• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't tell you exactly how because various router brands do it a bit differently. You should be able to easily find a guide on google or even call your isp and they can help. Just to save some trouble you have to open every port between 1630 and 1641

How do I do that?

I think that should help
steamcommunity.com/app/42960/discussions/0/3377008022026862146/
(direct links to forums are not allowed, so you have to copy and paste it).

PS.
Okay i'll just copy the post(s)
You either use a third party program like Hamachi, Tunngle or Evolve or use the hosts direct IP adress (who has to open some ports though). Do you need further instructions on that?

The servers are down for pretty much forever.

You need to open/forward ports 1630 TO 1641 TCP & UDP.

It occurs sometimes that the firewall is messing things up if you use a 3rd party program. If you trust your friends enough, you can disable it to remove any problems with that.

I'll throw in some additional information for when you are hosting:

Make sure you are not both named the default "Player". Computer can't work with two players with the same name. You can simply rename yourself in the Multiplayer menu.

Starting singleplayer etc. changes the checksum (as do Mods ofcourse do). Just make sure you both freshly restart the game when you want to play together and that you have the same mods etc. ofcourse.

In the lobby then, if you load up a save, tell your friends only to join after the save has been fully loaded. Can else lead to desyncs.

Make sure before you start that everybody is at 100% when you play with a save for everybody else. Sometimes people seemingly get "stuck" even though they have already completed download of the save. In that case, the one who has that faulty % simply needs to leave and rejoin again (no need for restart as the game hasnt started).

Once loaded into the game, there is a chatlog "Waiting for players". DO NOT USE THAT CHAT. It will cause an instant desync as soon the game starts.
The normal ingame chat then is fine (rightclick on the message popup to tell it not to popup for every message).

Once one of you desyncs, you should save up, restart the game and rehost.
This is quite important. Yea you can go on, but from this onwards, things can develop very different without you noticing. Maybe the AI X has declared war on you, but for your friend it didn't. Usually in the early years desyncs are quite frequent and annoying but thats just how it is.

Last edited: