• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So!

Holy Fury is out with all of it’s glory this week!

I just want to say from all of the team that we have been super excited about this release for weeks now and to see the experiences from everyone playing it so far has been so much fun. We’re happy that everyone is enjoying our updates and the things we’ve been tinkering on for the last year.

This week we’ve kept ourselves busy with trying to listen in and gather the things you’re talking about. We’ve noticed a couple of issues that we’re addressing in an upcoming patch, and we are continuing to work on small improvements to make sure the game is in an even better state before going on our winter vacation.

We’re looking forward to hear about your adventures in Holy Fury this weekend! :)

Cheers,

Divine

The event checks graphical_culture, not culture, (norsegfx, saxongfx, celticgfx and cumangfx; all in the event I already mentioned), if you change the gfx used by those cultures, they will no longer spawn people with freckles.

You would like to look into the portrait layering system. I'm not the best person to ask about that but I do know that there's a bunch of knowledgeable people who mods that on a regular basis over at the user mod forums. :)
- big thanks for replies will dig more.:)

Amazing job on the patch and DLC, the game feels great! My only slight issue is that the outcome of a dual feels kind of random. I've had a character with about 60 personal combat lose to one in the negatives.
Maybe make large differences in combat skill matter more to the outcome? As a counter balance, your character could only earn duel experience from other characters with more similar personal combat.

I did spot a peculiar bug that haunted a few player's save game where a nomadic title created 700 copies of itself. This will cause big performance issues when it happens in those particular games and I do hope that we can find and fix that issue before the next patch.

Sounds historical to me.
*Mongols intensifies*

Great expansion, but it has a few bugs like a black coat of arms for dynasty & holdings.
We heard about this bug on release day. A funny thing where the game is trying to randomly generate a coat of arms with all of the different emblems. However it assumed that everyone had the PDXCon2018 dlc and if it then didn't find those textures it corrupted the whole COA. We didn't realize why this happened until it went from a rare occurrence in our tests and became a thing most people encountered due to most of our test accounts automatically having the PDXCon2018 dlc. It's fixed for the patch though. :)

Is there any on_action events to get bloodlines?

Currently an event spawned character won't get bloodlines correctly. For example, when a character with a lot of bloodlines becomes the Chinese Emperor (by a successful invasion), his daughter spawned by "Request Imperial Marriage" won't get her father's bloodlines.

Thank you for such a wonderful dlc and patch.
Is there a vague estimate as to when we can expect a patch or are you still gathering info?
We're still gathering info and we expect to get more reports in during this weekend when we'll get a lot more played hours in from everyone. I can't really say much more until we can commit to a date.

Intriguing it's one of the really specific Catholic features that are interesting in it's implementation. If there are a bunch of plans to utilize this in multiple mods it might be an idea for an improvement.

I did have plans to use it for a reformed pagan religion in Mythos 2, though with the new reformation mechanic, it would be a nice leadership option.

keep up the good work, I'm honestly not sure what else you can add to this game it feels nearly perfect to me

I look forward to the next update, and look forward to hearing any future plans, whether that include more DLC or not I think I will still be playing CK2 for a very long time

At the time of the formation of Russian statehood, the coat of arms changed to a two-headed eagle. Russian Empire can not wear the coat of arms of Rurikovich!
But if the Rurikovich are in the best position to create the Empire early? :)
But maybe the best solution in the end will be to create multiple COAs for the different scenarios.

It's a really great DLC, thanks so much. I agree with a few others here on with the battle death frequency, I went through 3 Romuva High Chiefs but the forth landed a genius who's created a glorious state and slaughtered all who opposed him. Once you break through the ceiling you end up stomping people in combat most of the time. The realm instability I would have experienced by losing three rulers in rapid succession was offset by Eldership rules so that's good but may make AI pagan realms a little too stable.

Since this may be the last big DLC I'd really urge you guys to add a bit more flavor through updates to all the previous DLCs

Enjoy my money! You earned it!

It's a really great DLC, thanks so much. I agree with a few others here on with the battle death frequency, I went through 3 Romuva High Chiefs but the forth landed a genius who's created a glorious state and slaughtered all who opposed him. Once you break through the ceiling you end up stomping people in combat most of the time. The realm instability I would have experienced by losing three rulers in rapid succession was offset by Eldership rules so that's good but may make AI pagan realms a little too stable.

Since this may be the last big DLC I'd really urge you guys to add a bit more flavor through updates to all the previous DLCs

Enjoy my money! You earned it!
It's really fun to see so many people enjoying a Romuvan playtrough. An area which previously didn't see too much action before!

But if the Rurikovich are in the best position to create the Empire early? :)
But maybe the best solution in the end will be to create multiple COAs for the different scenarios.
Yes. Just, for example, on the earliest date there are no Rurikovichs at all) And since I usually start at the earliest start, this emblem is somewhat embarrassing

Could you add polyandry in future versions? Some modders will want it.

Currently "Enatic Clans" and "Polygamy" are mutually incompatible.

Is there any on_action events to get bloodlines?

Currently an event spawned character won't get bloodlines correctly. For example, when a character with a lot of bloodlines becomes the Chinese Emperor (by a successful invasion), his daughter spawned by "Request Imperial Marriage" won't get her father's bloodlines.
That's an interesting issue. Sounds like we might need an effect you can fire manually to update your bloodline inheritances after you've properly set the father and mother for a character. Ideally most of the cases would be solved already upon the creation of the character though to make sure that we don't need to do too much manual repeats everywhere.

We’ve noticed a couple of issues that we’re addressing in an upcoming patch, and we are continuing to work on small improvements to make sure the game is in an even better state before going on our winter vacation.
Can you do something about the Byzantine crown becoming unusable on forming the Roman Empire? The effect from Augustus isn't as good, so either a buff to that or a replacement artifact would be nice. As it is it's like a punishment for succeeding.

I can't speak for the exact reason but my guess is that they do share a bunch of the symbolism and iirc it's not until around the 1490's that Muscowy adopted the double headed eagle and became dominant in the Russian sphere. It's probably more likely that the Kiev principality is going to form the Empire from the 1066 starting position. It could be a good idea to have some alternate set_coa effects if another principality ends up forming it though.
I mean that they completely same. Even CoA of Byzantium and Thrace is little bit different.
In case of russia and transoxiana is a bug?

Could you add polyandry in future versions? Some modders will want it.

Currently "Enatic Clans" and "Polygamy" are mutually incompatible.
There has been some code issues with the current implementation of marriages which have prevented us from doing this. It will require some time to make this happen and fix all of the fallout bugs that it will cause - we had some interesting bugs when we opened up concubines for both male and female characters. It's in the back of heads but not super prioritized right now.