• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary#28: Easing Executions

It’s Monday again, and you know what that means: a Dev Diary! It’s time to start talking about new features in an upcoming DLC which I can’t name yet. For DDs we prefer to talk about things we’ve already implemented, but this <Mystery DLC> is still in the very early stages so you’re going to see some mockups which hopefully convey the idea of what we are going for without being an exact representation - don’t be surprised if the final result looks rather different though.

With that said, the basic idea is to give the Intrigue screen more room for Decisions and Prisoners. As well as that, a system of filters and a set of “do to all currently shown” buttons to Release/Ransom/Execute multiple characters at once:
intrigue_update_1_prisoners.jpg

Ideally we’ll also have a lock button on characters so they can be excluded from mass actions, and radio buttons would likely be better than our traditional dropdown lists.

That’s it for now, I did warn you I would make some short DDs sometimes!

Reactions:
...............With that said, the basic idea is to give the Intrigue screen more room for Decisions and Prisoners. As well as that, a system of filters and a set of “do to all currently shown” buttons to Release/Ransom/Execute multiple characters at once.............

PLEASE don't forget about the players on laptop resolutions (1366x768). It seems like the devs sometimes does not cater GUI changes/improvements for 1366x768 players :(, which led to the GUI being displaced or unworkable for us.

Of course, this generally gets fixed for us eventually, but it would be great if the GUI can work properly right when the changes are first rolled out :(

One thing I'd like to see is an option to endorse discovered plots. Like if i find out my son is trying to kill some dude I hate, I should be able to give him the ok, instead of just having the imprison alert for all time.

Reactions:
I don't know if anybody already suggested this for the next patch but I would welcome a province interaction like "give this title to" or a search function when handing out counties.
I was doing a nomad WC and giving out counties to a specific khan was a huge pain when you have a demesne/title list of more than 150 counties/duchies/kingdoms.

I may actually start executing people now it is easier to do so. It just took way too long to be worth while.

I execute every Raider I catch.

I don't know if anybody already suggested this for the next patch but I would welcome a province interaction like "give this title to" or a search function when handing out counties.
I was doing a nomad WC and giving out counties to a specific khan was a huge pain when you have a demesne/title list of more than 150 counties/duchies/kingdoms.

This has been suggested: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ty-of-life-improvements.975676/#post-22027298

I too, very well, hope that a feature such as that of which you described, is implemented. Playing Nomad can get just a bit too tedious atm :(