• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK3 Dev Diary #91: Update 1.5.1.1

Howdy all!

Surprise! Update 1.5.1.1 is ready ahead of time and ready for you all to download and start enjoying immediately. This came ahead of schedule and we just couldn't wait for everyone to see it.

The biggest thing we would like to add at this time is a huge and hearty thank you for your patience and understanding while we were working to gather all the feedback and suggestions that were provided by the Community. Your reports helped identify the areas that we needed to address and give our attention to for this Update. Most of the reported issues from this Update were things reported by the Community, which is super helpful for us and the Dev Team in tracking your wants and needs as a Community

So, without much further ado, here is the Change Log for Update 1.5.1.1

###################
# Game Balance
###################
- Vassals can no longer join factions if they have a Truce with their liege

###################
# Localization
###################
- Fixed missing text and tooltips for Cultural Traditions and Cultural Aesthetics in Spanish
- Fixed county title macros in Korean
- Fixed missing translations for the south Asian event pool
- Fixed inspired person text not being translated in Korean

###################
# User Modding
###################
- Fixed a crash in the map editor
- Tree mask assets should now be visible again in the map editor

###################
# Other fixes
###################
- Fix law tooltips in tooltips not showing up correctly
- Fixed an issue that caused the Coat of Arms designer to repeat the same patterns if players were scrolling up and down the list
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to sometimes incorrectly display your custom Coat of Arms for other dynasties
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when the AI was forming a new hybrid culture
- Fix text offset for icons in law tooltip
- Fixed Aslaug, daughter of Ivar the Boneless, being married instead of betrothed at age 1
- Fixed CTD happening on loading a save after rejecting a culture conversion request.
- Holy Orders can no longer raise themselves in wars without a hostile faith participant, even if they are somehow allied in the war
- Renaming event description now targets other characters properly
- Fixed Ivars sons being older than himself in the bookmark screen
- Fixed missing key for culture conversion interaction
- Added correct naming of new eye socket types in the Customize Appearance menu
- Fixed the Train Commanders task not consistently improving Knights/Commanders and also not boosting the strength of new Men-at-Arms types
- Map pin portrait no longer freezes animation of all the other portraits of the same character
- Relaxed Turkish Eagle achievement culture criteria to not require branching directly from Turkish or Greek anymore. It is enough if these two cultures exist somewhere in the parentage of your new culture
- Trade ports should now be clearer on why they cannot be built when you lack the right cultural tradition or innovation
- Turkish Eagle achievement should now fire again for new saves
- Adjusted triggers and localisation for 'Establish the Theravada Faith' decision and event chain
- Fixed some unnatural looking shadows in certain court room setups

• 74Like
  • 7Love
  • 3Haha
Reactions:

Thanks for the update. Now IU can finally go to rest.

• 7Like
Reactions:

Thanks. But, When will Koreans stop seeing numbers before faith? Also, there are still unresolved translation problems. There are still things that have become bug reports since 1.5.0.1. Please fixed those parts, too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the update.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the fixes!

Reactions:

i am so desperate for the bastard trait on bastard founders issue to be fixed that i literally went and fixed it myself. i have fixed and uploaded the relevant history files to the bug report thread i made that has had zero attention or acknowledgement. i realise its not exactly kosher to paste this sort of thing into a dev diary thread but if someone doesnt end my misery soon im going to explode

apologies if my tone comes off a little standoffish, i do appreciate the bugfixes listed here, but in my defense: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 7Like
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
I personally reported this one, so big thumbs up

- Fixed the Train Commanders task not consistently improving Knights/Commanders and also not boosting the strength of new Men-at-Arms types
There goes half the subreddit traffic :D

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
- Turkish Eagle achievement should now fire again for new saves
Does this mean only for totally new games, or can I load/save from a previous patch? I formed Rum and a hybrid culture on the last patch before realizing the achievement was bugged, would prefer not having to start over. I couldn't get it to fire on my first try but not sure if I need to do something to force the check.

Does this mean only for totally new games, or can I load/save from a previous patch? I formed Rum and a hybrid culture on the last patch before realizing the achievement was bugged, would prefer not having to start over. I couldn't get it to fire on my first try but not sure if I need to do something to force the check.
Only in new games :)
The bug was in detecting if your starting character qualified for the achievement

Reactions:
I tested the Train Royal Guards side effects - still not working.

Does this require a new game?

EDIT: When I made a thread to report Train Royal Guard side effects not working, my thread was labeled a "duplicate" and I was redirected to the "Train Commanders is broken" thread; which is a separate issue, and a few posters on the big fix forum agreed that it was a separate issue. Eventually a CM/mod agreed (or at least implied) that it indeed was a separate issue, but never did anything about it being a separate issue.

So we have a new feature of Royal Court still being broken 6 weeks after launch - which hotfixes are still skipping over like the issue doesn't exist.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I personally reported this one, so big thumbs up

There goes half the subreddit traffic :D

I wish you were correct. However, all that was changed is listed in post #43 which means the majority of issues are still issues.

Which I'm kind of awestruck by, if I'm being honest.

Reactions: