• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ck2 Dev Diary #21: A Glimmer of Hope

Greetings! If you are reading this you have survived the outbreak launch of The Reaper’s Due. Perhaps you now feel a stirring of hope; can society rebuild? But no, the DLC was too virulent and has spread too far, it is now endemic to CK2 and cannot be cured, there is no hope.

Certain death aside, we are very happy with the reception of Reaper’s Due and the reactions it’s getting. We have had a few problems, but our Code Physicians have been working hard on a cure and if all goes well we’ll be releasing a hotfix today. It’ll cover the education bug non-Conclave owners have, the lack of music when the Context sensitive option is used, and various other things:
Code:
##########################################################
########## 2.6.1.1 The Reaper's Due ###########
##########################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Fixes songs from the base game being disabled in contextual songs
- If the contextual song doesn't find a song to play, a song will now be chosen by ignoring the contextual song system
- Fixed children not getting their education trait upon becoming adults when you don't have Conclave
- Can no longer call ally into war against their own liege
- You can now get the achievement 'Papal Mache' by killing a Caliph, as implied by the description
- Epidemic diseases no longer stall if you are infected while you have a non-serious symptom
- The "desires a matrilineal marriage" AI modifier no longer happens when matrilineal marriages are disabled
- Horse doctors got a little better
- Incapable people no longer steal your food in seclusion
- characters will not accuse their liege during witch hunts since they have to approve them
- Vassals will no longer refuse their liege's marriage or betrothal offers to get a "better alliance"
- No longer will you get upset about your spouse/parent's grave getting robbed if you were the robber
- Removed the possibility to search for partial titles for performance reasons
- Eunuchs may only select the Groom an Heir ambition if they have a living child
- Fixed several cases of when a Christian Holy Order built a new castle, you would be notified that Beit Dejan was built, instead of the actual castle
- Court physicians now always ask their own liege for money.
- Generic reincarnation event requires your heir to be your child
- Added some more ai factors for when head of religion wants to blame Jews for the plague
- Fixed some broken text in reincarnation event
- The priest generated by event 3021 now has an education
- Murderers are now immune to prune (prevents the red skull from leading nowhere)
- Characters who are marked as special interest by the player, or immune to pruning are no longer killed by the court cleanser
- Fixed in issue with prisoners being able to complain to their liege that the chancellor was looking inappropriately at his wife
- Added the sayyid trait to al-Hadi (id 188648), son of Al-Mansur
- Crash fix that occurred in some mods using custom maps.
- Fixed an issue were you would be notified of eating your own close dynasty members
- Fixed 867 Sápmi setup
- Event WoL.6120 will now only trigger for adult characters
- Further reduced odds of under 16s getting cancer
- Rulers are now willing to negotiate non-aggression pacts with their vassals
- Fixed so infidel penalty is applied properly  for betrothal/marriage
- Modded game rules should now be loaded properly.
- Fixed so call ally alert no longer shows if it's a war against your ally's liege
- Fixed a crash when using custom maps

After this, we’ll be working on the 2.6.2 patch which will, as well as general fixing, add some more events and content we thought up too late to do for the release or that have been suggested on this and other forums post-release -and on that note, please continue to suggest new Game Rules. But 2.6.2 details are for future DDs, that’s all for now!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Some game rules about technology would be welcome.

Technology at game start: low/standard/high
Technology growth: slower/standard/faster
Technology growth for counts: yes/no

Reactions:
Force me to actually send forces to help ally!
Maybe having the penalty of refusing a call to arms if you haven't been part of at least one battle or siege?

Reactions:
Excellent, great to see that more events are being added. Very excited about that!

Reactions:
I enjoyed The Reaper Due, I feel it is one of the best expansion Paradox made. When I played the DLC, I always make sure have the deathly setting and more disease turn on. Now, I'm excited for future content.

Reactions:
Can you do something with the marriage AI? When the rulers stress about not finding a good match they pick lowborns of a different culture outside their culture group and sometimes of different religions. I've seen the christian King of France marry two Andalusian muslim lowborn women after another.

Reactions:
Duels: Rivals (with war focus)/Rivals, traitors and much disliked characters (w/o war focus)

I've just played my 500th hour of CK2 this week and during this time I only dueled 3 or 4 times :(

By the way, congratulations on patch and DLC! I'm loving it!

Reactions:
Loving 2.6, thank you again.

- Fixed several cases of when a Christian Holy Order built a new castle, you would be notified that Beit Dejan was built, instead of the actual castle
On a tangentially related note, would it be possible to get the top holding in Jerusalem renamed to something that isn't a crusader castle? It is rather disconcerting seeing Mirabel in 769. I first asked about this just over two years ago, with a number of more reasonable names it could be changed to, to no effect. Any chance you'd be willing to make the change, and shift Mirabel into the list of castles that Holy Orders can create in the holy land?

Reactions:
Well, to name one idea for enhancing game rules, it would be good if increased religious and cultural conversion was added to the Game Rules to complement the choice already present between default and slower, and Cultural Melting Pots made into a separate rule.

Reactions:
@Darkrenown :Can no longer call ally into war against their own liege

This is a bad change........

I just took advantage of it in my current save. I was Prince of France(and a SuperDuke) who lost the Election for King, but my wife was Queen of Navarra, Castile, Leon, Galicia, and Aragon. I started a claim war against the new king.....and called her in because it made sense.

With this rule that wouldn't be allowed to happen......

A Married couple with good relations and allies should be allowed to be called in.

Reactions:
I was expecting to see whether or not there would be an obvious improved in the speed of the game with the last update as you had promised. Tbh, i didn't have much expectations probably because the laptop i'm playing CK2 atm is fairly old. However, i take you off my hat, you did a splendid job with the game speed!

The DLC looks amazing, from the videos i see. A nice addition to the game i'd say. What i'd really like to see though is a new CK title (CK3) on an improved engine with many more capabilities both for the users who would like to mod the game and both for the devs so that they can deliver the needs and petitions of the community faster. Considering the hype the community has after the latest patch and DLC for the game, it's the best time to announce the development of a new CK title.

Reactions:
- Can no longer call ally into war against their own liege

I just took advantage of it in my current save. I was Prince of France(and a SuperDuke) who lost the Election for King, but my wife was Queen of Navarra, Castile, Leon, Galicia, and Aragon. I started a claim war against the new king.....and called her in because it made sense.

A Married couple with good relations and allies should be allowed to be called in.
Yeah, going to second that. It was rather frustrating when that was removed, quite a while ago, I think around the time the faction system was implemented. I understand that factions were meant to replace it, instead of the system where you could try to call all the other vassals to war, which is sensible, but if I've worked to form an alliance with one of my fellow vassals, why shouldn't I be able to call them to war?

Reactions:

I agree. However, I think there is more to it than just the option to join or not.
For example, I think your vassal ally could join against his liege if he is a faction leader, triggering a civil war in the process.
There should also be a strong "traitor" modifier.

Dynamic events along the lines of Charlemagne's spanish events could be interesting.

Reactions:

You will still be able to call your allies into wars like this, when you as the vassal start a war against your liege. The change we made only affects wars started by the third party. So if your ally declare a war against your liege, you cannot be called into that war.

Reactions: