• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary #75 - Enter the Dragon

Hi everyone, I hope you’ve all had a great weekend!

The countdown has started and Jade Dragon will soon be available for download; this Thursday in fact!

By now, I think we’ve covered most aspects of the expansion pretty thoroughly, so I think I'm just going to post this beautiful new loading screen:

JadeDragon.png

Take care folks, and if you want one last sneak peak of the expansion before Thursday, make sure to tune in to the CK2 livestreams today, starting at 16:00 CET! Servancour will do a special quick run-through of the new features!

Nah better fix bit the Republic AI, also the bug with the family dues, and then move to new stuff.

The next expansion will cover something a lot of people have asked for.
Is it Justinian?
Seriously though, it's probably either inland republics, or a redo of Africa.
Probably a rework of crusades, people have been asking for it for a long time. Hopefully they can sneak in a rework of africa with it as well. Add to that slavic portraits and you will have a lot of happy players.

I am just gonna say it. CHINA! CHINA! CHINA!

Probably a rework of crusades, people have been asking for it for a long time. Hopefully they can sneak in a rework of africa with it as well. Add to that slavic portraits and you will have a lot of happy players.
Don't be absurd, people on the Internet will never be happy! If that were announced (and I personally would welcome it) you'd have threads popping up left and right about how this should not be a DLC feature, they paid for a game with crusader in the title, and now they demand a refund because otherwise they'll boycott a game they spent 6,000+ hours in - all of those hours would retroactively be completely ruined! ;)

But yeah, I hope it's what you're saying. And a rework of Elective to be a bit more clearer and engaging to the player, like council decisions post-Conclave.

The next expansion will cover something a lot of people have asked for.
To be honest, I am really hoping for some modders-only codes, which allow a woman to have multiple husbands…
(Just a code, such as max_husbands = 4)

Don't be absurd, people on the Internet will never be happy! If that were announced (and I personally would welcome it) you'd have threads popping up left and right about how this should not be a DLC feature, they paid for a game with crusader in the title, and now they demand a refund because otherwise they'll boycott a game they spent 6,000+ hours in - all of those hours would retroactively be completely ruined! ;)

But yeah, I hope it's what you're saying. And a rework of Elective to be a bit more clearer and engaging to the player, like council decisions post-Conclave.
Im an optimist, no matter how many times the internet prove my faith in humanity wrong = P

Just put that picture as my desktop background

HRE internal Overhaul (Especially the difference between the Holy Roman Emperor and King of The Germans and the conflicts between the Emperors and Popes), Crusades where random blobbing isn't given to the 'highest' contributor, monastic orders should have monasteries (alternative tile possession to hospital), and cadet dynasties.

Gods, we need cadet dynasties. The House of Valois resents their lack of true relation to the Capetians in this game....