• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK2 Dev Diary# 22: Quarantining the bugs

Hello all, it’s time for another CK2 development diary. We’re still working on making 2.6.2, and while of course there’s some bugfixing going on, for the most part we’re just adding bonus content. Which is fun!

We are working in a strict priority order, so naturally the first thing to be added was more pet events:
catdog1.png

With the vital stuff out of the way, we moved on to more of The Reaper’s Due’s core focus, mortality and death:
yay bodies.png

We’ve also added some new game rules, such as making regular illnesses less common if desired, keeping prisoners in jail after torture, or disabling titles being named after dynasties or changing due to the culture of the holder.

There’s not much else to show at the moment, but there’ll be more next week. For something else to talk about now, I can reveal some of the new statistics data we’ve been getting about RD and the gamerules.

Of the 50,000 players in the last 24 hours:
90-95% of RD players are using the new Death sounds and have ingame sound on.
96% of players allow the AI to use the Intrigue focus.
92.6% of players allow the AI to use the Seduction focus.
93% of players have kept assassination plot only.
84% of players have Defensive pacts on.
76.3% of players have Shattered Retreat on.

Right now I can only see the numbers for default settings or not, but that will change as our stats people make newer and fancier graphs, and these seem like the most interesting stats for now. Next week, more new 2.6.2 content news!

Reactions:
Out of curiosity, how many players are using mods (if you can see that and are allowed to share)?

@Darkrenown

Since you have even commented on whether or nor a hilarious button should be added, I guess it's not asking much for an answer on my previous question (...)
Hey, but that was important! :p (seriously, though - there are many instances in which "Agree" of "Helpful" aren't enough)

You should remove all games played for less than an hour from those statistics I have started several games with the standard options just because I wanted to check something.

If that's true, then I'm especially guilty of eschewing those numbers, as I do a lot of modding and have quickly started several fresh default world map settings multiple times.

Reactions:
More pets seems like a good thing to spend resources on lol. +1 for more pets and pet events!

Reactions:
If that's true, then I'm especially guilty of eschewing those numbers, as I do a lot of modding and have quickly started several fresh default world map settings multiple times.
Exactly, I mod too and started several dozen games before I even bothered to look at the settings.

Interesting stuff I can't wait! and interesting statistics... I guess I belong to the vast majority.

Are the devs aware of the few problems patricians are facing?

They cannot search for court physicians.
They cannot go into seclusion, even when their doge is in seclusion. They just have to weather the storm...and die...all of them...
And to me it looks like the removal of unneeded characters is effecting them pretty hard. Had a game as a venetian patrician where I had problems keeping my physician (invited a bunch of holy men to get one) before the game decided to kill him of ("natural death"). Fixed it by marrying them to old women of my dynasty so they become "important".

Oh, and I would like to see the mansion get some new upgrades or old upgrades reworked to effect the skill of your court physician. So he gets maybe +1 learning or something like this.

I did not read the entire thread, so if it was already mentioned, I am sorry and you should just ignore my post.

Reactions:
I'll take a look, depends exactly what's going on though.
And of course, can we add an invasion option for "pure random" so we can set both the Mongols and Aztecs and never be sure which, if either, or both, will attack and when?

Reactions:
I'm firmly convinced that, along with "Agree / disagree / helpful", we need a 4th button labelled "Hilarious", as that is exactly what I would have clicked right now (and it happened in many more instances already).

Really, could you poke some of the forum technicians, @Darkrenown, to see if that could be done?
I will try! :)
Thanks a lot in advance! ;)

They cannot go into seclusion, even when their doge is in seclusion. They just have to weather the storm...and die...all of them...
And to me it looks like the removal of unneeded characters is effecting them pretty hard. Had a game as a venetian patrician where I had problems keeping my physician (invited a bunch of holy men to get one) before the game decided to kill him of ("natural death"). Fixed it by marrying them to old women of my dynasty so they become "important".
The pruning does not affect the player's court, so no it did not affect your physician

Reactions:
@Darkrenown

Since you have even commented on whether or nor a hilarious button should be added, I guess it's not asking much for an answer on my previous question, which is:

Do you guys have plans to add anything to the game rules that will make empire management a little harder ? Options such as vassal limit changes, Pre-ROI factions system, factions firing when they actually have a chance to win a rebellion etc.

After all, as you can see, my concerns have also been mentioned by others in the Comprehensive Community Issue List: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...prehensive-community-issue-list.917246/unread

Thanks in advance.

There'll hopefully be some vassal/demesne limit rules, time permitting. Old factions system is unlikely. You;ll need to clarify what you mean about factions actually having a chance to win for me though.

Reactions:

Please explain these two.

Out of curiosity, how many players are using mods (if you can see that and are allowed to share)?

32% of players are using mods - this means all mod at all though, from basic UI tweaks to total conversions. Actually down a lot from pre-2.6 numbers, as a % anyway, probably from mods not being updated yet combined with less active players coming back to see new stuff.

Reactions:
Please explain these two.

32% of players are using mods - this means all mod at all though, from basic UI tweaks to total conversions. Actually down a lot from pre-2.6 numbers, as a % anyway, probably from mods not being updated yet combined with less active players coming back to see new stuff.
My guess is that these have playable only, and since patricians are technically barons, but I haven't tried that theory.

Reactions:
Do you still keep track on which mods that are used? I remember that you posted those two-three years ago.

Did the physicians die when your character died or just any time ?
Unimportant (and unmarried) characters in your court get killed, when your character dies.

The pruding mentioned in dev diaries recently, allegedly only hits AI courts.

Since many patches ago I also got the impression that random characters in my court get killed off by the game and are made to die easier and quicker than any other,
irrespective of my character dying, but no idea if true or perception error.
It is said it were a perception error, but i'm sceptical.
Sure i am..
cool.gif

Interesting data on what rules people play with. I couldn't play without shattered retreat, but I'm playing a test game without the coalitions. World conquest made easy, basically. I've switched off seduction and intrigue but will probably turn them both on again.

Last edited: