• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
cat-riding-bike.gif

on the surface they may look a bit similar because they are all map games, but otherwise its like saying that Deus Ex and call of duty are copies of each other

Sorry guys no violence talk against another member even in jest please.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion provided they express it in a polite fashion.

Why do most Paradox moderators have copy and paste beliefs in a friendly community that can take a joke? ;)
Please see rule 2 before making posts like this.
But your answer is because We have had serious threats of violence including death threats against staff and other members in the past which tends to make us more vigilant about these issues.
We are not unreasonable, no one was infracted or formally warned for these posts, they were escalating in nature and I simply wanted to halt it before it got to the point I need to take more direct action.

If anyone wishes to discuss the matter further or has further concerns feel free to PM me.
Please do not derail the thread with this issue.

Obviously the newer games are quite different, and have a lot of upgrades. But to play devil's advocate, there is a lot of LITERAL copy and pasting. The Hearts of Iron leader files are the biggest example. Localization, events, triggers, that sort of thing also.

Well, Germany didn't evolve any new WWII generals between HoI2 and HoI3 as far as I know, so it made sense to re-use the leader file. Historical data doesn't change between games, although what we do with it can and does.