• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Saeculum Obscurum pretty much sums up my dream CK2 mod.

Oh wait, not entirely.

I also want a mod set in one of the many turbulent eras of China. Or India!

There's a mod like that I downloaded recently, it has the world from Spain to Japan and from Siberia to India fleshed out for the 1066 start.

I would enjoy a fantasy mod - absolutely not tied to any specific IP - but with a feel similar to the old 'Master of Magic' (orcs, elves, men, wizards, necromancers,...).
Retinues could provide the flavor of the specific races, and the facepacks could be incredibly fun.

Moving the game past the 1453 end, to focus on the Reformation era through the Elizabethan Eras. I want to play the 30 years war, I want to be Henry the Eighth, or Mary, or Elizabeth. The Borgias, the Medici, the other powerful families in Italy! There's real CK2 fodder there. Though, maybe they will make that a new expansion DLC in the next two years (hint, hint, nudge nudge).

Hmmm. To be honest, my favourite mod would be something which adds an insane amount of characterisation events/traits etc. I think the hardest part of this would be making the player really feel attached to characters at their court, so as to become sad when a brother is assassinated, and thus angry at the murderer, rather than indifferent, or slightly grateful under gavelkind. I think the primary reason we all turn into such evil, monstrous sociopaths when playing the game is we lack the affection for characters as a result of their lack of personality, a change to which could enhance gameplay so very much.

As for TC's, fall of the Roman Empire is up there. Some form of well-developed space mod as well (regardless of which fiction).

Moving the game past the 1453 end, to focus on the Reformation era through the Elizabethan Eras. I want to play the 30 years war, I want to be Henry the Eighth, or Mary, or Elizabeth. The Borgias, the Medici, the other powerful families in Italy! There's real CK2 fodder there. Though, maybe they will make that a new expansion DLC in the next two years (hint, hint, nudge nudge).

+1 pleaseeee

There's this great game coming out in August. It's called Europa Universalis IV. :p

Yeah I remember seeing a showcase for that mod but never managed to find the site again. Does anyone else know the mod name or site?

Umbra Spherae.

Amazon mod with Enatic succession or maybe even a dynasty who only gives births to females. Maybe a dynasty only trait to offset the -20 opinion penalty. I'm kind of interested in playing it with and without the ability to command armies. I think both would be interesting. Of course it would be nice to have male concubines and/or multiple lovers.

I tried to make the mod but couldn't figure it out.

Hey, I have already made an Amazon mod. I call it Amazon Invasion and it spawns an Amazon Empire in Bjarmia in 1070. They let only women hold council positions and lead armies, and they are Hellenic by religion (and led by Empress Xena :D). All I need to complete it is a way to ensure only women can inherit the throne and men can never get claims on the empire. Then it can be released, but I'm not a very good modder for this game so I'm at a dead end.

Hey, I have already made an Amazon mod. I call it Amazon Invasion and it spawns an Amazon Empire in Bjarmia in 1070. They let only women hold council positions and lead armies, and they are Hellenic by religion (and led by Empress Xena :D). All I need to complete it is a way to ensure only women can inherit the throne and men can never get claims on the empire. Then it can be released, but I'm not a very good modder for this game so I'm at a dead end.

Child birth by special event might be the best option. But then again, I am no expert either.

You could make that all male children that are born get the illegitimate bastard trait.

Would that also prevent them from getting a claim on the Empire?

Not sure, I think so, won't promise :p But it should prevent them from inheriting it at least.

Witcher mod would be nice, with all the wars against Nilfgaard, Scoia'tael uprisings and Kovir slowly rising in the North. But the mod for CK 2 I would most like to see is Second Age of Middle-Earth. Sauron gradually building up his power in the south over petty tribes of Dunlendings and Haradrims. Noldor kingdoms of Eregion and Lindon still preserving remains of old glory. Dunedain founding their first holdings along the shoreline. Sadly there would probably be too many mechanic issues, aging and natural death in case of elves comes to mind as the most obvious one.