• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it is sort of appropriate that the Zumwalt class destroyer should meet the same fate as nearly all the projects of the namesake admiral (Sea Control Ship, Hydrofoils etc). ;)

I think you are refering to the Zumwalt destroyer class, by the way Jan, do you plan do add it into the game at some point into the future (I mean the DDX) ?
Hmm, perhaps. But I also thought the LCS project was being cut back too. I kinda hope DDX appears, maybe as a DLC or in expansions, but it is true they are more anti-land orientated, which might not be so useful for NWAC.

Last edited:
There are two things I really like about the Zumwalts.

#1. The VLS launch tubes are not in blocks at the fore and aft. They are divided into cluster of four and all around the edge of the ship. This will prevent a single good hit from rendering her combat ineffective. As it is, a solid hit to the fore or aft VLS clusters on DDGs and CGs could cut the ammo load in half, and IMO make the ship 100% combat ineffective in such a scenario. What if all you have left is ASROC facing an air threat aboard a damaged ship (I know this isn't totally realistic, but you catch my drift)

#2. Notice they have DD hull numbers, that is because their primary function allows them to be listed as a gun destroyer, not a missile destroyer. My grandfathers ship, USS Ingersoll DD-652 and the second Ingersoll, DD-990, are part of this proud naval tradition! ;)

+ They do look cool, style points I suppose but they don't mean a thing when the missiles fly, unless the reduced RCS really works as advertised.

As for the LCS, the navy has NO choice but to succeed here. It's like the F-35 series, all the eggs are in one basket. Honestly, I am holding out hope that the Gerald Ford class CVN's will not let us down nearly as much as the other projects of her generation!