• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings from all of us in the CK3 team!

The game is finally released, and what a journey it has been! It’s truly humbling to see something that we’ve worked on for so long, and poured so much of our passion into, finally out in the wild. We’re overjoyed with the response we’ve gotten so far, it’s great that so many of you seem to enjoy the game. The amount of stories and experiences already being shared is nothing but mind-boggling, and lots of them are circulating throughout the team, putting many smiles upon our faces (especially all the memes!). We in the team wish to extend a grand ‘thank you’ to all of you for making this launch so fantastic.

In the near future we’ll be looking at collecting and addressing as many of your issues as we can. The upcoming patch (release date TBD) is a mix of improvements that didn't make it into the release (including some really fancy UI upgrades!), and bug fixes based on your feedback. Patch notes will be posted closer in time to when the patch will be released. If you have an issue, make sure to report it here so that it’s sure to be looked at!

In the next few weeks there will be no Dev Diaries, as we’ll focus our efforts on working with the feedback we’re getting from all of you. When something of interest happens, we’ll of course be back! Until then, please keep enjoying the game, sharing your stories, and shaping the world to your liking!

That's cool to know, but it's weird i have to hear this from my fellow forum users and there's no clear announcement of this on the forum.

where was it announced ? so i know to look there in the future
It's very weird. Apparently their Discord mentioned that it would be announced on a community stream, and those who watched it told us in another thread.

Paradox's corporate communications could use some work. :)

Reactions:
It's very weird. Apparently their Discord mentioned that it would be announced on a community stream, and those who watched it told us in another thread.

picard_riker_ficepalm.jpg

Reactions:

Streams have generally been the most consistent place to learn stuff for some years now ... if not always intentionally. :D

Though I also think in 2020 such miscommunications are far more understandable (if no less aggravating).

Reactions:
Streams have generally been the most consistent place to learn stuff for some years now ... if not always intentionally. :D

Though I also think in 2020 such miscommunications are far more understandable (if no less aggravating).
I don't know, man. You'd think that the official forum would be the place to learn about official releases, heh. :)

A few years back when I played Stellaris they used to post every update, whether dev diary or patch announcement or what not, both on the game's Steam newsfeed and the forums. The communication was excellent.

Looking at the Steam newsfeed for CK3 the most recent update is from six days ago, announcing that you can "Have a look at Part #5 of our #CK3 Livestream in Novgorod! ❄️"

Reactions:
I don't know, man. You'd think that the official forum would be the place to learn about official releases, heh. :)
Well yes, but I think the official forums are quickly becoming like real-world newspapers - used mostly by old fogeys out of touch with modern methods of communication :D

More seriously though I think probably some of Paradox's internal communication is probably not working all that well due to ancillary effects of covid.

Reactions:
Well yes, but I think the official forums are quickly becoming like real-world newspapers - used mostly by old fogeys out of touch with modern methods of communication :D

More seriously though I think probably some of Paradox's internal communication is probably not working all that well due to ancillary effects of covid.

Speaking as one of such old fogeys (ie: 30's), we're still paying customers, so that's in no way an excuse.
Also, not everyone is in the same timezone, or even LIKES streams as a newssource. (it's too SLOW for me, i can read faster than people talk)

Last edited:
Reactions:
All the more reason to use them, then - sell to the people who can actually afford your games, not the young punks who can't even afford a full price DLC without daddy's credit card. ;)

• 3Haha
Reactions:

A few years back when I played Stellaris they used to post every update, whether dev diary or patch announcement or what not, both on the game's Steam newsfeed and the forums. The communication was excellent.

Looking at the Steam newsfeed for CK3 the most recent update is from six days ago, announcing that you can "Have a look at Part #5 of our #CK3 Livestream in Novgorod! ❄"
I don't understand this either. Sure, forums are so 20th Century and most folks use social media to keep themselves "informed" but that's no excuse for not posting the same announcement here. Its not like they have to pay advertising space. just copy/paste the same content from whatever site you're posting on and paste it here too. And the large number of folks who read posts here are pretty hard core so why 'punish' them?

Reactions:
I don't understand this either. Sure, forums are so 20th Century and most folks use social media to keep themselves "informed" but that's no excuse for not posting the same announcement here. Its not like they have to pay advertising space. just copy/paste the same content from whatever site you're posting on and paste it here too. And the large number of folks who read posts here are pretty hard core so why 'punish' them?

But also; there's nothing on Steam. Meanwhile, over in Stellaris-land they have been pretty good with announcements on steam and other places.

I mean, putting official announcements on your OWN WEBSITE isn't too much to ask right ? Not even in the 21'st century ?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I seem to remember that we'd get patch notes for the patch next week sometime near the end of this week.

Am I just remembering that wrong?
The patch is coming next week. AFAIK that's all the info we have.

I seem to remember that we'd get patch notes for the patch next week sometime near the end of this week.

Am I just remembering that wrong?

I thought there was a post saying beginning of next week, but as we have never had an official notification thread on these boards, I have no idea. No doubt the casual players on Facecrap & Twatter have been informed.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I thought there was a post saying beginning of next week, but as we have never had an official notification thread on these boards, I have no idea. No doubt the casual players on Facecrap & Twatter have been informed.
I'm not sure. All I heard was next week, but someone might have gotten more details since then. I'm expecting the patch on Sunday next week shortly before midnight so prevent disappointment. :D

I'm not sure. All I heard was next week, but someone might have gotten more details since then. I'm expecting the patch on Sunday next week shortly before midnight so prevent disappointment. :D

I thought they mentioned the patch was probably later in the week, so presumed patch notes might be earlier. Like everyone else though completely confused as there is no official comments listed.

Yes I remember that, however I was talking specifically about the patch notes. I was under the impression (and I don't know from where) that they'd be available earlier than the patch itself.

Well they mentioned it in Multiplayer Server Notification and the 'Can you guys like patch the game' threads
During our Livestream, we announced that Patch 1.1 will be out some time next week!
It will address many of the issues & bugs that you have provided us with and many more tweaks & updates
I did read they would release the patch notes closer to the patch release so I'd expect it Monday or Tuesday or possibly as a Dev Dairy.

After more than six months of silence after releasing a DLC and leaving bucket loads of bugs in their game?

For a long long time they'd announce changes ahead of time, listing in detail what would get changed and fixed, and they did so from 2016 up to recently, a period that you might find relevantly overlapped with both the Covid outbreak and the 'last mile' for releasing CK3.

That is a stark contrast to the DEAFENING SILENCE we've been getting from Paradox on this game, a month in after an arguably disastrously buggy launch.

I'm not asking for daily updates (which given an average of 100 bug-posts per day is still a REASONABLE request), but a 2-weekly update on known bugs and incoming features would have been .. nice ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That is a stark contrast to the DEAFENING SILENCE we've been getting from Paradox on this game, a month in after an arguably disastrously buggy launch.
I am as aggravated by the lack of communication as anyone, but it's a bit out of touch to claim the launch was in any way a disaster. The game's got a 92% on Steam, a 91 on Metacritic, and it may very well be the bestselling PDS release to date. We happy few are, alas, but a handful of loud nerds on a forum.

Reactions: