• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting how you have more success than the English historically for now... except in Canada. Is Canada threatened ?

A Tory colonel raises some extra militia.

This means that the colonel is now the commander of one of my biggest armies. I have a bad feeling about this...

Dunmore frees the slaves and some rebel militia seek past him and take Portsmouth.

In-Game effects: Us Redcoats get a unit of above average militia and loyalty in the south shifts back to the rebels. Dunmore marches on to crush the revolutionaries in Portsmouth.

The crown declares amnesty for militia in the Deep South.

Loyalists in Augusta surprise some retreating enemies. Camden is besieged yet again and the Tories in Charlotte, who are running out of supply, are coming to their aid. In Virginia the rabble once again outmanuvers Dunmore and takes Petersburg. Snow covers anything north of there, so all is quiet for the time being.

Strategic Cities at the end of 1775.

Sorry for the short update, but I was busy in RL.

You've lost a few cities in the South and some more appear to be threatened. You mentioned earlier that you'll get reinforcements in years to come - will you have some to spare to throw at the South, or will you have to concentrate them in the North and the central section of the Eastern Seaboard?

The Tories in Charlotte try to make it to Camden again. They are attacked from behind, but are able to hold their own against the Americans. Sadly, their enlistments are up and disband shortly afterwards.

Dunmore assaults Petersburg and is unable to take the city, but inflicts a high number of causalties.

Some rebels try to take Camden and the King's loyal militia once agian repulse them convincingly. Tories try and fail to take 96.

The Royal Governer of Georgia is arrested and many loyalists rise in South-East North Carolina.

The new militia from North Carolina is moving to Camden while the Georgians flee to Augusta.

New England thaws and Howe takes Bunker Hill. He also sends some Light Infantry to seize Dorchester, Providence, and Newport. Two rebel armies have my troops boiled up in New York. Surprisingly, most of the Army of Canada is able to get back to Montreal. In Virginia, Dunmore is forced back from Petersburg and rests in Portsmouth.

You've lost a few cities in the South and some more appear to be threatened. You mentioned earlier that you'll get reinforcements in years to come - will you have some to spare to throw at the South, or will you have to concentrate them in the North and the central section of the Eastern Seaboard?
You'll have to wait and see;)

Bonus Update! I had a little more free time than usual this week, so I was able put together an extra update. The standard weekly update will still be posted, this one is free of charge:)

The southern front. Dunmore is still resting in Portsmouth.

New England, everything to the west in still frozen. This moves require an explanation. I sent Light Infantry to capture Newport, but only Line Infantry can "garrison" a city so that I get the VP from that city. So, I'm sending some Grenadiers to Newport and the Light Infantry to Salem.

The Tories in Augusta were bloodlessly repulsed from 96, and now I'm going to have to retreat to Augusta so that the group of rebels to the south won't take it. Next time, I'm going to have to attack without crossing a river. I also have idea what happened to Camden or why it is Rebel-controlled.
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/aar51.png/]
aar51.png
[/URL]
And now for the cluster****. Dorchester rebelled all on its own and Washington marched into it without firing a shot. I took salem somehow and my the Grenadiers are safe in Newport. Washington's army is still tired and low on cohesion after marching. I attack at the most extreme setting, hoping to take advantage of this. Keep in mind this strategy is still under heavy revision and I have not decided exactly what to do yet.

The Army of New York is finally ready to march. Washington's absence allows me to march on Philly. In other news, the Army of the Mohawk is gathering Native allies and might march towards Albany. The king has issued a royal pardon to the colonies, which gives me +5 loyalty everywhere, and Dunmore is going to attack Petersburg yet again. The battles this month will determine the nature of 1776, and very likely shall have a huge effect on the war itself!

There appear to be an awful lot of American units in New England all of a sudden (your army looks lonely in contrast), but I can't tell if any are a threat to you. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the battle against Washington goes - that should clarify a lot.

There appear to be an awful lot of American units in New England all of a sudden (your army looks lonely in contrast), but I can't tell if any are a threat to you. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the battle against Washington goes - that should clarify a lot.
I changed my mind actually, and garrisoned Dorchester. Sorry, but the update will be a day or so late, meaning tomorrow probably.

Finally got the new update together. Enjoy:)

The royal forces in Virginia are finally able to retake Petersburg.

Elsewhere in the south, Loyalists are not so lucky. They will try and regroup at Camden with the rest of the Tory militia.

And so it begins.

He is bound for Quebec, where he will lead his men to Albany, if all goes according to plan.

New England at present. The Army of New York was unable to leave Manhattan, for the enemy had fortified the countryside. They are now able to march and will now go to crush the revolution at its source, Philadelphia.

This will give the crown the edge in New England. Washington will have to run or die.

A noble servant of his majesty, attacked for his beliefs, forms a band of Tories. He is too far away to make it to the south, but I am sending some ships from the west Florida to help him.

Last edited:
Onwards to Philadelphia! Smash that falsely named 'Freedom' bell!

A lot of new forces for you. I hope you can link up your forces from Canada, Boston and New York. A threefold attack to destroy the heartland of this rebellion.

I like your Washington - run or die comment. Even if it puts me in mind of Arnold Schwarzenegger in yellow spandex in The Running Man. :p

New Update Time!

The North at present.

Virginia. As you can see, it is not looking good.

The Deep Southern Front.

The assault is a success, but James Hamilton, the commander of the Army of the Mohawk, is killed. This is actually a good thing, since William Caldwell is better than him.

Although a defeat, some Tories remain and manage to hold the city.

Next month, many supporters of the rightful ruler of these colonies rise up to fight for king and country.

Of yet more note, however, is the arrival of reinforcements to assist the crown's outgunned supporters in the South.

Washington leaves New England for parts unseen.

James Butler, a Loyalist in Canada, raises a regiment of Rangers, which will be very useful in the wilds around Lake Champlain.

Given the command penalties for the Army of New York, I didn't want to risk a river crossing. This way I get the New York militia as well.

Cornwallis will disembark and take Charleston, meeting up with Brown who is coming from East Florida, and march west to relieve the Loyalists.

Some Rebels grab Portsmouth, again spliting my troops in two.

Although not a clear victory, the Royal Army is able to land and all American forces that were caught outside the city retreat.

Again, not a total triumph, but the Tories win a tactical victory and flee south, away from supply, friendly territory, and reinforcements.

Washington conquers New York in a surprise attack. The Army of New England is marching to aid the loyal subjects of His Majesty.

So that's it. Things are quickly heating up in the North, the stalemate in Virginia continues, and the balance of power in the south is clearly shifting to my side.

Ooh, Washington brought a lot of friends to play! I hope you can evict these squatters post-haste. All the Loyalist troops raised and all the reinforcements arriving make me confident that this insurgency will soon be contained.

Here's New England. The Army of New England will advance to New York, where they will meet up with the Army of New York, fresh from the conquest of Philadelphia. Meanwhile, the Army of the Mohawk will have joined with the Army of Canada and seized Albany. The two will then join the siege of New York.

Troops in the south will try to link up with Cornwallis or survive long enough for him to reach them.

United, the two bodies of rebel militia are more powerful than the King's men. Dunmore will try and destroy one group of the Americans while they are divided.

Cornwallis takes Charleston without much effort.

In the north, Howe also defeats a sizable group of rebels.

Dunmore fails to prevent the two groups from linking up, although they are stopped at great cost by Loyalist militia.

Another large army arrives. They will join with the Army of New England

With them comes a training officer! All Loyalist militia in New England goes to him for training into Line Infantry.

As you can sort of see, Washington in is Philadelphia. The army of New York will try to withdraw and recapture New York before Washington can catch them.

Dunmore will try and break the siege of Norfolk while some highlanders arrive from Halifax.

The rebel scum are able to seize the city.

But Dunmore is able to retake it. I forgot to get pics of the south, but Cornwallis retook Augusta and is marching on 96.

I must say I'm impressed, every time I play as the Brits I get my butt handed to me.

All of a sudden, it seems there are Rebels and Redcoats everywhere! I don't know if it's just my perception, but it feels like this started off as a few, localized, skirmishes, and now there are units and battles from the very north to the very south of the 13 colonies.

Right now you resist quite well, and actually have the edge, but you did win any decisive victory yet, and the more time the Americans win, the closer the French intervention is.

But you have many many more reinforcement incoming, until you are able to mount full German armies...

Looks interesting, I'll follow.

But do we really want people who can't make a proper cup of tea? Putting the tea into the Atlantic really isn't going to drinkable is it!