• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Patch 1.2 ‘Argent’ has been out for a while now, and we hope you’re enjoying it! It’s so much fun to see what fascinating creations you all create in the Ruler Designer!

To round off the year, we’re planning to release a small patch early next week. Originally we wanted to release it this week, but some more issues were found that we wanted to address - such is the nature of software development! :)

The patch will address a number of bugs and issues, listed below:

- You can now hold the Control-key when raising armies to not have them be split based on supply when you raise them
- Fixed the Ruler Designer crashing when using the arrow keys to move sliders on machines with limited RAM
- Fixed some characters not having access to Cultural Names when naming children because their Religion didn’t have any Religious names defined
- Fixed a crash that could happen when randomizing Dynasty Names for certain cultures in the Ruler Designer
- Fixed the Legacies button being hidden beyond the screen if both Dynasty and House modifiers are present
- Fixed the AI not always supporting the player correctly when handling massive armies
- Fixed not being able to build certain buildings when playing the game in spanish, esto ahora está arreglado
- Fixed siege sounds sometimes persisting after you close the siege window
- Removed the deprecated Nudity game rule, nudity is now toggled on/off in the settings menu, accessible in the same place as you toggle displaying graphical diseases
- The lifestyle/focus button is no longer visible on characters that cannot have a lifestyle set
- Kicking a player that is still inside the Ruler Designer will no longer block a multiplayer game from starting
- When you Ruler Design a character, you will no longer lose all non-De Jure vassals that ruler had
- Fixed not always having access to all hairstyles when Ruler Designing a character that is 18 years old or younger
- You now get less points from being extremely old when Ruler Designing a character
- Fixed the list of Faiths exceeding its limits when playing the game in a non-english language
- Criminal rulers no longer get a free pass on imprisoning without impunity
- Diplomacy perk modifiers are now added and subtracted properly (Sound Foundations and Friendly Counsel)
- Fixed losing Piety when imprisoning generic Criminals, now properly only applies when imprisoning your Head of Faith
- Fixed an issue with floating or sinking infant characters in the main menu, exorcism successful
- Fixed a memory leak in the GUI editor
- Fixed a memory leak for character portraits. This could have a significant effect in the Ruler Designer, and a lesser one during normal play
- Fixed achievements sometimes being shown as unavailable even though they were available

That's all for now! Have a great winter!

The Prison "Fix" should never have been broken in the first place. How much of an edge case is it to imprison your religious figure?

Come on, now.

It was an attempt to reign in imprisonment, and it was flawed like the Raise All fiasco.

Can we get some real test involved? The Raise All would've been caught in 2 seconds as a design fail. Same with imprisonment Piety costs... assuming it is like you say, a "bug", and not marketing speak for overzealous attempts to control unwanted user interactions.

Reactions:
The Prison "Fix" should never have been broken in the first place. How much of an edge case is it to imprison your religious figure?

Come on, now.

It was an attempt to reign in imprisonment, and it was flawed like the Raise All fiasco.

Can we get some real test involved? The Raise All would've been caught in 2 seconds as a design fail. Same with imprisonment Piety costs... assuming it is like you say, a "bug", and not marketing speak for overzealous attempts to control unwanted user interactions.
About the prison bug: agreed. So do Paradox. Which is presumably why they are releasing a hotfix for it. My guess is that they were trying to work on something else, deleted a { or } or changed some check somewhere, and ended up with that Piety bug. That's not necessarily something you'll easily catch on testing.

Reactions:
If you're working in that part of the code for imprisonment, shouldn't you test it? They say in the notes they were working on imprisonment and wanted to change player behaviors.

It's literally every interaction related to imprisonment.
So this Piety loss is a "bug"? Sure, maybe.

I mean, when they sold us this Raise All thing as a "feature", I take all of these marketing-speak patch notes with a hefty dose of salt.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
If you're working in that part of the code for imprisonment, shouldn't you test it? They say in the notes they were working on imprisonment and wanted to change player behaviors.

It's literally every interaction related to imprisonment.
So this Piety loss is a "bug"? Sure, maybe.

I mean, when they sold us this Raise All thing as a "feature", I take all of these marketing-speak patch notes with a hefty dose of salt.
Heh, I've never seen people marketing their products with bugs. :D

Reactions:
Agreed, but I'm not going to complain.

I´m not complaining. I simply don´t play they game until it´s fixed.

From my point of view it is a game braking bug. I cannot create focused armys anymore and this is a main activity in this game. I declare wars in waves, 1 wave 3-6 wars. Therefore I create 1 main army, 30 little armys etc., raising man at arms just to eliminate peasant revolts and enemy border armys. It is a mess to do it with the new patch, unplayable.

Edit: I put some research in it. So this BUG is well known from Paradox - Do they want to drive people away from the game? It seems so. Because the game is unplayable with big armys for month now.
... O.k., I complain.

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Nice patch , and diplomacy tree playable again. And seems like we need wait for 1.3 now

But pdx need do open beta test before realese games. 3 month already we are waiting for fixing key futures

Come on, now.

You're suggesting malice or ulterior motives because a bug was too elementary for your tastes, but it's not a helpful nor realistic way to imagine software, a complex constantly-changing system where the most seemingly harmless change can ricochet into a seemingly unrelated regression.

Frankly, Paradox makes it look too easy to build a simulation like EU/CK that is a compelling experience and not just a dumpster fire. ;)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The beginning of next week is a very vague period. Is there more accurate information?
Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. :)

• 7Haha
Reactions:
- When you Ruler Design a character, you will no longer lose all non-De Jure vassals that ruler had
Hi, I think I saw a related bug last weekend. I ruler designed a character who had a non-De Jure liege and was unable to modify my feudal contract. Will this issue be covered by this fix?

@rageair

Could you please fix bastards automatically being given royal titles? (Prince, Princess, etc.)

I don't remember this ever being an issue in CK II.

I couldn't cancel a temple holding from being constructed after I started its construction... Is this intended, or a bug?
Was it in your own county, or was someone else holding the county? As of the latest update we can no longer cancel buildings and upgrades in vassal-held counties.

Reactions:
- Criminal rulers no longer get a free pass on imprisoning without impunity
The triple negative in that confuses me.

Punity is the ability to be punished. Impunity means you lack the ability to be punished. "Without impunity" would mean that you can be punished (again). So saying that criminal rulers no longer get a free pass on that means they used to be able to be punished for imprisoning people but now they can't?

Am I reading that correctly?

Reactions:
The triple negative in that confuses me.

Punity is the ability to be punished. Impunity means you lack the ability to be punished. "Without impunity" would mean that you can be punished (again). So saying that criminal rulers no longer get a free pass on that means they used to be able to be punished for imprisoning people but now they can't?

Am I reading that correctly?

i read it like:
rulers who are known criminals used to have the ability to imprison other people without any consequence, but now that is no longer the case

Reactions:
i read it like:
rulers who are known criminals used to have the ability to imprison other people without any consequence, but now that is no longer the case
Yeah... That sentence was just a little bit more twisty than what I'm used to reading. The explanations make sense...