• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Barbarossa Patch 1.11.8 - Checksum: 334c | LIVE | Patch Notes

#############################################
######## Patch 1.11.8 "Barbarossa" #########
#############################################

##################################

- Added an option in the settings menu to disable cloud storage backup of your career profile statistics.
- Players that own most major DLCs should no longer see promotions for the DLC Subscription in the main menu.
- Fixed potential cloud storage issues for the career profile which could result in your statistics not being backed up.
- Fixed a potential desync issue with statistics collection in multiplayer
- Fixed the "Civil wars" stat collection for "Battle for the Bosporus" DLC.

##################################

• 38Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
So when can we expect some relatively simple bug-fixes?

- Estonia is nordic focus not properly annexing nordic countries
- Horthy and the Habsurg prince achievement not working correctly
- Heroes forward campaign awarding heroes of the Soviet Union to operatives, despite this not having any effects
- Many other simple rewrites of code, heck I'd do it myself

• 9Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
So when can we expect some relatively simple bug-fixes?

- Estonia is nordic focus not properly annexing nordic countries
- Horthy and the Habsurg prince achievement not working correctly
- Heroes forward campaign awarding heroes of the Soviet Union to operatives, despite this not having any effects
- Many other simple rewrites of code, heck I'd do it myself
Can you link to your bug report so I can upvote it?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can you link to your bug report so I can upvote it?
The Horthy one has already been confirmed, but honestly, you should just visit the bug report forum and see how many of these small coding errors still hang around. Even if paradox is aware, it seems like we have to wait awfully long for these to be corrected. I don't know why, but things like the Horthy achievement can be fixed in an hour. I bet if you set a team on it for a day or two you can check of a big list of 'odd' things that just make the game so much more polished. I understand if some heavy bugs take a long time as the problem can be hard to pin down, but the easy stuff should be fixed quickly after it is reported. I don't understand these small patches that are a great opportunity to tackle some of these problems.

You can help by just going to the bug forum more often and upvote all the relevant stuff that you see. As another example, here is a bug-report I made about the Polish defence plans giving bonusses to the Germans:

Polish plans Bug

• 3Like
Reactions:
The Horthy one has already been confirmed, but honestly, you should just visit the bug report forum and see how many of these small coding errors still hang around. Even if paradox is aware, it seems like we have to wait awfully long for these to be corrected. I don't know why, but things like the Horthy achievement can be fixed in an hour. I bet if you set a team on it for a day or two you can check of a big list of 'odd' things that just make the game so much more polished. I understand if some heavy bugs take a long time as the problem can be hard to pin down, but the easy stuff should be fixed quickly after it is reported. I don't understand these small patches that are a great opportunity to tackle some of these problems.

You can help by just going to the bug forum more often and upvote all the relevant stuff that you see. As another example, here is a bug-report I made about the Polish defence plans giving bonusses to the Germans:

Polish plans Bug
again, we need a custodian team.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Honestly, you should just visit the bug report forum and see how many of these small coding errors still hang around.
Don't worry, I visit the bug forum regularly. Here's one I made months ago about Stillwell getting sent to China even when you pick Macarthur.

90% of players who reply to patch threads haven't even made made a bug report, so good on you for linking the Poland bug report.

We will only see major bug fix progress when players are flooding the bug reports and Steam reviews like they did after Leviathan.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
- Players that own most major DLCs should no longer see promotions for the DLC Subscription in the main menu.
This is why Paradox is one of my favorite companies: they actually LISTEN to feedback. Though, as has been suggested before, I think you guys could get a lot more done with a Custodian Team for HOI4.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Does it track stats with mods? Havent tried much yet outside one overhaul where it didnt and feel like it absolutely should, maybe add something to separate them if so, I want to see my stats and I'm for sure not gonna play vanilla

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Japanese Communist line deserves three Communist generals, but after the renewal of Barbarosa, I can only get one general.
QQ截图20220226135127.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Will more countries get a unique name for their intelligence agencies?
I'd like the ability to customize our agency logos, myself. If I'm gonna wage a war of liberation from South Africa, I want my agency "The Black Star" to have an actual black star!

• 2Like
Reactions: