• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #87 - Killing Spree

Greetings!

Today I’ll cover a minor feature of the upcoming Holy Fury expansion, the ‘Kill List’. The Kill List is, simply put, a list of everyone a character has killed and how they died. The list is accessed from a button in the character interface, in our example here we have a typical incarnation of Genghis Khan:
KillListDD_KillListButton.png

This button is visible on all characters, living or dead, and shows a list of all kills that are public knowledge (so you can’t see any secret kills a character might have). The list itself will open to the right of the character interface, and looks like this:
KillListDD_KillList.png

Now, while there aren’t many actual gameplay effects tied to this feature (save a few events) you might still feel inclined to become a murderous tyrant. If you so happen to kill more than 5 other characters, you will enter the Ledger - where the most depraved killers are listed at the top. For some reason, characters with a Reformed Pagan religion using the Bloodthirsty Gods doctrine tend to top the lists... more on that in the next Dev Diary!

KillListDD_KillListLedger.png

I asked this a bit late in last week's update on the UI, and didn't get a response, so I'll ask here if that's alright.

Could you add the ability to change your character's clothing in the same way as you can change your hairstyle using the barber tool?

It's only a small change, but it'd be nice to have.

What do you think about adding a feature to write some notes for characters? Sometimes it is really difficult to remember which one should be killed and the reason why. Usually, I use notepad with pen, but it would be greater to see that feature in the game.

I asked this a bit late in last week's update on the UI, and didn't get a response, so I'll ask here if that's alright.

Could you add the ability to change your character's clothing in the same way as you can change your hairstyle using the barber tool?

It's only a small change, but it'd be nice to have.
Would be awesome!
What do you think about adding a feature to write some notes for characters? Sometimes it is really difficult to remember which one should be killed and the reason why. Usually, I use notepad with pen, but it would be greater to see that feature in the game.
Would be awesome! x2

Doctrine?? What?

Reformed Pagans can now shape their faith after reforming. Similar to Protestants in EU4, but not sure if they can modify their religion later on.

@rageair could I tie this into custom death types for my personal combat mod? In that I have various ways of dispatching an enemy in personal combat, including magic and weapon attacks, so could I have the custom death linked to how this displays how that those characters died?

Can we at least see, for our own character, the secret kills we've made?

I kind of wouldn't mind having a bit of a browse and cackle at some of the hapless idiots I've successfully offed.