• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it so hard to add keys in forum database? We can send you screenshots, where in the steam window keys would be written.

As other have said already, I doubt this will be solved unfortunately.

So basically we lost our money here? In the sense that despite having the original game, we will not be able to post without the lingering aura of piracy, since we will have no icon to prove it... I have to say this is very disappointing, and certainly below the standards the community here is used to. I expected Paradox would have a lot more leeway with the developers published under its label. Maybe the good people over at Tale Worlds should consider whether their games would have sold nearly as much, without the Paradox community...
And what really tops it for me, is that everybody will end up accusing people like Kallocain, who we actually know that always tries to help (for example, by manually adding my L&G over a year ago)...
I van safely say no more TaleWorld games for me...

How did you lose money? You still have the game, which is what you payed for. I don't remember them advertising a Paradox Forum icon anywhere. And yeah...considering the size of the TaleWorlds community, (currently at 161,523 members) I'm sure they'd do just fine. Talk about trivial not to buy great games because of an icon. I don't remember anyone accusing Kallocain by the way...I'm pretty sure that game developers don't want publishers constantly coming down on them for retarded things. I know I don't. I'd rather focus on the game.

Aura of piracy my ass.

Is it so hard to add keys in forum database? We can send you screenshots, where in the steam window keys would be written.

I don't have the keys though. I can't add them one at a time since there are thousands who want to register. The solution we have is to have the forums completely open. If you are thinking of this solution: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-register-your-EU3-Chronicles-code-from-Steam we will not be doing this here. The difference is that if you can't register EU3, you can't play multiplayer or log in to Paradox Connect for achievements, so that would be a loss of functionality. It is an expensive solution, and we hope to never have to do that again.

So basically we lost our money here? In the sense that despite having the original game, we will not be able to post without the lingering aura of piracy, since we will have no icon to prove it... I have to say this is very disappointing, and certainly below the standards the community here is used to. I expected Paradox would have a lot more leeway with the developers published under its label. Maybe the good people over at Tale Worlds should consider whether their games would have sold nearly as much, without the Paradox community...
And what really tops it for me, is that everybody will end up accusing people like Kallocain, who we actually know that always tries to help (for example, by manually adding my L&G over a year ago)...
I van safely say no more TaleWorld games for me...

There is no loss of money, and there is no aura of piracy. Most people on the forum know, and certainly all Paradox employees and mods know, that we have this issue. If anyone accuses you of being a pirate because this icon is missing, please report them to the mods. I realise this is frustrating, but it has no impact on functionality at all.

Did you find the reason why there are such problems with Steam regularly? I mean, it is in your and our interest that key issues don't happen and yet Steam & Paradox united, are often enough causing headaches.

Just Remove the ICON

How about instead of all this stupidity why don't you folks ( paradox) remove the stupid game from the icons list? No more complaints. Theres loads of paradox games I have that have no icon. So what if it's a new one? Hell Whewre's my woody two legs icon??? :p

I seem to have trouble registering WFnS on the forum. I can register Warband just fine, but how exactly do I register the 16-letter code from Steam on the forum?

If it works you should write it in letter by letter, then complete with XXXX until the line is full. But many have problems and most codes don't work, as per the rest of this thread.

I realize that it's unlikely this icon issue with M&B: FS will be fixed, but you can add me to the list of people who purchased the game on Steam and thus can't register his key on the forum.

What is the issue, precisely? Steam haven't provided Paradox with the key database? The Steam keys don't fit into forum software? If the latter, then why not add a XXXX-XXXX prefix just to fill the boxes for steam versions?

What the heck? So, I just bought this game and I can't register it, and nobody is going to do anything about it? It's what I bought the game for, all With Fire and Sword additions were available with Warband mods.
Is there any way we can get a refund from Steam?

Is it going to be like this of other games on the Steam sale? If so, I guess I've been right all along in saying not to buy anything from Steam
I suggest one of the devs say something to the Steam folks, it's really the only way we can get refunded.

What is the issue, precisely? Steam haven't provided Paradox with the key database? The Steam keys don't fit into forum software? If the latter, then why not add a XXXX-XXXX prefix just to fill the boxes for steam versions?

Tried the infamous "x" fix, does not work.

Why can't they just give us the stupid icon if we e-mail them a screenshot of our code on Steam? You don't even have to give us a different code...

Last edited:
Tried the infamous "x" fix, does not work.

I meant Paradox should alter it at their end so this was possible for Steam users.

Why can't they just give us the stupid icon if we e-mail them a screenshot of our code on Steam? You don't even have to give us a different code...

As Kallocain noted above, it would be too laborious to do this for the thousands of people this would apply to.

We paid for the game, it's the least they should do rather than say, "We can't do anything".

How many people would honestly do it? 10-20 angry folks on the forum? Really, that's too difficult?