• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings again, fellow city builders! I have great news today. As a part of free Parklife update Cities: Skylines will expand more into Tourism. In a nutshell this means that we want to give you a better understanding why and how tourists are coming to the City and which locations they visit. All this to help you make your City the number one tourist attraction!

New Tourism Info View

Tourism finally gets its own Info View and it replaces the Tourism subpanel under the Outside Connections. The new Tourism Info View provides more valuable information on tourist activity than before, as well as more detailed information of the various attractions in your City. The new panel is unlocked at Milestone Worthy Village and shows the tourist presence in the city more precisely and the Attractiveness of various buildings and areas with an Attractiveness value. This means you can now have quick and easy visualization of both where your tourists are visiting and which buildings and locations attract tourists. This helps you plan your road layout, public transportation lines and give a general idea which areas in your City are drawing in the visitors. The budget panel has also been updated with more details of money spent by tourists.

Cities 2018-04-16 10-27-50-10.png

The new Tourism info panel visualises where tourists prefer visiting.

Tourists have arrived!

We have added 10 new tourist models as a variation your citizens and to bring more ethnicity to the City streets. And the best part? New Tourists models are free content and arrive to every City that has tourists automatically! Are you ready?

Cities 2018-04-16 09-56-38-46.png

Smile! New tourist model enjoying her warm and fuzzy winter clothes (you didn't think we'd forget Snowfall, did you?)

New vehicles

With this update we are also improving how the tourists arrive to your cities. As a part of industry boom the car factories have created Vans and Trailers for Campers and they seem to be quite popular among some, more wealthier tourists. This marks a new dawn for those tourists who come to your city by motor vehicles.

And for those who (will purchase / have purchased) the Parklife DLC (Thank you by the way) we have the awesome Hot Air Balloon, Double Decker Sightseeing Bus vehicles and the Park Staff personnel jeep on top of those Camper Vans & Trailers for the pleasure of your tourists and citizens alike. We can't wait to see what you guys make out of those in the asset editor and in in-game.

Cities 2018-04-16 14-41-04-45.png

Camper Vans and Trailers are a regular sight in a City with focus on tourism. You can find them usually near different attractions.

Mascot Madness

Last but not least, someone might've already noticed little alligator and chirper mascots occasionally appearing in our screenshots. Well, that's because we have mascot models appearing with Amusement Park and Zoo buildings as a part of paid content. The mascots are there to take care of your buildings and entertaining visitors and you can also find them in Asset Editor along with Park Staff. All these new workers are there to ensure your Park Areas are kept in top notch condition!

Cities 2018-04-16 11-00-39-12.png

Chirper Mascot greets curious lookers while en route to the next Zoo building.

Will commercial areas specialized in tourism have a high attractiveness for tourists ? It would seem odd to see them all pale blue.
They can only take tourists as customers. Its why you can never have very much of it without them abandoning all the time. Because there are so few tourists.

Not even Move It, RICO or Metro Overhaul Mod?

I used to use "Move It", that's pretty awesome. "More Beautification"... I think that is what it was called. Liked being able to plop props... should be good in Parklife.

"Precision Engineering" was nice, but my game used to crash a lot when I used it. It's mostly in the game now, except for measuring length, which I was disappointed that it does not do. I used a few others, but I can't really remember which ones, so they obviously were not too important to me. I'd probably like RICO and Propline Tool.

I used tons of assets though. It was really bogging things down. When my HDD failed November 2016ish or so, and I replaced it with an old (smaller) one I had lying around, I did not download any mods or assets. I kind of felt like if I did, it would snowball again and bog things down. I hated waiting 10-15 minutes for a saved city to load.

I do miss some nice bus, plane, and other vehicle assets the most. Some nice buildings too... plus well known stuff like McDonald's, Burger King, Swiss Chalet, Sobey's, Canadian Tire, and other stuff.

I’ve looked in the other dev diaries and couldn’t find an answer to this but would using the “unlock all” built in vanilla mod also unlock the different buildings for the parks? I remember reading about how they level up and unlock new features.

That's how I'm thinking of it as I likely won't get a proper go on this until next week (work sucks!)

Yeah, agreed. I live at work for 3 weeks at a time, and the internet is soooo sloooow here.

But holy crap! I got "Parklife" to download. It's past bedtime though.

I actually managed to get a proper go tonight!

Pretty fun little DLC, though (as mentioned elsewhere) I'm having trouble with Walking Tours, no-one seems to want to go on my bus tours and I find that visiting numbers are growing too slow for my liking (that could be to do with my potato of a computer though)

I’ve noticed that about the tourism numbers too. My city may only be 20,000 but it has 2 airports (regular and international), ample tourism and leisure designated commercial, tons of parks (both normal and Parklife), taxi service and city wide bus service, and a couple unique buildings and I’ve actually noticed a decline in tourists in my city. I’m hoping it’s just a little adjustment thing and the numbers go up from here.

This DLC is bugged I think or I do something wrong? Almost noone uses parks / buses / tourist baloons / walking tours beside giving it a lot of buildings, plants, rocks etc. And still "normal" parks or unique buildings give a lot more of attraction level. What is the point in this dlc when noone wants to use the parks?
Or maybe I do something wrong? What are your numbers of visitors, I searched on youtube few people and it looked sadly the same

This DLC is bugged I think or I do something wrong? Almost noone uses parks / buses / tourist baloons / walking tours beside giving it a lot of buildings, plants, rocks etc. And still "normal" parks or unique buildings give a lot more of attraction level. What is the point in this dlc when noone wants to use the parks?
Or maybe I do something wrong? What are your numbers of visitors, I searched on youtube few people and it looked sadly the same
are you playing a vanilla game or with mods? if the latter the problem will be on your end. we're still finding some mods that are producing not so obvious trouble with the patch and need to be removed/updated

are you playing a vanilla game or with mods? if the latter the problem will be on your end. we're still finding some mods that are producing not so obvious trouble with the patch and need to be removed/updated

I got only one mod - for more tiles to unlock, rest is vanilla game. I got around 50 visitors for 4 star big park, for smaller ones with full of buildings, stones etc. it is around 15-20 max :(

I created a little city just for testing the Parklife DLC.

In a city of ~3300 cims, my zoo (with all zoo buildings and politics) has ~100 visitors per week. The city has ~340 tourists per week.

I also have an amusement park (with all zoo buildings and politics) which has 0 visitors per week. I can see a lot of visitors though, and props says there are visitors, but they are not counted in the park. That's very strange.