• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bonus Diary: No Step Back Formable & New Tags

Hello Generals!

I’ve managed to escape the frontlines of Social Media to bring you this dispatch from our Comrades on the Dev Team. I bring tidings of great hope, with reinvigorated pride and national sentiment - Thats right, a full list of the new Tags and Formables!

Lets start with the tags shall we?

Tags

Here is a full list of the Tags coming with No Step Back:
  1. DNZ Danzig
  2. SIL Silesia
  3. KSH Kashubia
  4. DON Don Republic (Through Cossack Branch for Poland)
  5. KUB Kuban Republic (Through Cossack Branch for Poland)
  6. BUK Bukhara
  7. ALT Altay
  8. KAL Kalmykia
  9. KAR Karelia
  10. CRI Crimea
  11. TAT Tatarstan
  12. CIN Chechnya Ingushetia
  13. DAG Dagestan
  14. BYA Buryatia
  15. CKK Chukotka
  16. FER Fareastern Republic
  17. YAK Yakutia
  18. VLA Vladivostok
  19. KKP Karakalpakstan
  20. YAM Yamalia
  21. TAY Taymyria
  22. OVO Ostyak Vogulia
  23. NEN Nenetsia
  24. KOM Komi
  25. ABK Abkhazia
  26. KBK Kabardino Balkaria
  27. NOA North Ossetia
  28. VGE Volga Germany
  29. BSK Bashkortostan
  30. KHI Khiva
  31. UDM Udmurtia
  32. CHU Chuvashia
  33. MEL Mariel

Pretty cool huh? Here’s a quick screenshot I grabbed releasing as many nations from the Soviet Union Republic of Turkic Peoples as possible.
20211112150543_1.jpg

Formables

The new formable tags are as follows:
Turkestan
Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus
Transcaucasia
Siberia
Idel Ural

TagFormed by
Mountainous Republic
controls_state = Dagestan
controls_state = Chechnya-Ingushetia
controls_state = North Ossetia
controls_state = Kabardino-Balkaria
controls_state = Abkhazia
Transcaucasian Republiccontrols_state = Abkhazia
controls_state = Georgia
controls_state = Armenia
controls_state = Azerbaijan
Siberiaoriginal_tag = YYakutia
original_tag = Far Eastern Republic
original_tag = Chukotka
original_tag = Vladivostok
original_tag = Buryatia
original_tag = Taymyria
original_tag = Altai
original_tag = Yamalia
original_tag = Ostyak-Vogulia
original_tag = Tannu Tuva
Idel Ural Republicoriginal_tag = Mari EL
original_tag = Chuvashia
original_tag = Tatarstan
original_tag = Udmurtia
original_tag = Bashkortostan
Turkestan
allowed = {
OR = {
original_tag = TAN # Tannu Tuva
original_tag = KAZ # Kazakhstan
original_tag = UZB # Uzbekistan
original_tag = KYR # Kyrgyzstan
original_tag = TAJ # Tajikistan
original_tag = TMS # Turkmenistan
original_tag = SIK # Sinkiang
original_tag = BUK # Bukhara
original_tag = KHI # Khiva
original_tag = KKP # Karakalpakstan
}
}
available = {
is_subject = no
custom_trigger_tooltip = {
tooltip = form_country_kazakhstan_required_states
controls_state = 402
controls_state = 404
controls_state = 406
controls_state = 407
controls_state = 583
controls_state = 586
controls_state = 587
controls_state = 588
controls_state = 589
controls_state = 590
}
custom_trigger_tooltip = {
tooltip = form_country_uzbekistan_required_states
controls_state = 405
controls_state = 585
controls_state = 830
controls_state = 823
controls_state = 831
}
controls_state = 732 # Kyrgyzstan
controls_state = 742 # Tajikistan
controls_state = 584 # Turkmenistan
controls_state = 832 # Tashauz

I'm not a coder, I'm a social monkey so that meant diddly-squat to me - I'm hoping you in the community made sense of that.

Here is Siberia at its Max
image (5).png

Mountainous Republic:
image (6).png

Idel Ural
image (7).png

Transcaucasia
image (8).png

Furthermore theres a whole host of ways you can expand your empire further by tag switching between nations
20211112145224_1.jpg

20211112145158_1.jpg

That's all for this report, I can hear the chanting of “Release the DLC Now” from the Twitter front so I must get back to the frontlines.

• 84Like
  • 18Love
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Suggestion: Flag some of the "weirder" tags that the AI generally shouldn't release in peace conferences (such as most of these new ones, Occitania, Brittany, the various Chinese warlords, Vichy France, the Spains, the Conferderacy and all similar Civil War tags, and probably some others), and tell the AI not to release those in peace conferences.

• 49Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Suggestion: Flag some of the "weirder" tags that the AI generally shouldn't release in peace conferences (such as most of these new ones, Occitania, Brittany, the various Chinese warlords, Vichy France, the Spains, the Conferderacy and all similar Civil War tags, and probably some others), and tell the AI not to release those in peace conferences.
I second this.

While i appreciate the options given to the player to balkanize his enemies or rp a bit more, the risk is that this becomes a second Occitania where apparently the dream of every AI is to divide France in as many ways as possible. And while Vichy France gets annexed by France after a short period of time, Occitania does not and neither does Brittany or similar.

I know you @Midgeman_Official are the community ambassador and not a dev, but it has been a problem looming for a long time and i hope it is on the radar of those able to fix it or forwarded to them.

Last edited:
  • 17Like
Reactions:
One day, perhaps they may even have focus trees, because God knows that the overflow of generic focus trees is just ghastly. Yes, we could leave it to the modders, but that is the lazy way out, because why should people have to mod in order to have an interesting and immersive alt-history experience with, per sé, an independent Chechynya-Ingushetiya in the 1940s,, with the goal of reversing Russification and ending Russian occupation. There was an actual revolt in the same region during WWII and Russia's entrance to the war, so is it actually too much to ask for a more interesting experience than "take the states and click the button for the cosmetic tag"?

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I second this.

While i appreciate the options given to the player to balkanize his enemies or rp a bit more, the risk is that this becomes a second Occitania where apparently the dream of every AI is to divide France in as many ways as possible. And while Vichy France gets annexed by France after a short period of time, Occitania does not and neither does Brittany or similar.

I now you @Midgeman_Official are the community ambassador and not a dev, but it has been a problem looming for a long time and i hope it is on the radar of those able to fix it or forwarded to them.
Hey, suggestions are always welcome, and I can definitely pass stuff on!

• 42Like
Reactions:
I'm asking for the last time. If nobody will answer, the responsible persons will be found and sent to the gulag in Kolyma.

Will the models of Soviet infantry be changed? Who is wearing a trenchcoat all year long? Where are infamous potato colour uniforms?

• 14Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
While I do appreciate this Diary, I'm afraid of how this will impact peace deals, it is already painful enough to see the Allies dismembering France after a war just because of Vichy, and all these new formables might worsen this problem, but with the Soviet Union. Of course, the french example isn't the only one aswell, but I don't think it's necessary for me to quote more as it has already been acknowledged by the community and devs alike, still, I'm going to say that besides France, countries like Spain and the african colonies also get some of that Allied bordergore.

• 21Like
Reactions:
Would it be possible to get a look at State changes and what new states might have been added, what alterations there have been to old states?

Im absolutely loving this by the way! It was an awesome way to finish off the week by seeing this surprise, thank you!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will the Volga German Republic be bale to form Germany?

Apart from that, will their capital "Engels" be renamed if it's not Communist? Possibly into "Kosakenstadt".

• 9Like
Reactions:
While I do appreciate this Diary, I'm afraid of how this will impact peace deals, it is already painful enough to see the Allies dismembering France after a war just because of Vichy, and all these new formables might worsen this problem, but with the Soviet Union.
I can already imagine Belgian Yakutia and Germany releasing the Peoples Republic of Tatarstan Lmao

• 16Haha
  • 7Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure it makes sense for Tajikistan, an Iranic nation-state, to form Turkestan. They do however have an archaic historical claim to the region, so maybe Turkestan can be called ''Outer Iran'' or ''Sogdia'' or something if formed by TAJ.
But other than that, looks like fun! :)

• 15Like
Reactions:
I second this.

I know you @Midgeman_Official are the community ambassador and not a dev, but it has been a problem looming for a long time and i hope it is on the radar of those able to fix it or forwarded to them.
I third this.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Please, on historical AI, make any and all peace conferences historical when done by the AI, because I don't want the AI to release as many nations as possible and annex what ever to create the worst border gore imaginable, non-historical the AI can go nuts for all I care, just when things are historical, make the peace deals historical as well. This is probably the best time to say this as I can't even imagine what the peace deals are going to be like now.

• 21Like
Reactions:
I'm now wondering, how the hell are we supposed to form that Siberia as Tannu-Tuva?

When I heard about this achievement, I watched old Taueror's video about Tannu Tuva:
This was a long time ago, but I think that starting strategy (conquer and puppet as many China as You can) would be still valid.
I really enjoy about these formable nations :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
The new tags will be good to have, especially since it's now possible for the USSR to disintegrate from either civil war or invasion.

• 3Like
Reactions: