• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i'd at least like to see some tweaks to the horde diplomacy system.
Why can't I have royal marriages with them frmo outsiders of the right religion?
I shoudl still be able to embargo hordes; just cuz they only care about gold and iron doesn't mean i can't embargo :p
It's also annoying when hordes have non-horde vassals; though maybe that was fixed last patch; not sure that ones' come up in my last few games. but it stank when hordes had non-horde vassals; cuz the only thing you could do was try to force a break vassalization; you can't take any provinces frmo them.

I think it'd make more sense to have hordes be something a lot closer to normal; with some incentive and other changes.
Like have them use the normal diplomacy system like everyone else; but with some tweaked details due to government type:
Free CB on all nations. (though if you're relations are high enough/ have royal marriages they could still get stab hits for attacking) they can always insult you if they want to lower relations. (or maybe let their insults not cost them any prestige; they jsut think you're weak).
Diplomacy penalty -> relations tend to worsen over time (maybe, just to force people to work on their relations with horde, or make it so only really close friends won't get trampled, like a native -3/-4 a year.
I don't know what else would be needed;

i'd at least like to see some tweaks to the horde diplomacy system.
Why can't I have royal marriages with them frmo outsiders of the right religion?
Probably because it was the easiest way to stop a sedentary nation getting lucky and inheriting half of central Asia in 1403.

I shoudl still be able to embargo hordes; just cuz they only care about gold and iron doesn't mean i can't embargo :p
Agreed.

It's also annoying when hordes have non-horde vassals; though maybe that was fixed last patch; not sure that ones' come up in my last few games. but it stank when hordes had non-horde vassals; cuz the only thing you could do was try to force a break vassalization; you can't take any provinces frmo them.
If you're at war with the horde, you can declare war on the sedentary vassal and take land off them directly.

And I'm not sure here but to me it seems that a lot of the old timers have been lost to this forum for quite some time now. I'm here here sometimes but almost never posts, GeorgeLeS doesn't post much, I have seen one or two posts by Junuxx, the same thing with GAGAextrem and it's the same with most of the others. EU3 seem to have lost a lot of the veterans with the coming of DW and that's a very, very bad sign.

Well, maybe it's not all that bad. Very many EUII players, active on the boards, never came over to EUIII. It survived. Johan isn't running around shrieking "Oh My God, George isn't playing! What can we do?"

When a game changes direction, it necessarily loses some players, and then gains some.