• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK Console DD #1: Vision and Goals!

Howdy all!

Community Manager Sonic Pariah here to inform you of some really cool news from the Crusader Kings team.

While the entire Stockholm team is hard at work with Royal Court and making sure all the feedback, suggestions, and details are ironed out (specifically Patch 1.5.1 coming Soon™), we have had another team over at Lab42 doing what they do best:
BRINGING CRUSADER KINGS TO XBOX X AND S AS WELL AS PLAYSTATION 5!

Working with Paradox and Lab42 on the joint vision for an adaptation, and not just a port, of Crusader Kings III to consoles has been challenging and rewarding for everyone involved. The base vision was to bring the highly regarded Crusader Kings franchise to a new console audience, bringing enjoyment to as many people as possible.

The Lab42 team has taken a flexible approach to development – responding to Paradox expertise and user testing & feedback, which has helped shape the development priorities throughout the adaptation. This approach will continue post launch, where Lab42 will continue to be flexible to allow consumer feedback to shape the flow of updates, patches and new features.

While it wasn’t an easy task to bring everything to life on consoles, it was definitely fulfilling and highly satisfying to see once the first versions came to life. While work and progress is still being made on the console version, it is a process and still being worked on diligently by the Lab42 team. Certain features were easily adapted for the console setup while others needed to be completely reimagined from the ground up. As you can imagine, this requires quite a resourceful and dedicated team, and we are confident that the Lab42 Team have it well in hand!

While the teams are hard at work on their respective projects, we will be more than happy to keep you up to date on news and any possible dates as they become available. In the meantime, please enjoy Royal Court and will have more info for you in the weeks to come!

Cheers,

-SP

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 27Like
  • 9Haha
Reactions:
Would've been better received if we'd actually get a patch fixing the bugs with royal court first.

When console was first announced I said on reddit that I hoped the funds generated by a console release would hopefully increase the content in CK3 but having seen the royal court release and the failure to even fix bugs that modders easily fixed and how there are only 4 measly courts released and most of the ingame items do not have a proper 3D models, I doubt that any extra money the console release brings will do CK3 any good.

• 6Like
Reactions:
We are working diligently on the next Update as we speak, compiling feedback & reports from the community.
As soon as we can, we will share the date of the next batch of fixes & improvements with you :)

Right now it feels as if most communication between the CK3 devs and the community ceased, DevDiaries are skipped for a month after RC released, we don't know anything about what updates/fixes to expect (I'm not even talking about the 'when')... and the only thing you have to say is this announcement?

I'm genuinely happy for you and all future players on console. But I have to admit, the timing of your announcement could be a bit better.

• 9Like
Reactions:
I don't know that the DD for the console adaptation is the place to be complaining at the pc devs

Excited for this btw. Hope they can catch up to the pc content dlc wise

• 15Like
Reactions:
I still can't understand why anyone would want to play a map game with a controller, especially one like CK where you spend so much time searching for characters. It seems like it'd be a miserable experience to me, but maybe I'm just old and out of touch.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Looks good. Wish it was coming to Switch so I could play CK on the way to work - but understand it’d probably set a Switch on fire. Hopefully Steamdeck will fix that problem for me.

Reactions:
I still can't understand why anyone would want to play a map game with a controller, especially one like CK where you spend so much time searching for characters. It seems like it'd be a miserable experience to me, but maybe I'm just old and out of touch.
I can't understad either. But they've done this with Stellaris so it must have been a success otherwise they wouldn't do the same with ck3.

• 2Like
Reactions:
On one hand I still suspect how worthwhile these console ports are but I support it if it brings more attention to this game.

In the long run the stellaris port was good imo. Maybe we can take more from that team and form a custodian team with 3 month update patterns.

My only request is that everything added to the console game should also be in the PC version. The stellaris console edition has a handful of extra visuals and that's not fair!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Right now it feels as if most communication between the CK3 devs and the community ceased, DevDiaries are skipped for a month after RC released, we don't know anything about what updates/fixes to expect (I'm not even talking about the 'when')... and the only thing you have to say is this announcement?

I'm genuinely happy for you and all future players on console. But I have to admit, the timing of your announcement could be a bit better.
Dude this isn't anything major this is them saying that more news is coming in the Future

• 2Like
Reactions:
Howdy all!

Community Manager Sonic Pariah here to inform you of some really cool news from the Crusader Kings team.

While the entire Stockholm team is hard at work with Royal Court and making sure all the feedback, suggestions, and details are ironed out (specifically Patch 1.5.1 coming Soon™), we have had another team over at Lab42 doing what they do best:
BRINGING CRUSADER KINGS TO XBOX X AND S AS WELL AS PLAYSTATION 5!

Working with Paradox and Lab42 on the joint vision for an adaptation, and not just a port, of Crusader Kings III to consoles has been challenging and rewarding for everyone involved. The base vision was to bring the highly regarded Crusader Kings franchise to a new console audience, bringing enjoyment to as many people as possible.

The Lab42 team has taken a flexible approach to development – responding to Paradox expertise and user testing & feedback, which has helped shape the development priorities throughout the adaptation. This approach will continue post launch, where Lab42 will continue to be flexible to allow consumer feedback to shape the flow of updates, patches and new features.

While it wasn’t an easy task to bring everything to life on consoles, it was definitely fulfilling and highly satisfying to see once the first versions came to life. While work and progress is still being made on the console version, it is a process and still being worked on diligently by the Lab42 team. Certain features were easily adapted for the console setup while others needed to be completely reimagined from the ground up. As you can imagine, this requires quite a resourceful and dedicated team, and we are confident that the Lab42 Team have it well in hand!

While the teams are hard at work on their respective projects, we will be more than happy to keep you up to date on news and any possible dates as they become available. In the meantime, please enjoy Royal Court and will have more info for you in the weeks to come!

Cheers,

-SP

Future console Player here Have my Preorder already bought i cant wait to join this fantastic Community. Im sorry about royal courts current state but this special Occasion shouldn't be ruined with negativity. Again so excited to play with you all I've watched Hours upon hours of YouTube playthroughs but now its my turn!.

• 7Like
Reactions: