• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You could make that all male children that are born get the illegitimate bastard trait.

So I am thinking that the AI vassals are going to do normal marriages. When this happens, won't your male children become bastards and your female children become members of another dynasty? If this is true, growing the dynasty difficult will be difficult; especially since females are already at a disadvantage for this.

If the micromanagement and dynastic gameplay from CK2 was combined with the huge playable combat-mechanics from the TotalWar-series, and perhaps given a little dash of Assassins Creed for assassinationattempt, I dont think I would ever need another game! That would be... Amazing!

But yeah, that would possible not be made as a mod...

Perhaps a mod covering the age from year 500 till about 1800 or so... No, now I know...
MY FAVORTIE MOD, would be one that added 10.000 new events, historically and day-to-day events...

Last edited:
Probably a map of Britain set during Viking invasions, 800-1100 (would need to be balanced for the shorter time frame, with treaties and casus belli's based on 1 or 2 years, instead of five).

With the faction/relation system found in CK2+, a bunch of random historical events, several invasions from prominent vikings, a ton of creatable titles, and a bunch of flavor events.

Would be awesome. I would love to start working on something like this, but I don't have the skills or the time.

I had a weird dream about a mod too, one based in apocolyptic future. Where religions were reskinned as Types, and instead of Catholic, Shia, etc it was cyborg, vampire, zombie, alien-infected, homo sapien, and you'd be automatically allied with all those of the same Type. (Conversion represented altering/fixing them into your Type, still possible on a person or county level) All other alliances would be done as normal. (So yes a zombie ruler could marry a cyborg for an alliance...)

Types would have much, much different events. Religious/Type conversion would be a bit quicker. Many other mechanics would remain the same. (The Cyborg Boss(Pope) has approved your request for invasion but wants to meddle with your investiture... The Master Vampire is dead and now his many kindred children (Muslim) struggle for supremacy! A Zombie Lord (Norse) have called a prepared war, the zombies are gathering!

Cultures would be reskinned as scavenger, luddite, tribal, feral, etc and would be scattered around the map. Both Types and Cultures would have associated traits.

The oceans/seas are toxic, so coastal provinces would have the least holdings but could still be used for quick ship transport. The richest terrain would be in the interiors or by rivers. (as rivers flow outward to the ocean and have clean water)

Army sprites could be reskinned...or kept the exact same. (ie Einstein's quote on post apocalyptic life: I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones)

The goal of the mod (if there was such a thing) would be to completely change the map to a single type. For extra inclusiveness, a world map could be used...

Well that's my *dream* mod, with extra cheese on the side!

I have very few good experiences using mods, they mostly end in ctds and inconvenience all around, but i assume i would try a mod featuring completely different map like a same era, different 'planet' kind of style.

Oh yeah, one more dream mod. This is the big one, and I feel would solve a LOT of player gripes.

A mod to flesh out Gavelkind, that would trigger (exactly) upon character death. You would divide titles from least to greatest, and you'd be forced to divvy up titles between your heirs, from least to greatest. For example:

The (player) King of England and Wales (and duchies of Middlesex, Kent, and Normandy) with 10 directly owned counties dies with Gavelkind and has three sons.

Player first divides counties in rotation. With ten counties the first son gets 4, other two sons get 3 apiece.
Now the player divides duchies, again starting with the primary heir. An heir can only take a duchy that he already has a county in...if possible(*1)
Now the player divides kingdoms, again starting with the primary heir... An heir can only take a Kingdom that he already has a duchy in...if possible(*1)
Now the player divides Empires, again starting with the primary heir... An heir can only take a Empire that he already has a Kingdom in...if possible(*1)

Now the succession plays out as you'd expect. If an heir is a dejure vassal of another heir, then so be it, he's a vassal to the other heir. If their land is outside the dejure then they go independent. (ie Heir #2 of Kent answers to Heir #1 of England, but Heir #3 of Normandy goes independent) At any time the player can back up through the process to the county level, and redistribute counties to try again. Money is divided evenly between heirs. (or if possible you can math it so that heirs with less titles get a bigger proportion of the money to make up for it)

I feel this would result in a very even, easy to understand system. Especially as you are starting with counties, the basic building blocks that everybody understands.

(*1 Note)Unless this is impossible, at which point that heir is skipped and the next heir is checked to see if they can claim a duchy with their counties. Once everyone who 'can' get a duchy gets one...the ones who were skipped now take a leftover duchy regardless. This is to make sure an heir in general can get a duchy they have counties for, and prevents abuse like giving your primary heir all loose counties AND then the duchy with all of another heir's counties in it...