feature wish that will make the game amazing, will get "disagreements" (i.e. people don't agree it's a good idea) just because developers said it's "impossible". Don't quite understand the logic of that :)

FYI; It's only impossible until it's possible. SimCity said offline mode was "impossible" as well ... until they released it. Just sayin' :)
I'm a developer myself, anything's possible. It's just a matter of how much time (i.e. money!) it takes to do it.

I do find it interesting though, that suggesting a feature wish that will make the game amazing, will get "disagreements" (i.e. people don't agree it's a good idea) just because developers said it's "impossible". Don't quite understand the logic of that :)

The yea/nay system is a little limited. It would be better in most cases, especially in the case of disagree, if people would explain why.

Other problems with it are sometimes you get a post that says:
1. Water is wet. Fire is hot.
2. The sky is green.

You're reading and thinking #1, yeah, agree.
Then you read the rest, and you're thinking, #2, uhh, NO. No it isn't.
The Agree and Disagree buttons are suddenly useless.

I have stated FACTS and had people say "disagree".
(Someone else just mentioned that recently.)

Long posts can make it unclear what the agree or disagree was about. One part? The whole thing?

If people are disagreeing about a feature, it could be:
- They want it too, but know it isn't going to happen and are kind of upset about it (e.g. seasons)
- They don't want it, they think it is a dumb idea (e.g. multiplayer)
;):p

It is what it is.

Dear developers, add the following to the game:
1. Trolleybuses
2. Ability to change the configuration of the railway passenger platforms (for example: reduce or increase the number of paths with platforms, change the size of the platform from large to small)
3. Metro transplantation on 2-3 and 4 lines.
4. Adjust traffic lights (traffic lights work according to the player's time).
5. Outpatient clinic without first aid. People from nearby houses could themselves come to the treatment. Now in the game, ambulances are hammering traffic. And when there is a lot of impression that the whole city is sick, tcho is not very interesting.

Of the above, there are the modes of the players, but they are not always updated and are not always correct in the game. Typically, your work eliminates many problems and adds a gameplay.

2 & 3 are good ideas, the rest i don't care for.

1 Trolleybuses are basically too similar to buses and trams which are already in the game, so what would be the point in a third method of transport that is basically the same as two that are already available?
you can do 4 with the TMPE mod
5 don't allow your citizens to get sick and there is no ambulance traffic.

My request to CO is to fix the performance problems with High Sierra on the Mac.

CO can't fix that. That is Unity's problem. Although, CO won't release the newest Unity patches until the next DLC is released.

PDXCON is around the corner, so cross your fingers.

The yea/nay system is a little limited. It would be better in most cases, especially in the case of disagree, if people would explain why.

Other problems with it are sometimes you get a post that says:
1. Water is wet. Fire is hot.
2. The sky is green.

You're reading and thinking #1, yeah, agree.
Then you read the rest, and you're thinking, #2, uhh, NO. No it isn't.
The Agree and Disagree buttons are suddenly useless.

I have stated FACTS and had people say "disagree".
(Someone else just mentioned that recently.)

Long posts can make it unclear what the agree or disagree was about. One part? The whole thing?

If people are disagreeing about a feature, it could be:
- They want it too, but know it isn't going to happen and are kind of upset about it (e.g. seasons)
- They don't want it, they think it is a dumb idea (e.g. multiplayer)
;):p

It is what it is.

Very interesting analysis. I agree with everything you said.

If I could ask for anything it would be Corperations and Lobbyists... they’ve done Entertainment, “Seasonal”, Destruction and Recovery, Polution management DLCs. I’d love to see a DLC that was along the lines of... you’ve reached Boomtown, Your first corporate body has moved in with a regional office, they want X and will give you Y. Then as you progress you have three more Corperations move into town, each one wants a different thing. Finally you’re indebted to the Mafia and pouring sewerage into a housing district that is littered with “Box Co.” Billboards and a group of Oil Lobbists breathing down your neck for a new industrial district that is taxed 5% and has Twelve bus stops!

If I could ask for anything it would be Corperations and Lobbyists... they’ve done Entertainment, “Seasonal”, Destruction and Recovery, Polution management DLCs. I’d love to see a DLC that was along the lines of... you’ve reached Boomtown, Your first corporate body has moved in with a regional office, they want X and will give you Y. Then as you progress you have three more Corperations move into town, each one wants a different thing. Finally you’re indebted to the Mafia and pouring sewerage into a housing district that is littered with “Box Co.” Billboards and a group of Oil Lobbists breathing down your neck for a new industrial district that is taxed 5% and has Twelve bus stops!

I realize you might be joking, but I don't think that kind of corruption can be represented in this game. Government corruption occurs when officials put their own benefit above the responsibilities of their office. However, when I play Skylines, I don't really exist outside of running the city. Any money they give me would just go in the city treasury. If it isn't actually a good deal for the city, I have no incentive to accept a shady deal.

Thanks.
I'm not taking it personally, so don't worry :)

FYI; It's only impossible until it's possible. SimCity said offline mode was "impossible" as well ... until they released it. Just sayin' :)
I'm a developer myself, anything's possible. It's just a matter of how much time (i.e. money!) it takes to do it.

Chances are they are saying "no" that seasons wont happen.

Although here is something that CO might be able to do..

Add a seasonal setting pre-launch.

That way I can make cities that are wintery or set in summer or what have you. Also make it so that it is a setting pre-launch for save games also. Which would allow me to see my city in different settings. No need for calculations there other than generation which the program is already running.

L
I realize you might be joking, but I don't think that kind of corruption can be represented in this game. Government corruption occurs when officials put their own benefit above the responsibilities of their office. However, when I play Skylines, I don't really exist outside of running the city. Any money they give me would just go in the city treasury. If it isn't actually a good deal for the city, I have no incentive to accept a shady deal.

The lobbist and mafia part very much a joke but I wouldn’t mind seeing Corperate interests being included. Like legit have the ability to have happier people in an area or corperate sponsered universities that are cheaper but less effective.

I want a DLC about random events, such as car accidents on major thoroughfares that causes traffic congestion, detailed crime activities such as bank robbery that causes road closure, and riots if services are in poor coverage.

If possible, I also want the U-Drive-It from SC4 to be added into Cities: Skylines as well.

Plus, more natural and un-natural disasters such as giant monsters, aliens, volcanos, hurricane/typhoon, and flooding.

I would like to see the latest Unity installed as the current version requires massive compute power. My 32-core, 3.6GHz, 64GB DDR3, GTX980Ti is brought to its' knees with this game on 9 tiles. No wonder the will not increase the limits, you will literally need a super computer to operate this game then.