• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you 'max your tech' the game will crash (a common problem for people that extend the game beyond 1820).

If you 'max your tech' the game will crash (a common problem for people that extend the game beyond 1820).

Hey jdrou, do you know under what conditions the CTD happens? In my various game mechanics experimentations I've sometimes maxed out techs and it hasn't crashed; all it does is freeze the slider. I don't doubt what you say at all, just curious.

As the last tech is about 12x more expensive than your average tech and has a start date of 1850, it's not very likely that that one gets finished :D

Last edited:
Not sure of the details and I haven't tested it myself but it's generally accepted that the reason for crashes when people play past 1820 is from running out of tech levels to research; apparently adding additional tech levels or setting the 'average date' for the last tech far in the future stops the crashing when seems to support that theory.

A note about the TI cheat...it looks like it affects the AI also since when I hade used it in 1420..I saw England in war with Kongo...they couldn't possibly have explored there by then :rofl:

A note about the TI cheat...it looks like it affects the AI also since when I hade used it in 1420..I saw England in war with Kongo...they couldn't possibly have explored there by then :rofl:

I can confirm this having saved as England having put in the cheat and reloading as both Ming and Portugal, who had both discovered the world.

Do you got any cheat for colonization, revoltrisk, inheritance/annexation ?

Monastic states are theocracies with cooler names.

I don't think you can--my guess is that it's coded into the tag to change the gov't name like that.
Actually it's culture+govt. type. Prussian, Latvian, and Maltese cultures with Theocratic Governments are 'Monastic States'. The ruler titles are similarly tied to culture or religion. You can similarly define your own government and title aliases in the localisation files. Just search for all the occurances of theocratic_ in in_nomine.csv for examples.

Every time I use a cheat that requires entering a tag, it never seems to work. I would like to be able to change tags quickly and trigger events for other countries but nothing happens. Depending on the cheat I get "Invalid Tag" or "Which?" or simply nothing. What am I doing wrong? Other cheats requiring other values such as the invest or fow cheats work. Also single word cheats like cash work too. It's just tag related cheats that don't seem to work for me. Can anyone help me out?

Cheat events
Just save them as txt and put them in your event folder in the vanilla game or if you are using a mod in your mods event folder.
If you feel the amounts are too big just change them to your liking .But if you are going to use cheats go big :)

# Tradition
country_event = {

id = 99999

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Tradition!"
desc = "You get 100% army and navy tradition and culture."

option = {
name = "Yes!"
army_tradition = 100
navy_tradition = 100
cultural_tradition = 100

}
}

# Manpower
country_event = {

id = 99998

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Manpower!"
desc = "Manpower increases by 9000"

option = {
name = "Yes!"
manpower = 9000
}
}

# Treasury
country_event = {

id = 99997

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Money!"
desc = "Money"

option = {
name = "Yes!"
treasury = 9000
}
}

# Technology
country_event = {

id = 99996

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Tech!"
desc = "Tech"

option = {
name = "Yes!"

land_tech = 9000

naval_tech = 9000

production_tech = 9000

trade_tech = 9000

government_tech = 9000

country_morale_tech = 9000

advisor_arrived_tech = 9000

ledger_naval_tech = 9000

ledger_production_tech = 9000

ledger_goverment_tech = 9000

current_tech = 9000

idea_tech = 9000

}
}

Last edited:
thanks for the list! especially...

event <EventID#> [TargetCountryTag OR TargetProvinceID#]

i can't say how long i've wondered if it were ever possible to trigger a province event with a focus on a province from the console... now I know how plus I learn I can also trigger a country event for another country! very nice, thanks!

one thing I think I missed seeing in the list is a cheat code that lets you see province ID's in the game. Was this in eu3 or maybe from an earlier version?

edit: nvm on the province id's thing ;)