• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
You should now be able to register:
Sorry about the delay! Note that there will be some alterations needed. The codes came in three different formats. If your key is too long, just write the digits in the same order as they are printed and skip the very last character. It will not have the same format as our fields.
If your key is too short, just print what you have and then fill up with a bunch of x when your key ends.

Edit: Thank you all who sent me keys. I have concluded that I'm missing one key file from Taleworlds. I'll try to get hold of it asap and update the forum. When that all is done, I'll let you know in this thread.

Last edited:
If paradox wanted to solve the problem, it was solved half month ago. I'm very angry of the fact, that 1 month after game realise I have piracy styled copy of the game with unworkable key.

This is not what everyone else is talking about. The keys should work fine to play with and the sub forums are open. All that is missing from this one keyfile I'm waiting on is the little icon under your avatar.
I will infract you for pirating the game now, but please pm me the key you have and I'll see if I can spot the problem. PIRACY IS NEVER ALLOWED.

Kallocain, I think he meant that without the key working here, it's LIKE he had a Pirated copy. So he didn't Pirate it, he's just saying it feels like pirated copy. I think he should have worded it better.

Oh, any news btw? I need the Shiny:D

Yes, we cleared that up in pm's. Still not the same issue as everyone else is having though.
...aaaand no news. Sorry. :/

I know this probably isn't possible, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Would it be possible for a Paradox rep/admin/moderator to manually add icons to forum accounts on here, or does the database system not allow that?

I just thought when I read this, that if I can provide proof, by linking my Steam account (Which lists With Fire and Sword as being in my possession) and making a post on it's comments page verifying that this is me on the forums, that a representative could manually add the icon to ones user account?

As I said, I know you probably won't do this since it'd be way too much manual work, but it seems like it might be the last chance if Taleworlds aren't particularly interested in resolving the problem.

There are thousands of you, so that would be too much manual labor, yes. At least for this game where the registration is not required to play multiplayer or view the sub forums.

Is it so hard to add keys in forum database? We can send you screenshots, where in the steam window keys would be written.

I don't have the keys though. I can't add them one at a time since there are thousands who want to register. The solution we have is to have the forums completely open. If you are thinking of this solution: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-register-your-EU3-Chronicles-code-from-Steam we will not be doing this here. The difference is that if you can't register EU3, you can't play multiplayer or log in to Paradox Connect for achievements, so that would be a loss of functionality. It is an expensive solution, and we hope to never have to do that again.

So basically we lost our money here? In the sense that despite having the original game, we will not be able to post without the lingering aura of piracy, since we will have no icon to prove it... I have to say this is very disappointing, and certainly below the standards the community here is used to. I expected Paradox would have a lot more leeway with the developers published under its label. Maybe the good people over at Tale Worlds should consider whether their games would have sold nearly as much, without the Paradox community...
And what really tops it for me, is that everybody will end up accusing people like Kallocain, who we actually know that always tries to help (for example, by manually adding my L&G over a year ago)...
I van safely say no more TaleWorld games for me...

There is no loss of money, and there is no aura of piracy. Most people on the forum know, and certainly all Paradox employees and mods know, that we have this issue. If anyone accuses you of being a pirate because this icon is missing, please report them to the mods. I realise this is frustrating, but it has no impact on functionality at all.