• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone!

I know you are all eager to learn more about the Royal Court, but as we announced last week, we will go into more details once the Azure patch is released. If everything goes according to plan, and there are no unexpected events, we aim to release Azure next week! But let’s focus on today's small dev diary for now!

During the development of Crusader Kings III, we organized a community challenge where you could unlock unique cosmetics for the game, which we dubbed the Monarch’s Journey. With the 1.4.0 Azure patch, we’ve decided to make these cosmetics available for everyone!

It includes:
  • Headgear:
    • Hennin
    • Chaperon
    • Jester's Hat
  • Haircuts:
    • Miller
    • Miller Highlights
    • Jeanne d'Arc
    • Pageboy
    • Mullet
  • And the Wizard's Beard!
In order to celebrate this, we’ve also hooked some of these assets in to be used by random characters. For instance, Scots will be able to randomly use the Mullet haircut, while Frankish women will be able to use the Jeanne d’Arc haircut.

1.jpg

[A classy French woman with a Jeanne d’Arc haircut]

t3BtwD4oQ0zJCvxyK2KHOtw4Dwk6pVvjpU530WSuEyNk55-SjWcjExtyhDE1nt7DgGkQ_N5-BvyVdlE2ljIkattcQVF-PDauZERoMP3xTBm_7Asce0lE12AzY3Z8brOGu5zGWn1i

[A charming Scot with a Mullet]

And because fashion changed over time, the Chaperon and Hennin will be available in the western world only after 1300.

3.jpg

[A wonderful Chaperon]

pAP7DzFVQd9YEXx7KWPVSBaFNlMuzCp0hhBeOMD2bq-gk4o8uR-lBo5nd21TPuKmMmEWOqH6XJcP5QdPVr_wHYms_0UAoO2MJg1kyiJZtilktTwc4mMF-aWulNBspWIBxVnmVPIi

[A magnificent Hennin]

In addition to that, we fixed several visual bugs highlighted by you:
  • Spouses of rulers will now once again wear clothes based on their spouse's culture
  • Arabic High Nobility will now use the Scholar's Turban and Caliphs will use the Caliphal Robes
  • The 'Spindly' Trait will not make people's limbs too thin anymore

On the AI side, we reworked how vassals handle holy war and added constraints on Feudal and Clans rulers to limit their aggression of Tribal rulers. These modifications still allow the Byzantine empire to expand but in a more elegant way. Let’s have a look at a few results from Observe mode!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

And this is it for today! As mentioned at the beginning of this dev diary, we should be back next week with the changelog for the patch if everything goes well!

Until then, I wish you the best and, hopefully, have fun!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    379,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Check @Belonogy 's activity - he has gone into all my comments on posts and marked them as "respectfully disagree". Not only here but on other threads, several months old.

Not only mine but also other people's who disagreed with his benevolent views on why he thinks giving everyone a hanfdul of cosmetics that he unlocked almost a year ago is a terrible idea. Even though he has a ratio of 1 to 25 likes and dislikes, doesn't take a clue on people genuinly not agreeing with him, hates the feeling and blindly dislikes every post of who doesn't agree with him.

This attitude is sad, but common online. And only shows how a few toxic people can ruin the experience of a otherwise positive community.

• 7Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Check @Belonogy 's activity - he has gone into all my comments on posts and marked them as "respectfully disagree". Not only here but on other threads, several months old.

Not only mine but also other people's who disagreed with his benevolent views on why he thinks giving everyone a hanfdul of cosmetics that he unlocked almost a year ago is a terrible idea. Even though he has a ratio of 1 to 25 likes and dislikes, doesn't take a clue on people genuinly not agreeing with him, hates the feeling and blindly dislikes every post of who doesn't agree with him.

This attitude is sad, but common online. And only shows how a few toxic people can ruin the experience of a otherwise positive community.
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, my precious karma!

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Do you guys think that all the content of the patch is now revealed or can we expect some more things at the release or another dev diary maybe ?
Well, the changelog will come next week so we will not know everything coming with Azure until then. Some other notable changes will come for sure, that has yet to be mentioned.

But in the realm of "content" as in new events, mechanics or graphics, ofc they've announced everything, what a silly question.

• 1Like
Reactions:
do not insult me, I did not call you toxic, although it was you who disliked all my comments
There is a difference between disliking someone's objectively ridiculous comments in a thread and stalking someone around the forums and downvoting all their posts. If you don't like being called toxic, don't do toxic things.

Reactions:
Can we please get some kind of answer or response about the CoA designer? I noticed how the question was asked and ignored, but the Dev felt it necessary to comment on the debug tools on the picture.

Reactions:
Why is my behavior toxic? By buying all games and add-ons at full price, following the terms of the contests in good faith, and getting rewards? Why are you getting my awards just like that? I am forced to introduce a second package of sanctions in view of your insults
Paradox has been very transparent about the Monarch's Journey rewards from the beginning. It has been stated that it would be available to get later during CK3. Your reward was to get it early, and that's enough. If you cannot fathom the idea that sales and discounts exist, and some DLC might become free at some point, you should wait for that yourself instead of buying it at a full price.

• 11Like
Reactions:
Do you guys think that all the content of the patch is now revealed or can we expect some more things at the release or another dev diary maybe ?
The patches always have a lot of stuff no one was aware of before seeing the changelog. But the major items should already be revealed. You can probably expect a changelog that is very long.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Another reason to release the Monarch's Journey is to pay proper respects to the devs who made the content. It would be a shame if the cosmetics they worked hard on just ended up being used by a couple people who happened to have time to play the challenges, and no-one else ever got to appreciate them.
Are you a communist?
I mean, maybe? Not in the traditional sense though.

• 4Like
Reactions:
The AI needs a much higher priority for conquering de jure territory, even if its opponent is strong. There should never be a one-county enclave right next to Constantinople.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When I made that initial joke about the Monarch’s Journey cosmetics at the start of the thread, I never imagined anyone would be all like “This. But unironically”. People are weird.

I for one enjoyed the Monarch’s journey, enjoyed giving all my female rulers the exclusive Joan of Arc haircut for the last nine months and now am glad everyone else gets to enjoy them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
When I made that initial joke about the Monarch’s Journey cosmetics at the start of the thread, I never imagined anyone would be all like “This. But unironically”. People are weird.

Some Petty Kings want to be the only ones to wear a crown ;)

• 12Haha
Reactions:
Soooo good that now cosmetics content is free for everybody. 9 months exclusivity after release was good reward for playing CK2 and doing achievements. This concept of rewarding achievements with cosmetics is the best, love to see it come back if possible.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Interesting. I don't think I've seen the AI swear fealty to me at any stage (even when ridiculously overwhelmingly powerful and surrounding the prospective vassal).

I've had a few inheritances (Duke so-and-so has inherited the county of I-don't-really-care) that have brought land in (and a war), but never seen or noticed direct swearing of fealty.

• 1Like
Reactions: