• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Main wish is for people to stop going on about HOI4, EU4 and Vicky 2.

Yes, Maybe EU4 is logical, I don't think HOI4 will came out soon, but still. Vicky 3 don't make sense. AHD was released just a few months ago, it's the only one expansion and you're talking about Vicky 3... I'd change the post name to "Wish list for Vicky 2 next expansion"

I wouldn't mind some more dynamic events.

The Bloody Battle of XXX, or Soldiers are caught Looting, An Officer Refuses Orders and others.

How about some about the Great Depression?

Bank Goes Bust, XXX Industry Closes, The Decrease of the Dollar/Pound/Something...

On that note, I wouldn't mind a currency exchange system. It would add a whole new system of play to things. Nations can choose to try and adopt currency's or stick to their own. If they adopt, it means they have to deal with the highs and lows of that currency, or they could stick to their own and try and make it the best and have to deal with years of economic disadvantage.

- Wars effect the value of currency.
- Your nations industry and prestige effects the value of currency.
- Not just yours, but any nation that adopts it. So if Brazil were to adopt the dollar then go through years of instability the dollar would suffer. Like wise if the USA were to become unstable.
- Nations in your sphere being more likely to convert, while nations outside will be less likely.
- Then add that nations that use your currency, but out not in your sphere suffer. It will force nations to sphere and protect their spheres. I have never found any need to sphere a nation this game. China usually just hurts my economy.

I would like to see Great Powers, having the ability to influence specific regions in a country, not only the state government itself. For example playing as France, it would be cool if you could influence the region of Lebanon and Syria, and then have them come out as independent state, substate of the Ottomans but in France's SoI. There would be an event fired at the Ottomans, accepting this, or having them go to war against the French. Of course this would have to be extremely difficult for the player to do, but interesting nonetheless, and has the ability to create very interesting situations.

Also I'd just like to see more historical events (does not need to be 100% historical outcome, but based on history), also the addition of new cultures and religions playing a larger role then they do currently.

Make capitalists build factories that produce goods in high demand first, I think that was the case in Victoria 1 Revolutions. I get fed up with capitalists building factories at random which only waste factory slots.

i recently heard that in the magna mundi game that is being made that you can start the game at any day of any year between 2 dates that i can't remember, but i thought if they extended the victoria timeline to just before the american revolution (or french revolution) then you could start the game on the first day of every year until 1936. it would be awsome we could start at the begining of ww1, the boxer rebellion, the italo turkish war, or any other date we want it would be amazing(i can dream can't i) but just throwing it out there.

i recently heard that in the magna mundi game that is being made that you can start the game at any day of any year between 2 dates that i can't remember, but i thought if they extended the victoria timeline to just before the american revolution (or french revolution) then you could start the game on the first day of every year until 1936. it would be awsome we could start at the begining of ww1, the boxer rebellion, the italo turkish war, or any other date we want it would be amazing(i can dream can't i) but just throwing it out there.

Would require a mind-boggling amount of setup and research. Like probably more work than everything else put together.

The problem with this is it would take forever to balance the economy for each of those years. Although I would like a WWI scenario in a future expansion. I assume that in the next expansion they'll add one more start date, hopefully WWI.

I'd argue that's one thing that Paradox should not do. It might seem like a great idea, until you start thinking you have to research exactly when Peru got railroad, when steam engines reached Asia, and how many capitalists there were in Sweden each day of the 19th century. And that's just like the beginning of it. Could Paradox do it, yeah. But why bother if most people always start at the earliest date, and instead of researching/testing extra start dates they could improve actual gameplay?

I'd argue that's one thing that Paradox should not do. It might seem like a great idea, until you start thinking you have to research exactly when Peru got railroad, when steam engines reached Asia, and how many capitalists there were in Sweden each day of the 19th century. And that's just like the beginning of it. Could Paradox do it, yeah. But why bother if most people always start at the earliest date, and instead of researching/testing extra start dates they could improve actual gameplay?

I think that a few scenarios could be made, so there would be events and stuff for them, but not every date.

I don't see any reason to have a WW1 or similar scenarios, just because the replayability is so low. You play through 1-2 GP, and you get bored because it's the same war every time, the only thing that changes is who wins. The normal 1836 scenario on the other hand is different each time leading to unlimited replayability. Also starting in 1910 would also start the game to late for the period in question in Victoria.
A WW1 scenario would fit better as a expansion to a HOI4, than a V3.

>>2) Window it--with a link to the Wiki under the help button.
>You can window the game.

How?

===

When not at war ships should not be limited in their movement capabilities--they could stop at any port and buy the necessary supplies.

Province construction should be in the order in which we ordered it--unless we change the order around.