• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary# 22: Quarantining the bugs

Hello all, it’s time for another CK2 development diary. We’re still working on making 2.6.2, and while of course there’s some bugfixing going on, for the most part we’re just adding bonus content. Which is fun!

We are working in a strict priority order, so naturally the first thing to be added was more pet events:
catdog1.png

With the vital stuff out of the way, we moved on to more of The Reaper’s Due’s core focus, mortality and death:
yay bodies.png

We’ve also added some new game rules, such as making regular illnesses less common if desired, keeping prisoners in jail after torture, or disabling titles being named after dynasties or changing due to the culture of the holder.

There’s not much else to show at the moment, but there’ll be more next week. For something else to talk about now, I can reveal some of the new statistics data we’ve been getting about RD and the gamerules.

Of the 50,000 players in the last 24 hours:
90-95% of RD players are using the new Death sounds and have ingame sound on.
96% of players allow the AI to use the Intrigue focus.
92.6% of players allow the AI to use the Seduction focus.
93% of players have kept assassination plot only.
84% of players have Defensive pacts on.
76.3% of players have Shattered Retreat on.

Right now I can only see the numbers for default settings or not, but that will change as our stats people make newer and fancier graphs, and these seem like the most interesting stats for now. Next week, more new 2.6.2 content news!

Reactions:
WOW..

Playing chess with the Death? What will influence the outcome? And more improtatnt there other ways of avoiding it?

Because I inderstand that this event is for Chessmaster, what about Duelists or Gardeners?

Reactions:
I hope the would-be assassin has a small chance to actually accept the challenge to play chess. It also reminds me of that Croatian myth that Duke Domagoj saved himself from Venetian captivity by challenging and beating the Doge at chess... so I always welcome more problems that can be solved via chess ;)

Reactions:
New content is always good to have !

For the stats, does it only take into account those who have purchased RD, those who have the game in 2.6.1, or everyone (even those still on 2.5 version) ?

Reactions:
You should remove all games played for less than an hour from those statistics I have started several games with the standard options just because I wanted to check something.

Reactions:
We are working in a strict priority order, so naturally the first thing to be added was more pet events:

I would humbly suggest a CK2 / Pokemon GO crossover to add more pet variations with an added bonus for the current character to became immortal if he/she can collect them all :p .

Reactions:
I would humbly suggest an CK2 / Pokemon GO crossover to add more pet variations with an added bonus for the current character to became immortal if he/she can collect them all :p .
Thank you! You reminded me I was going to suggest they do a AR game on their world of darkness IP.

We need a Dr Faust achievement.
When did Faust become a doctor?

This is going to be great for the converter.
The converter should be able to deal with that stuff even with it on. I mean how hard is it to figure out that k_egypt should be the tag egypt even if it's called using a string Fatmid Sultante?

Reactions:
Thanks for the diary, hope you focus on the bugs, additional content is always welcome but polish is what really matters IMHO. Also can we see more stats? Like all the other options, it would be fascinating.

Reactions:
Any events for people finding it weird/magical that their ruler is 368 years old?

Also, I hope there's an option to stab Death in the eye as soon as s/he sits at the table.

Reactions: