What would you like to see in the London DLC?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 track tunnels would have been better for the NYC expansion.

If Southern commuter trains would be run, I'd recommend including the Capitalstars. (378's, they're also somewhat similar to the S stocks so shouldn't be that hard to model the two)

Regarding mixed-purpose buildings, I find that towards the centre the big business buildings are single purpose. But if you go out to the smaller shopping parades in South London and Surrey, there are residential buildings above the shops.

Thanks for all the feedback! We have nailed down couple of the landmarks and are now working on those. It's really cool to have London in Cities in Motion, since it's one of my favourite cities to visit :)

Can you add football hooligans roaming the streets every now and then when football match is going to finish in stadium?
Myabe a useless thing for game but would give you the feeling that you really are in place where football is religion lol.

I don't think it's that bad anymore. You get drunk fans but the old football riots are virtually non-existant.

Here's a daft, but pragmatic suggestion for both including the common Black Cab (aka London Taxi) and making use of the tram system:

Fudge a tram system with a "black cab" tram.

The tram lines are almost invisible anyway, and having black cabs for trams could look pseudo-realistic. Lowish capacity, so you'd need lots of them. To avoid too many driver's wages, have two cabs running nose to tail as a single "tram", one driver, carries 12....
I hope the purists aren't offended too much, but it seemed a possible way to bludgeon the CiM tram system into a non-tram city. I'd be a little worried by the tram's "offroading" abilities, but hey, I'm just trying to get folk thinking.

You could add a black cab to the bus list, but then what are you going to do for the trams? Trolley buses for historic periods maybe, but surely not for modern times? Or will the entire tram system get disabled for the period?

And for realism, you'd want lots of cyclists darting about in the traffic. Huge traffic jams are also a must. Nothing must travel at more than 10mph. (15km/h). Speed cameras should flash if they do. (Fines could become an expense as well as an income!)
And have the police close all roads over half the map when there is an accident of any sort...... (jaded lol)

Last edited:
Fudge a tram system with a "black cab" tram.
I hope the purists aren't offended too much, but it seemed a possible way to bludgeon the CiM tram system into a non-tram city.

I'm sorry to say that my private opinion about the idea is that it is really a bad one. I would not like to see taxis running on pre-designed routes with stops...

I think it's too late for requests. Anything that will be seen on the London DLC should be already in-works.
We already know that Big-Ben and the house of parliament (Palace of Westminister) will be in the DLC, the 1972 underground stock and the Routemaster were implemented in the original game.

but it seemed a possible way to bludgeon the CiM tram system into a non-tram city.

But London did used to have trolley buses and there's the Croydon Tramlink...

Also, while I remember, any advances on the 'Autumn' release date? :eek:o

Status
Not open for further replies.