Greetings Commanders,

We would like to let you know that our team is working hard to address some issues you have flagged with the Below & Beyond expansion and free content update.

You can expect the first hotfix to come out on Monday, September 13th, simultaneously on all platforms. It’s going to address the problem with disappearing pipes and cables, and change the Asteroid Lander increment from 5 to 1, among other fixes and tweaks.

We are also trying to help out players who are struggling with continuing their game on the pre-patch save files. While the hotfix should fix some of the more persistent issues on the old save files, for the best experience we recommend starting a new save file.

Finally, we would like to thank all the players for your patience, understanding, and the time you spent on sending the feedback and reporting the bugs to us.

This is not the last time you’ll hear from us on this topic. We are fully committed to improving your experience with the game and giving you the polished content you deserve. We will keep you informed on our progress.

OxfordNik

Captain
87 Badges
Dec 10, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Sengoku
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Great to know a patch is coming.

Any plans for a beta patch and/or the ability to roll back to a previous version (on Steam) before the weekend, by any chance?

Look forward to getting more updates about this hotfix in the near future, anyhow! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:

Alexnor

Sergeant
82 Badges
Mar 9, 2012
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Island Bound
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Also, don't forget the weirdness with drones and food pickups, they just hang out around the farm, spasm all over, glitching and do nothing while population starves.

• 5Like
Reactions:

YertyL

Captain
19 Badges
Jun 9, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
Also, don't forget the weirdness with drones and food pickups, they just hang out around the farm, spasm all over, glitching and do nothing while population starves.
Yeah, this is IMO the most game-breaking bug ATM. It effectively kills your colonists, shuttles and drones all simultaneously with frightening regularity.

Great to hear a fix is coming. An increment decrease to +1 is honestly more than I had hoped for on such short notice.

In principle I still really like the new content, but managing multiple bases and fighting multiple bugs simultaneously can get a bit exhausting :D

Hopefully with a few tweaks and fixes this expansion can fully realize its IMO big potential :)

• 2Like
Reactions:

ilego

Recruit
22 Badges
Mar 2, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Greetings Commanders,

We would like to let you know that our team is working hard to address some issues you have flagged with the Below & Beyond expansion and free content update.

You can expect the first hotfix to come out on Monday, September 13th, simultaneously on all platforms. It’s going to address the problem with disappearing pipes and cables, and change the Asteroid Lander increment from 5 to 1, among other fixes and tweaks.

We are also trying to help out players who are struggling with continuing their game on the pre-patch save files. While the hotfix should fix some of the more persistent issues on the old save files, for the best experience we recommend starting a new save file.

Finally, we would like to thank all the players for your patience, understanding, and the time you spent on sending the feedback and reporting the bugs to us.

This is not the last time you’ll hear from us on this topic. We are fully committed to improving your experience with the game and giving you the polished content you deserve. We will keep you informed on our progress.
Thanks now if only I could lauch to asteroids cause rocket disappears

Beetle-Bottle

Recruit
Sep 10, 2021
Greetings Commanders,

Hi, I'm new, I don't understand the increment change from 5 to 1.

Mauer

Swarmherald
100 Badges
Oct 7, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
Hi, I'm new, I don't understand the increment change from 5 to 1.
It means the requested resources for landers will now go up in increments of one instead of five, which currently makes to impossible to launch them with resources not in multiples of five.

Devs, may I suggest we also get an option to make the increments go by five and like 20 by clicking while holding Ctrl or Alt or something? Also for the Space Elevator in case it doesn't currently? (I haven't used it in a while)

• 1Like
Reactions:

Beetle-Bottle

Recruit
Sep 10, 2021
It means the requested resources for landers will now go up in increments of one instead of five, which currently makes to impossible to launch them with resources not in multiples of five.

Devs, may I suggest we also get an option to make the increments go by five and like 20 by clicking while holding Ctrl or Alt or something? Also for the Space Elevator in case it doesn't currently? (I haven't used it in a while)
Thanks for the information.

Ocho Jarocho

Recruit
Sep 9, 2021
There is also a problem with old seniors martians, they refuse to obey dome Filters, they also rather take long walks instead use shuttles even if it means certain death and be stubborn enough to refuse use of dome passage ways, they are unstoppable in their determination to comit suicide.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020

I can confirm that the issue with colonists and drones getting stuck around farms (to be more precise, they get stuck in food stockpiles) will get fixed on Monday.

• 9Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Great to know a patch is coming.

Any plans for a beta patch and/or the ability to roll back to a previous version (on Steam) before the weekend, by any chance?

Look forward to getting more updates about this hotfix in the near future, anyhow! :)
Hey @OxfordNik

I'm afraid we don't plan to enable rollback to previous versions of the game on Steam. We would like to fully focus our efforts on improving the quality and technical state of the DLC and free update on all platforms moving forward. Creating and managing an extra 'backup' Steam branch makes the process more difficult.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Phoenix0001

Recruit
Sep 8, 2021
When is the filter to stop colonists from being born going to be fixed? Is this also included on Monday?

Will you be coming out with a list of known issues and dates for resolution?

I feel that this will help everyone to understand the status of the glitches and provide insight into if a glitch was found that you aren't yet aware of.

Reactions:

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020
When is the filter to stop colonists from being born going to be fixed? Is this also included on Monday?

Will you be coming out with a list of known issues and dates for resolution?

I feel that this will help everyone to understand the status of the glitches and provide insight into if a glitch was found that you aren't yet aware of.
The issue with the filter is being looked into, but unfortunately, I don't have confirmation that it will be included in the patch on Monday just yet. We're still finalizing the patch notes.

This list will get updated with the first hotfix, so hopefully, it will help players understand what issues we're already working on. I'm afraid we won't be able to go as far as adding exact dates when certain issues will get fixed, but we will try to communicate when you can expect more patches and what we're focusing on improving as much as possible.

• 2Like
Reactions:

OxfordNik

Captain
87 Badges
Dec 10, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Sengoku
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Pillars of Eternity
Hey @OxfordNik

I'm afraid we don't plan to enable rollback to previous versions of the game on Steam. We would like to fully focus our efforts on improving the quality and technical state of the DLC and free update on all platforms moving forward. Creating and managing an extra 'backup' Steam branch makes the process more difficult.
Thanks for clarifying, even if it's not the news many of us would've been hoping for. Don't think the game is currently in a state where I would enjoy playing it, so I sincerely hope that the issues get resolved in the hotfix (and/or another patch) to enable the game to be enjoyed by everyone.

Surprised that it would be that difficult to create a rollback version on Steam (surely there must have been a backup version stored somewhere that the update wouldn't have affected?!), but I guess if getting that done means not getting some bugs resolved, then I can understand the logic - provided the bugs do, in fact, get fixed! :)

Thanks for continuing to engage with the community and updating us, anyhow! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:

shanlambertidst

Recruit
Sep 11, 2021
There is also a problem with old seniors martians, they refuse to obey dome Filters, they also rather take long walks instead use shuttles even if it means certain death and be stubborn enough to refuse use of dome passage ways, they are unstoppable in their determination to comit suicide.
This has been an issue in my game too. Really annoying when you want to create a “retirement” dome and they just ignore the instructions.

Hopefully this can be batched quickly.