• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello!

We have now released Great Works and we hope you are as pleased with the result as we are. We are aware that there are a few issues here and there (Who knew Chalkidike was uninhabited right up until the 8th century?), but we have fixed many of these issues internally and will continue to do so. Also if you find any issues make sure to report them on the bug forum.

We’re not quite ready to announce when it will be out, but we are currently working on a bug fix patch. There will also hopefully be a few fun updates as well. Let us know which issues are bothering you the most as it can help us prioritize.

Have a great weekend and thank you for your feedback so far.

CK2 Team

Are there any thoughts about tweaking the ownership of great works in the future (maybe so as to have a "co-owner", or something along those lines).

For fairness, I completely understand why only the top liege is considered the owner, and I understand why only the top liege is allowed to create g.works, but I've seen some cases (vassal kings in the HRE (including vassal-popes), dukes who control historical wonders & the rare but obscenely rich patrician who lives in their own minor republic outside of the capital (okay, that last one is my character)) where rulers who aren't the top liege would at least want to reap the benefits of a great work (if it's in their demesne), or update existing g.works (if on behalf of and with permission from their liege (who wouldn't have to pay for it him/herself)).

In my particular case I find it a little weird that I can build a g.harbor in Messina as the doge of Pisa, but once we get a new doge despite still being the ruler of Messina I can't touch it at all, despite being the family who commissioned it and who controls it - I can just look outside my window in the morning and cry to myself. (Again, I understand the game play reasons but at the least I'd like to pay the current doge off so I can finish what I started, even if it's now on his behalf (I have no interested in building something else with my obscene income).

---

This second thought is just my rambling (and probably would be too difficult to add in) but it would be amazing if the top liege get's more meaningful opinion modifiers with vassals because of the great work - typically a plus but if the top liege loots it, it creates a negative malus (or a casus belli, but again, that's maybe too much to ask). Envious/ambitious characters could become rivals w/ the top liege because they want that wonder for themselves, or in a regency the ruler of the county could take control over the wonder. There could be a great dynamic there, and great roleplay.

Are there any thoughts about tweaking the ownership of great works in the future (maybe so as to have a "co-owner", or something along those lines).

For fairness, I completely understand why only the top liege is considered the owner, and I understand why only the top liege is allowed to create g.works, but I've seen some cases (vassal kings in the HRE (including vassal-popes), dukes who control historical wonders & the rare but obscenely rich patrician who lives in their own minor republic outside of the capital (okay, that last one is my character)) where rulers who aren't the top liege would at least want to reap the benefits of a great work (if it's in their demesne), or update existing g.works (if on behalf of and with permission from their liege (who wouldn't have to pay for it him/herself)).

In my particular case I find it a little weird that I can build a g.harbor in Messina as the doge of Pisa, but once we get a new doge despite still being the ruler of Messina I can't touch it at all, despite being the family who commissioned it and who controls it - I can just look outside my window in the morning and cry to myself. (Again, I understand the game play reasons but at the least I'd like to pay the current doge off so I can finish what I started, even if it's now on his behalf (I have no interested in building something else with my obscene income).

---

This second thought is just my rambling (and probably would be too difficult to add in) but it would be amazing if the top liege get's more meaningful opinion modifiers with vassals because of the great work - typically a plus but if the top liege loots it, it creates a negative malus (or a casus belli, but again, that's maybe too much to ask). Envious/ambitious characters could become rivals w/ the top liege because they want that wonder for themselves, or in a regency the ruler of the county could take control over the wonder. There could be a great dynamic there, and great roleplay.

It should provide a nice CB as well He's got my GW CB should even override badboy points in some cases, such as holy sites. IMHO
STill I don't see Why my grand palace cant' have a fortress a magnificent garden all surrounded by a great wall, *sigh*