First, I’d like to introduce myself, I am not one of the previous Game Directors, Johan or Peter, but I am Niels Uiterwijk, the original tech lead on the project. Today my role at paradox has changed as I am the Technical Director in studio green (studio working Stellaris). But still, from outer space I look back at earth and think of Imperator sometimes and decided to make a small maintenance patch, fixing some of the issues that modders & other people ran into.
Without further ado, the patch notes:
- This patch should be save compatible, however not all fixes might be applied to your current save.
# Stablity & Performance
- Improved overall memory consumption & performance
- Improved monthly tick performance by performing some more calculations in parallel (state modifiers)
- Portrait editor no longer crashes on open
- Updated SDL to 2.0.20 from 2.0.10
- Updated Nakama to 2.4.1 from 2.2.4
# Game Mechanic
- Upped the maximum number of tags (countries) from 2048 to 8192
- Fixed levy calculations being inversed
- Fixed a bug where when annexing a country, their abroad prisoners, that were in your prison, would also be counted as an abroad prisoners for you, even though they are local prisoners.
- default pop right is now correctly working & added proper logging of pop rights
- Fixed bug where unused modifiers were still being rewarded for specific missions (local & global cohort recruitment speed)
- Fixed bug where integrated cultures were still treated differently when they were converting to your primary religion
- Raised levies will select the best tactic for it's composition.
- Civil Wars will no longer just pick 1 character, but instead take far more disloyal characters.
- Fixed bug where released nations during a peace deal would have no proper pantheon.
- Fixed bug where you would never see battle results from battles against pirates, barbarians or rebels.
- Diplomatic range is now calculated between border territories. This should make it easier to hire mercenaries as a large empire. Default diplo range has been tweaked based on this change.
- Fixed bug where pops could be promoted above what they were allowed to.
- Updated default message settings
- Enabled script profiling (available with -debug_mode startup command, 'print_event_timings` is the console command)
- Added option to run multiple commands at the same time (ExecuteConsoleCommands & ExecuteConsoleCommandsForced)
- Achievements now only require that the game is in ironman mode and you achieve them within the timelimit (ingame years)
Note: This means that mods that are affecting the checksums, no longer will prohibit you from getting the achievements, neither does multiplayer.
- Added four new defines to balance the game (2 related to combat overruns, 2 related to civil war & dissenters)
Integrated fixes from the "Unofficial Patch" mod.
- Fixed mission trigger to ignore city territories in generic mission "Growth of ..." or "Pearl of .." step "Fruits of ..."
- Fix check for mission goal in Seleucid mission "Syrian Ambition" step "A Mediterranean capital" to really check for the building number as shown in the tooltip
- Fix mission availability for Cartage mission "Iberian Investments" to be selectable after finishing "The Iberian Struggle" with "Hispanic Overlord"
- Fix "There are other options..." option to actually show other territories for "Babarian Bartering" event for greek Missions in western Mediterranean and Pontus areas
- Fix party approval target in event for pop integration agenda for roman boni party
- Fix "No confidence" random event to target three distinct characters
- Fix "Demodamas the Explorer" event to select a sea harbor with enough population according to the existing check
- Fix "Fall of the [Family]" event to select the family to remove with lowest instead of highest prestige
- Fix Governors selecting religious conversion policy when it is pointless (thanks to Lewa263)
- Fixed reference from Argos to Korinthos in tooltip for spartan mission "The Second Peloponnesian League" step "Eastern Capitals"
- Corrected event text for the time passed since Alexanders death in initial Alexander the Great event. (english only)
- Fix territory names in event Options for Roman Mission "The pillars of Hercules"
As you can see, this is a minor patch, and for now it will be released as an open beta on steam & windows only. The plan is to release this on all platforms at some point in the undetermined future. Please leave feedback (or links to bug reports that you want to see fixed) in the comments section, I am quite bad at replying, but I will read them.
Thanks to all the people that helped me with this!
Available now on the steam beta branch: 2.0.4 - open beta
I also have to stress that this is not a revival of Imperator: Rome! Do not expect new content or patches going forward.