• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A mod combining the best bits of CKII+ and PB, slapping VIET and SWMH on it, cracking hardcoded stuff somehow and putting in new succession laws, fixing gavelkind, adding unique flavour stuff for religions and heresies as well as religions not in vanilla (Judaism, Buddhism and East African Paganism, the "big triangle" :p)...

...and, of course, the ability to fight your battles yourself. Like in Medieval II Total War :)

Always wanted an Ivalice Kings mod. With bookmarks for each of the games set in Ivalice; FF12, FFT, and Vagrant Story. There's definitely enough intrigue, religo-politics, and warfare to constitute a CKII mod. Abit far-fetched, but If Elder Kings could pull it off, an Ivalice mod us definitely possible.

either Dune, or The Witcher conversions.dunes got all the great houses and warring and intrigue and weird holy orders. Witchers got kings, dukes, wars, all the ck2 stuff, plus monsters.

Conversion about Witcher universe.

Then help to make the Witcher mod happen ;)

I am working on one and would need some help to get it done in due time!

The de jure map is almost finished:

map5z.png

Kind of realistic (based on reliable historical studies) alt history mod would be welcome. Confetti-like and simply fantastical Lux Invicta doesn't fit it.

Yeah, Lux Invitica was like jumping in a shark infested pool at the deep end - I have no doubt a lot of work went into it, but it felt more like fantasy than alt-history to me and didn't have the charm of almost-but-not-quite historical events with characters around you taking slightly different decisions. If I had to pick a date for that to happen, I'd say the Christian councils of around the 4th century (having them support Arianism or something), or the death of Julius Nepos, or maybe Charlemagne being assassinated and his line becoming extinct with his lands then being eaten up by Romance-speaking warlords (ie not Franks, but Occitans something). From there you could have reasonably similar gameplay, but vague changes. Islam probably wouldn't exist as a distinct entity if Arianism was all the rage (imo it would have merged into mainstream Christianity, Mohammed would have had nothing to restore because it wouldn't have been corrupted), Spain may well be speaking Gothic, the Zoroastrians and their kin would probably have a lasting influence and may well have subdued the Turks, and quite possibly an obscure culture could have filled the void. If someone dug out historical studies to support EVERYTHING, I'd love the mod. I'd pile code and ideas down upon it like there was no tomorrow. It'd be like the Winter King (starts around the death of Julius Nepos) on steroids.

Anything set before the fall of the Western Roman Empire I'd avoid like the plague. CKII simply doesn't work for it, we'd need some kind of EU: Rome II for that with large degrees of support for population transfers, Hordes, Imperial governance and classical era structures.

Last edited:
Yeah, Lux Invitica was like jumping in a shark infested pool at the deep end - I have no doubt a lot of work went into it, but it felt more like fantasy than alt-history to me and didn't have the charm of almost-but-not-quite historical events with characters around you taking slightly different decisions.

Lux' divergence point was during Alexander the Great's reign IIRC. So it's insanely different yes, but is logical (in it's own way). There's a very good timeline too to see what's changed

Yeah, Lux Invitica was like jumping in a shark infested pool at the deep end - I have no doubt a lot of work went into it, but it felt more like fantasy than alt-history to me and didn't have the charm of almost-but-not-quite historical events with characters around you taking slightly different decisions. If I had to pick a date for that to happen, I'd say the Christian councils of around the 4th century (having them support Arianism or something), or the death of Julius Nepos, or maybe Charlemagne being assassinated and his line becoming extinct with his lands then being eaten up by Romance-speaking warlords (ie not Franks, but Occitans something). From there you could have reasonably similar gameplay, but vague changes. Islam probably wouldn't exist as a distinct entity if Arianism was all the rage (imo it would have merged into mainstream Christianity, Mohammed would have had nothing to restore because it wouldn't have been corrupted), Spain may well be speaking Gothic, the Zoroastrians and their kin would probably have a lasting influence and may well have subdued the Turks, and quite possibly an obscure culture could have filled the void. If someone dug out historical studies to support EVERYTHING, I'd love the mod. I'd pile code and ideas down upon it like there was no tomorrow. It'd be like the Winter King (starts around the death of Julius Nepos) on steroids.

To be fair I'm thinking about making something on my own. The major divergence points are:
-Phillip II of Macedon lives longer, so he is the one who invades Persia. After his death the empire falls into civil war, which divides it. After the centuries this altered political balance results in survival of Hellenic kingdoms and absence of Romans in the Eastern Mediterranean.
-Roman expansion is weaker thanks to the lost second Punic war. Romans eventually manage to conquer Carthage and dominate most of the West, although now Gallia est omnis divisa in partes duo - Romans conquer only the Southern Gaul (limes created on Loire), so native Celtic culture survives on the North. Brittan is also intact by Roman sandals.
-Paul of Tars is killed before his journey to Damascus, thus resulting in Christianity never becoming something more than a Jewish heresy. The Mediterranean world remains pagan.
-Islam is born (let's say Muhammad learns about Jesus from some Christian-like sects) but the Caliphate is crushed early on so it controls only Hejaz and the rest of Arabia is still pagan

I have many ideas how to affect the gameplay according to this setting, especially due to non existence of religious universalism, and thus lower importance of religious matters. But I'll engage in this idea more deeply after my exams :)

My dream mod would be Secret Bears..... Somebody get working!

Are you telling me, that the secret bear teaser was in fact *le-GASP* UNTRUE?! O_O

Yesh, because I am working on Mongols on Ponies, why do nobody take me seriously about this?

Saeculum Obscurum pretty much sums up my dream CK2 mod.

Oh wait, not entirely.

I also want a mod set in one of the many turbulent eras of China. Or India!

A mod set in Renaissance Italy, with expanded map and the possibility of playing bankers and bishops / cardinals / popes. Or maybe, even, a mercenary leader.