• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[...] Also for some reason I didn't complete the mission asking me to move 50 passengers via that tram, even though I clearly was connected to the 3 hubs (university, train station, theater) that it asked for.

You can't complete mission by using hubs. If the mission asks you to cover train station, university and theater, a single line should do the job. If a mission asks you to go from airport to a house in the opposite side of the map, only 1 line should do it. Don't get the wrong message, lines should be short, at least bus and tram lines. The missions are not a good way to learn how to play. Unfortunately, in those cases you will need to build the line just to get the money and then demolish. Those lines are not profitable.

I'm about to fire it up and give it another go. I'll try more, shorter bus lines.

Yes, try shorter lines.
Berlin is a special case. You will find other maps easier to play.
Do you see in downtown some avenues? Try making tram lines there, then you avoid traffic. The avenues in downtown will let you connect train station and the other train station with a lot of offices without having too much trouble with traffic.

You can't complete mission by using hubs. If the mission asks you to cover train station, university and theater, a single line should do the job. If a mission asks you to go from airport to a house in the opposite side of the map, only 1 line should do it. Don't get the wrong message, lines should be short, at least bus and tram lines. The missions are not a good way to learn how to play. Unfortunately, in those cases you will need to build the line just to get the money and then demolish. Those lines are not profitable.

Yes, try shorter lines.
Berlin is a special case. You will find other maps easier to play.
Do you see in downtown some avenues? Try making tram lines there, then you avoid traffic. The avenues in downtown will let you connect train station and the other train station with a lot of offices without having too much trouble with traffic.

Giladteller + Douglasrac, thanks so much, I finally beat the first Berlin mission. Gilad sent me a saved game and I got a chance to see how things *should* be... my problem was I was trying to cover too much area with too many intersecting bus lines, I think. Once I focused on only a few lines, and an efficient tram that goes over "green space" (I didn't realize you could do that at first) things were much easier. I beat that mission, and I just beat the first Amsterdam mission.

I also did not realize it would require a single line to touch all spots on a task... that helps. I was probably succeeding in tasks without knowing that, and then failing others and not understanding why.

Again, thanks!

I have 2 different bus lines, but hardly any passengers, any hints for Tokyo?

it's not city specific...it's hard to say why 2 bus lines don't transport much passengers, but maybe it's not needed on that location right now? You have to think in a complete network of the city and plan accordingly...

That also happened to me. You need network effect.
Is not that your route is wrong, is just because if you don't reach much places, few people will find your route useful. You need to somehow grow your network, even that now you probably have low profit.

That also happened to me. You need network effect.
Is not that your route is wrong, is just because if you don't reach much places, few people will find your route useful. You need to somehow grow your network, even that now you probably have low profit.

yeah, basically that's what i was trying to say.

The manual is where you installed the game.
Steam version: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cities in motion
Other versions: C:\Program Files\Cities in Motion
You can find it online Here (You might need a steam account)

This threatd became a real wiki!

Is there any mod which makes bought DLC available from reasonable start dates rather than always-on?
I just pressed a 'I win' button by taking a 30k loan and building a computer-controlled metro line. Three months later I was swimming in cash, in 1926.

Alternatively, is there a way to disable specific DLC using Steam?

That's great information!
I updated the guide. Unfortunately the real question still not answered. How people pay for 1 entire trip...

I think it is answered. People taking one entire trip will pay each time they change transportation modes.

If the 1 entire trip is Bus - Bus - Tram, they pay twice for that trip. Once for the first bus, and once for the tram.
If 1 entire trip is Bus - Metro - Tram - Bus they pay 4 times for one trip. Once for the bus, once for the metro once for the tram and one last time for the last bus.

I think it is answered. People taking one entire trip will pay each time they change transportation modes.

If the 1 entire trip is Bus - Bus - Tram, they pay twice for that trip. Once for the first bus, and once for the tram.
If 1 entire trip is Bus - Metro - Tram - Bus they pay 4 times for one trip. Once for the bus, once for the metro once for the tram and one last time for the last bus.

In the second case it will be only 3 times actually, because there are 3 different transport types (since bus appears twice).

I'd suggest adding the following to the FAQ;

To get 100% you also need to connect the edge of the maps (strangely) - wherever you see roads leading the map are potential stations for your metro/tram as people who drive into the map from these spaces will take public transport instead. If you're not getting 100% it's likely this is the culprit

I'd suggest adding the following to the FAQ;

To get 100% you also need to connect the edge of the maps (strangely) - wherever you see roads leading the map are potential stations for your metro/tram as people who drive into the map from these spaces will take public transport instead. If you're not getting 100% it's likely this is the culprit

What do you mean "connect the edges of the map" ? How do you do that?